PDA

View Full Version : The Sims Movie

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2008, 02:04 AM
The Sims: The Movie (2009) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1042380/)
The Sims movie planned - PC News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171544.html)

So, what do you think?

I think this has awesome potential. Plus you know it's going to end showing someone at their computer laughing maniacally :mwahaha:

Avarice-ness
05-08-2008, 02:16 AM
The only real fun I got out of the sims, would be killing my people.
You know, like putting 4 firework launchers in a small room, taking away the door then setting them off.
Or telling them to jump off the diving board into a pool with no ladder.

If the movie doesn't have like.. alot of random pointless death, then it won't be worth it. =[

Big D
05-08-2008, 02:18 AM
I can't tell if that's a practical joke or not... I just can't see how the concept can be adapted into a movie. I suppose they could give it elements of mystery/suspense/horror/surreality, like when the Sims wake up to find that all their toilets have been deleted... or will it be about their gradual awakening, as they realise that they're merely players in someone else's game?
No matter how they approach it, it's sure to be odd. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.

Garnie
05-08-2008, 02:21 AM
omg simtalk!!(liek all the way through the film lol)
i dunno it depends how random it is! you cant make like your normal comedys its just gotta be stupid! all the way through

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2008, 02:26 AM
The only real fun I got out of the sims, would be killing my people.
You know, like putting 4 firework launchers in a small room, taking away the door then setting them off.
Or telling them to jump off the diving board into a pool with no ladder.

If the movie doesn't have like.. alot of random pointless death, then it won't be worth it. =[

OMG YES.

and Sim Zoos. We must have Sim Zoos. 50 neighbor sims and firemen stuck in tiny two ft^2 rooms and the police don't care.

Namelessfengir
05-08-2008, 02:27 AM
i havent played sims since simcity so this holds no interest in me

Shlup
05-08-2008, 03:14 AM
I've pondered on this before (this is old news within The Sims nerd community), but I still don't get it. The Sims 2 is supposed to be a life simulator, so... the movie is going to be about life? About nothing? They're going to buy a new stove and burn the lobster thermador? They're going to have a baby while standing in the bathroom?

Makes no sense to me.

Arc_Master_14
05-08-2008, 04:13 AM
I have ti say this will prolly suck unless its all in sim talk with subtitles

Bahamut2000X
05-08-2008, 04:27 AM
*Head Palm*

Germ Hamee
05-08-2008, 07:10 AM
I think I might be the only person that thinks it's a brilliant idea, and could turn out to be a great comedy if it's done right. Combine Frank Oz's Stepford Wives with The Sims commercials and you've got your sim movie. To most people that sounds retarded, but to me it's a hoot.

Rostum
05-08-2008, 08:06 AM
...the movie is going to be about life? About nothing?

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/227/showaboutnothingea5.jpg

Breine
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I can't tell if that's a practical joke or not... I just can't see how the concept can be adapted into a movie. I suppose they could give it elements of mystery/suspense/horror/surreality, like when the Sims wake up to find that all their toilets have been deleted... or will it be about their gradual awakening, as they realise that they're merely players in someone else's game?
No matter how they approach it, it's sure to be odd. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.

I agree. It'll be interesting to see what they make of this.

Cz
05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm confused, but it'll be intriguing to see what they decide to do with this. A couple of D's ideas sound like they'd be good fun, and there's a good chance I'll go and see a Sims movie if it's as refreshingly weird as that.

Dolentrean
05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
...the movie is going to be about life? About nothing?

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/227/showaboutnothingea5.jpg

That is what I was thinking... I never liked The Sims, but a Sims movie? Who knows...

Markus. D
05-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Well... you can kill off your sims...

But if they did that it will be like SAW o_o;;; (*hates*)

I wonder if the script will be all "Habablaba... dah? Hahaha~ Sicohabe?"

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2008, 02:23 PM
That would be hilarious seeing as it's a live action movie xD

I can't wait to see the cast list.

Tabris
05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, the live action bit confused me as well. I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but I will definitly see it when it comes out.

Finola
05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
This idea feels and sounds confusing even though the possible plot (in imdb) seems interesting.
I don't have high hopes for this, even I am a sims fan, but i definitely have to see it once it's released, if i get the chance.

Levian
05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Basically Big Brother then.

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Waaah, just put them all on a couch or in a hot tub, use the mood boosting cheats, and everyone gets along fine and dandy!

Pleasantview is one of the most delightful neighbourhoods to live in, everybody is happy, the grass is always green, children are always well-mannered. But newcomer Andie starts to uncover the 'real' pleasantview, for not only are Pleasantville full of cheating, lying, decieving, secret-ridden people like the Goths, Don Lothario and the struggling Newbies, but they are being ruled by a greater power. Andie is terrified to discover they are stuck in a video game being played by millions universally.

Is that really the plot? COOL!

Polaris
05-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Drama?O_O WTF! I seriosuly hope someone will buy a pool and then remove the stairs of the pool so an entire family will die! Otherwise it will suck! :(

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm thinking it'll be more like dramedy :p

Hahaha I hope the gamer puts the move_objects or testing cheats code in xD

WHY ARE YOU SWIMMING THROUGH MY LIVING ROOM FLOOR? ZOMG WE ARE IN A VIDEO GAME!!

Arc_Master_14
05-14-2008, 12:34 AM

WHY ARE YOU SWIMMING THROUGH MY LIVING ROOM FLOOR? ZOMG WE ARE IN A VIDEO GAME!!
Lol or the clown picture and the family is all "NOOO WHY!?!" lol rosebud

Peegee
05-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Not true (that it must flop). I can totally see a sims movie that is basically a live action, film version of the video game. Invent scenarios that eventually explode into a cesspool of hilarity, and you have instant win.

A life action 'life simulator' would be similar to just watching a documentary about people. Zzzyawn.

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2008, 12:58 AM

Lol or the clown picture and the family is all "NOOO WHY!?!" lol rosebud

I heard if you burn that thing the clown'll go away :S

Nominus Experse
05-14-2008, 01:30 AM
No, no, no, no and no, please oh Jove! no!

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-14-2008, 02:38 AM
What.

WHAT!?

Yar
05-14-2008, 02:46 AM
The endless debate of "what sucks more, video games based on movies, or movies based on video games?" continues.

Fire_Emblem776
05-14-2008, 08:47 AM
They were able to make an animal crossing movie why not this?

rubah
05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
I just want to know what kind of model quality they'd use.