PDA

View Full Version : Knowing EoFFers Before Joining EoFF

Evastio
05-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm guessing most of you don't have a reply for this since you joined EoFF right away without getting to see how respectful people were here or what kind of people posted here.

Anyways in case you did take the time to read threads here before joining, did you get to know some EoFFers a little before joining EoFF? Like were you able to read certain EoFFers posts and got an idea as to what they're like that way or something?

I actually did just that. I had the honour of reading Maxx Power's solo Edward challenge while it was in progress. I also got to learn about how smart of a person Kawaii Ryűkishi was seeing him responding to practically all FF related (and a lot of non FF related) questions.

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 07:14 PM
I think i knew some of rubah's posts before i joined.. not sure though.. its a long time ago.

Old Manus
05-08-2008, 07:18 PM
I lurked for approximately 6 months before I joined

Cookie
05-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I joined in the first week that I'd ever actually used the internet outside of a school environment.

XxSephirothxX
05-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I saw how much of a sexy beast DK was so I signed up posthaste.

Psychotic
05-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Well one time in a CRAZY and WELL THOUGHT OUT plot twist the Cid's Knights were all in this orphanage together as kids but we all forgot because of GFs or something.

I think the first EoFFer I noticed was Roogle, because I always used to come in through the front site and he was the one giving news updates at the time. Oh what a thrill it was to see him in chat the first time! Well, it wasn't really that thrilling because he didn't call me a mall. But you know.

Peegee
05-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Anybody who knows me IRL or beyond the forums knows this is a terrible, excellent idea.

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I was in a hurry when I found this place, so I joined, posted my PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THIS STUFF thread in the FFVIII section, and waited.

Citizen Bleys
05-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I knew several former EoFF'ers before they became EoFF'ers, does that count?

Lawr
05-09-2008, 12:24 AM
I think I remember reading posts by someone with a naked guy coming out of an apple. Him and Croyles.

Kes
05-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Well, I knew Ouch!, and he may have mentioned a few people in conversations when something amusing happened. I think.

The fact that the Cid's Knight competition was happening when I joined was helpful. The confessionals and challenges were very informative.

Miriel
05-09-2008, 03:44 AM
I lurked for quite a while before joining and I'm sure I much have noticed certain personalities before signing up. But it was so long ago that I can't remember at all.

Arc_Master_14
05-09-2008, 03:47 AM
I lurked For a week or so and Ace14 lives down the street from me

Roto13
05-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Giga Guess referred me. And I referred JKTrix.

I don't really lurk around forums before joining. Many forums (even this one) have places you can only see with an account. There are a lot of forums where I have accounts and have only posted once or twice, though. I'm looking at you, Zelda Universe.

KentaRawr!
05-09-2008, 04:36 AM
I lurked a bit. Then I came in and used the toilet. The bathroom was so nice, I just couldn't leave.

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2008, 04:47 AM
I joined made a thread and came back a week later because there was a mysterious bookmark in my favorites folder and I had no clue what the hell this place was XD

I know plenty of old staffers that wish that mystery bookmark never existed XD

But I have had people join because I post here...like Sephex and Dixie(but they suck and don't post anymore)...so that sort kind of maybe counts a little XD

Meow
05-09-2008, 05:09 AM
I knew liz would be a big noob long before I started posting

maybe even speaking

but I wouldn't have been able to say anything about it at the time

Xaven
05-09-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't really lurk around forums before joining. Many forums (even this one) have places you can only see with an account. There are a lot of forums where I have accounts and have only posted once or twice, though. I'm looking at you, Zelda Universe.
Basically, what he said. Including the Zelda Universe tidbit. :P

Roto13
05-09-2008, 05:20 AM
xD!!

Raistlin
05-09-2008, 05:57 AM
I didn't lurk. But I already knew Cid, BOU, RSL, Jojo (XXXSephirothXXX back then; she was a ridiculously naive little girl), and some other people who aren't around anymore.

Blue Harvest
05-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I wasn't much of a lurker. I had the forums bookmarked for a while but I never really checked it out. Then one night I was tricked into joining with the promise of cookies. I never did get those cookies. Damn you Caitlin!

Fatal Impurity
05-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I lurked for a few days before joining but what drove me here was the thirst for information on the ever elusive FF7 Debug Room.

Oh and Phychotic's Walrus.

Balzac
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I talked to most people in irc since 2001, so I knew what a lot were like, hah!

Breine
05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I didn't lurk at all before joining.

Yes, I was very naive :P

escobert
05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I never intended on sticking around here.

Kossage
05-10-2008, 12:24 AM
It was Sephiroth1999AD who introduced me to EoFF. I once noticed that he was accessing some website (which turned out to be EoFF), and I asked what it was, and he told me all kinds of things about the forums.

I thought EoFF looked interesting, but I lurked for a while (a couple of months if I recall) to see how things worked out. I observed the daily routines and read some interesting threads. During this time I got to know BoB and Bleys among others because of their distinctive writing styles that caught my eye.

Eventually I decided to give in and join, because I liked what I saw, and the rest is history. :)

Jess
05-10-2008, 12:51 AM
I've never lurked a forum before joining it. I was a member at another FF forum before joining here, but I stumbled across this one and decided to join. In the end I decided I liked EoFF more and stopped posting in the other one. :jess:

I can't remember who I noticed first!

Jojee
05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I didn't lurk. But I already knew Cid, BOU, RSL, Jojo (XXXSephirothXXX back then; she was a ridiculously naive little girl), and some other people who aren't around anymore.

Haha yea I knew those people too xD EoFF broke off of FFWA, so ^_^

Big D
05-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I lurked for a few months at the end of 2002, absorbing knowledge and lulz from the FF forums, and browsing the others for similar reasons. I became familiar with a few famous personalities, then finally joined up in '03. Thusly, when I joined up I knew who a few people were, but didn't actually know any of them.

Back then, all the forums were publicly viewable, even EoEO, so it was possible to see all that was available before actually signing up.

Caraliz
05-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I knew liz would be a big noob long before I started posting

maybe even speaking

but I wouldn't have been able to say anything about it at the time
i wonder how you know me rawr. :cool:

Goldenboko
05-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Me joining this place was pretty spur of the moment. It was kinda like. "Damn, no one's around to talk right now. Whats this? There's a magical place on the internet where the demon feces throwing monkeys in my brain can get their word out on their favorite video games? OOOOO DOGGIES THIS'LL BE FUN :spin:!"

I'm guessing most of you don't have a reply for this since you joined EoFF right away without getting to see how respectful people were here or what kind of people posted here.
Is it just me, or did that seem like some sort of... attack? o.0

scrumpleberry
05-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't really lurk around forums before joining. Many forums (even this one) have places you can only see with an account. There are a lot couple of forums where I have accounts and have only posted once or twice, though. I'm looking at you, Zelda Universe.

And...and Gaia Online.

Okay, tell a lie, I rp'd there for a while. A couple of other sites, probably, that I can't remember...

BACK ON TOPIC the correct answer is noooo. I lurked for a week or so, but I was on the frontsite for walkthroughs etc. for about 6 months before noticing the forae xD

Meow
05-11-2008, 02:48 AM

my dreams of course

Evastio
05-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Is it just me, or did that seem like some sort of... attack? o.0
It's more of an attack on this thread. I thought that since a lot of EoFFers just immediately joined not many of them would have a response for this thread which would make this thread pointless.

Caraliz
05-12-2008, 07:17 PM

my dreams of course
i'm in love with you rawr. please have a 3some with me and bert.

smittenkitten
05-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Half the people I knew at school were member of Eoff, I just didn't know there usernames. :p I knew about Eoff a year before I joined and then one day lovely Squinn helped me register.