PDA

View Full Version : Leader of al-Qaida arrested

Fonzie
05-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Leader of al-Qaida in Iraq arrested - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24527960)

News.

Tavrobel
05-09-2008, 01:07 AM
I doubt he's going to be leader much longer. If one considers Al-Queda like any other organization, out with the old, in with the new. I expect a new "leader" to be captured within five years. Right after Starcraft II comes out.

Captain Maxx Power
05-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I doubt he's going to be leader much longer. If one considers Al-Queda like any other organization, out with the old, in with the new. I expect a new "leader" to be captured within five years. Right after Starcraft II comes out.

Quick, zerg rush and capture the leader!

Yeah like Tav says, these sorts of organisations don't run on their leaders but rather their overall infrastructure and ideals. You'd literally have to capture every single one of the members to stop the group entirely.

Fonzie
05-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Think of the information we can torture get out of this man though.

DMKA
05-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Think of the information we can torture get out of this man though.

Not much that we don't already know.

Big D
05-09-2008, 02:31 AM
He's got to be at least the second or third Al Qaeda leader captured or killed in Iraq, so it's not that big a step really. Plenty of other officers to replace him, just as there were before.

I expect this'll be used a hefty piece of propaganda for the Republican Party, though - further 'proof' of how they've beaten terrorism, brought peace and freedom to Iraq, and why McCain absolutely must win the election.

Yar
05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
He's got to be at least the second or third Al Qaeda leader captured or killed in Iraq, so it's not that big a step really. Plenty of other officers to replace him, just as there were before.

I expect this'll be used a hefty piece of propaganda for the Republican Party, though - further 'proof' of how they've beaten terrorism, brought peace and freedom to Iraq, and why McCain absolutely must win the election.

Exactly. The use 9/11 as a scare tactic for going to war, reelection, and other things to benefit their administration, when in the first place they practically did nothing to stop 9/11.

I hate the Republican Party and the Bush Administration. I've always been outspoken of it.