PDA

View Full Version : Daisy chains

Zeldy
05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Aren't they just the cutest - and most pointless - things ever? With this nice weather (right, 23/24.C is hottt!) we've all been on the playing field at lunch, and it is overrun by daisies. So for the last week, every single lunch, I started making daisy chains. I've never made one before, so I'm still a nub.

http://a148.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/l_83df25f73bf935d690f14089e08fc15b.jpg

Do you like to make daisy chains? how long do you make them? Isnt the weather just HOT HOT HOT?! (:

goo! :jess:

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 05:02 PM
School uniforms are HOT HOT HOT! :bigsmile:

and no, im a guy, and we dont make things out of flowers.

nub question: isnt a chain supposed to be.. well.. round?

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
As a kid I tended to scour entire fields pulling up the daisies because I remember being told they were technically a weed. These days I'm less callous towards plants, though I'm by no means on good terms with them. They give me oxygen, I give them carbon dioxide. Done deal.

Breine
05-08-2008, 05:18 PM
I must admit I've never ever made one of those. Tons of girls used to make them when we were little, though :P

Also, yes.. the weather is amazing these days.

Raebus
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Flowers are meant to be trampled into the ground, then burnt with a flame thrower.

Polaris
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I have no idea there were daisy chains :confused: But I never made any!

Tallulah
05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Naw. I preferred just picking daisies and bringing home 'bouquets' for my mum. I would put them in eggcups half filled with water. ^_^

Or doing 'he loves me, he loves me not' by picking the petals off. :love:

Cookie
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
People have tried to teach me before, but I was pretty young and therefore I thought:

Flowers are meant to be trampled into the ground, then burnt with a flame thrower.

Only without the flame thrower part. Ironically, the few times I've ever actually wanted to make them for whatever reason, nobody was willing to teach me.

Flying Mullet
05-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I've never made daisy chains but I have woven three strands of grass or weed stalks together when I find myself in a field and I'm bored..

rubah
05-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I never knew how to make them, and we don't really have a lot of daisies here anyways xD

Old Manus
05-08-2008, 06:05 PM
nub question: isnt a chain supposed to be.. well.. round?no

Shauna
05-08-2008, 06:36 PM
I haven't made daisy chains in years. Used to do it a lot when I was bored, when I was younger. I was useless at it. :(

And yes, it is really warm. Me and my friends have been getting ice creams after school and walking home in the sun. Good days. :heart:

Jess
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
When I was at school I used to make them into little rings/bracelets. It's been years since I last made a daisy chain.

I'm loving this weather. The sunny days make me smile. :jess:

Zeldy
05-08-2008, 08:12 PM
School uniforms are HOT HOT HOT! :bigsmile:

and no, im a guy, and we dont make things out of flowers.

nub question: isnt a chain supposed to be.. well.. round?

Not to wear they're not!

They can be whatever you want them to be, I've had a necklace and a bracelet made for me out of daisies :jess:

Bunny
05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I used to eat flowers.

Roogle
05-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I am likely allergic to daisies, so I would not want to be near daisies or anyone wearing a daisy chain.

Quindiana Jones
05-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I am a hippee, wooooo!

DarkLadyNyara
05-09-2008, 01:42 AM
I used to make those. I made some long ones, too. Like, five feet long, once. Yes, I had a lot of time on my hands. :D

Rye
05-09-2008, 01:49 AM
I am a hippee, wooooo!

Your 'fro looks so... ginger. :bigsmile:

Miriel
05-09-2008, 03:41 AM
I used to make these daisy bracelets and necklaces but different from a typical daisy chain. Like in Zeldy's picture, the daisies are a couple inches apart. I used to make mine so that the daises would all be touching each other and tightly woven in together. More like a wreath I guess. Used to LOVE doing that.

Relapse
05-09-2008, 06:37 AM
A daisy chain refers to sexual relations among three or more people, with each person both performing and receiving oral sex simultaneously.

WTF?

Blue Harvest
05-09-2008, 10:08 AM
^ That's the kind of daisy chain I'd like to make :monster:

Parker
05-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Wikipedia rules.

Anyway I used to try to make them but I would always screw up making the hole in the stem. My thumbnail would just shred it all up. It would take ages to make a chain of three and then I'd just quit.

Quindiana Jones
05-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I am a hippee, wooooo!

Your 'fro looks so... ginger. :bigsmile:

I'm going to join forces with Psychotic, hunt you down, and forcibly dye your hair actual ginger. :mad2:

smittenkitten
05-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Zomgosh Amy, I made one on Sunday when me and Daniel went sun bathing in the park. :heart:

scrumpleberry
05-10-2008, 10:01 PM
INSTRUCTIONS FO' THE POOR, DEPRIVED PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM :eek:

:save: Pick daisies either one at a time or in a big bunch, all with long stems

:save: Using your thumbnail, carefully split a part of the stem. If you chop it to bits, that's what the long stems are for! Just try again using tiny incisions

:save: Gently pull the incision wider until you can make it into a neat little gap

:save: Thread your next daisy through the gap by the STEM and pull it through until it's stopped by the head

:save: Rinse 'n repeat!

:save: When you reach the end, I prefer to thread the first daisy thorugh the stem of the final daisy by the head, but some people like to tie them. I personally think it a bit clumsy and doesn't look so nice. If you've made a choker/bracelet/belt/ring/etc. where you're wrapping it round whatever multiple times, do so before tying it off.
I LURVE DAISY CHAINS they're great :bigsmile:

Deborah
05-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I used to make them in elementary school everyday almost! I have a memory of me and some friends trying to make the longest chain possible! :love: