PDA

View Full Version : Songs that are ruined by the words.

Quindiana Jones
05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Some tunes are really good. But you don't get to hear them due to the words. One example I like is "All the things she said", by dem lezbonims. Awesome tune, crap singing. :(

So, yeah. List some others if you can think of any.

Flying Mullet
05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Ruined by the words? Any song, typically rap/hip-hop, where they use the word "n*****" as a term of endearment, friendship, etc... How's a white guy supposed to sing/rap along if they keep throwing that word in there?

Quindiana Jones
05-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I realised after making this thread that I meant "ruined by singers". :(

Words'll have to do, I s'pose.

Flying Mullet
05-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I can update the thread title if you'd like. Then everyone can wonder what I'm talking about as it has nothing to do with the title.

Shiny
05-08-2008, 10:34 PM
"Why You Wanna" by T.I.

Lame lyrics. Nice beat.

EDIT: That's why people make instrumental tracks (http://youtube.com/watch?v=4bj7FHT4ILw). Because a lot lyrics these days are pretty half baked.

Quindiana Jones
05-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I can update the thread title if you'd like. Then everyone can wonder what I'm talking about as it has nothing to do with the title.

Nah. I'm sure any intelligent people will get what I mean. ;)

Evastio
05-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl's theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjaoYZ7jlA) is definitely one of them.

"I'll be the Marth
Eg. Noob
This is Yoshi's B
This monkey wants to hug him..." (etc.)

I never think of that song the same way anymore thanks to that video. :rolleyes2

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
The fat c0ck song

Shattered Dreamer
05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
I Don't Love You by My Chemical Romance is a great rock love song if only that whiney b!tch Gerard Way wasnt singing it

Markus. D
05-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Alot of Enduser's Songs are ruined by MC or Lyricists.

He's so awesome, he doesn't notice he has no need for anything other than his music =]

Just to name a few...

Avarice-ness
05-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I can't really think of any because I've become attuned to filtering out the words and only listening to the background.

Lawr
05-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl's theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjaoYZ7jlA) is definitely one of them.

"I'll be the Marth
Eg. Noob
This is Yoshi's B
This monkey wants to hug him..." (etc.)

I never think of that song the same way anymore thanks to that video. :rolleyes2

I'll post the real lyrics just to be cool. :cool:

Audi famam illius.
I have heard of his rumor.

Solus in hostes ruit
He alone rushed into his enemies

et patriam servavit.
and saved his homeland.

Audi famam illius.

Cucurrit quaeque tetigit destruens.
He ran across the lands and everything he touched was destroyed.

Audi famam illius.

Audi famam illius.

Spes omnibus,mihi quoque.
He gave everyone hope, as he gave me.

Terror omnibus,mihi quoque.
He gave everyone fear, as he gave me.

Ille
He is now

iuxta me.
next to me.

Ille iuxta me.
He is now next to me.

Socii sunt mihi.
My allies are with me.

qui olim viri fortes
My allies, who were once heroes

rivalesque erant.
and old enemies, are here.

Saeve certando pugnandoque
As they fiercely competed and battled

sprendor crescit.
their splendor grew.

Roto13
05-09-2008, 12:44 AM
I remember that time Ashley Simpson killed her career on SNL by playing the wrong vocal track during a song. She ran away in tears or whatever and her band kept playing the song without her or her recording. It actually sounded pretty good without her caterwauling.

Aerith's Knight
05-09-2008, 12:48 AM
I remember that time Ashley Simpson killed her career on SNL by playing the wrong vocal track during a song. She ran away in tears or whatever and her band kept playing the song without her or her recording. It actually sounded pretty good without her caterwauling.

EPIC!

I must see! gimme link plz.

DMKA
05-09-2008, 01:35 AM

EPIC!

I must see! gimme link plz.

Here lolz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZeMxCmN1oE&fmt=18)

Sadly roto exaggerates it a bit though. No crying or anything that great. It's still priceless though. Also, watch the guitar players smugly grin at each other, hehe.

Also, older than the internet, etc.

Relapse
05-09-2008, 06:44 AM
james hetfield's of metallica current voice kinda sucks compared to like 20 years ago. but everything else about metallica's music rocks. maybe KMFDM too. sascha is too emotionless.

as for words, idk lol :/

Big D
05-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Snake Eater, from the Metal Gear game of the same name, if a fine and dramatic Bond-style song, with a great score and fine singing. However, some of the lines are barely coherent, and they practically shout the fact that this song was written by someone whose first language was *not* English.

"Some day you'll go in the rain,
Some day you'll feed on a tree frog."

Both of those are perfectly accurate descriptions of things that happen in the game - the main character is rained upon several times, and has the option of dining upon numerous tree frogs - but those lines have so little relation to what actually matters in the story. The whole song's like that; someone actually wrote a piece on GameFAQs where they dissect the song and try to inject meaning into it, line-by-line. It takes quite a lot of effort, sometimes.

On a different note, The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony would be vastly better if the singing was improved. The way it is, it feels like the vocalist tried to sound harshly whiny and off-beat.

rubah
05-09-2008, 07:04 AM
what mullet said

Wolf Kanno
05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I like Snake Eater's cheesy lyrics and I actually like the singing in Bittersweet Symphony :(

Anything by Megadeth. Awesome music, horrible lead singer and lyrics... In fact, thanks to Guilty Gear, I feel it should be a rule that heavy metal song shouldn't have lyrics unless its a choir piece done in a foreign language. :D

In Persona 3, my favorite track is "Memories of the City" which is a slow paced instrumental version of the games ending theme "Kimi no Kioku". Now its not that the ending theme isn't good, I just felt that "Memories of the City" is a way better track. "A Distant Promise" is also way better than the actual ending them "Small Two of Pieces" in Xenogears.:cool:

DMKA
05-09-2008, 01:35 PM
"Some day you'll feed on a tree frog."

That's what it actually says? I thought I was just hearing it wrong all this time. :p

Quindiana Jones
05-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Also, watch the guitar players smugly grin at each other, hehe.

I saw that! It was the best bit! :laugh:

The Unknown Guru
05-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Also, watch the guitar players smugly grin at each other, hehe.

I saw that! It was the best bit! :laugh:

No, it's way better how she just stops, looks, around, does a little jig, and skulks off the stage.

Montoya
05-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I'd have to agree on Snake Eater. The music is pretty awesome and then I pay attention to the lyrics and I forget what happens for the rest of the night. :choc:

Jings
05-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. Too much singing, not enough saxophone.

Arc_Master_14
05-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Every once in awhile my school will have bands at our school play the music is good except their singers. Crap crap even more crap. Id Listen if they sung the lyrics to Jordan if youu get my drift. I dont know any of the names to the songs but Im sure they're covers

Tallulah
05-11-2008, 12:16 AM
The first time I heard The Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vaa4eGOtrTg)I thought the singing was hideous (it is!), but it grew on me, because it reminds me of something from the early Nineties 'Madchester' movement, which I approve of. :D

Renmiri
05-11-2008, 02:28 PM
She loves me dead.

Catchy tune, lyrics so bad and disgusting they are funny!

BardTard
05-12-2008, 03:24 AM
"Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado. I HATE that song.

Evastio
05-13-2008, 02:58 AM
I'll post the real lyrics just to be cool. :cool:

But the real lyrics are too repetitive and unfitting for a game as funny and random as Smash Bros. :(

Don't you think

I'll be the Marth
Eg. Noob
This is Yoshi's B
This monkey wants to hug him
I'll heat the Doc
Eg. Noob
Pooing through a dress
The monkey wears to work
Wife (the name of a professional SSBM Peach user) on a video
I want it thrown on Venus
Hey there's Up B-ing Noobs
Being impotent
Hey all those people seeing one Link
Being lame
Ness Down A
Yaaaaaaaaay!!!
Here is Kirby
So? Sheik's Front B
Hey all the meaningful plants
We won't last very long
Ken (the name of a professional SSBM Marth user) Combo
Put on doh! this bird of prey
Sweet!!

is much more funnier and Smash Bros. related?

Moon Rabbits
05-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Animal Collective is pretty rad when they don't sing. Although they can sing sometimes and it works. Just not a lot of the time.

Klyklops
05-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Bob Dylan, Story of the Hurricane.

Reeno the Alchemist
05-15-2008, 01:21 AM
The skies above by the blackmages D: