PDA

View Full Version : Dang, my back REALLY hurts...

KentaRawr!
05-09-2008, 01:16 AM
My back really hurts right now. Allow me to explain to you why.

I downloaded the DS Demo for Jam Sessions, you see, and I discovered the Microphone feature. I then noticed that I could change the effects of the sounds that go through with either strumming, or through the microphone. Then I put my Guitar on my lap face up, put the DS on top of the Guitar, and plugged in some headphones to the DS. It came out with a really clean sound, complimented by the Chorus sound effect in the background. I played my guitar for so long, beating on the harmonics and finger picking alternatively, my back now feels like it's going to split! I was hunched over for soooo long...

"But it's worth it" as General Pepper would say.

So, basically, I was playing a handheld game in an awkward position for what was apparently an hour or so, and now my back hurts majorly. Has this ever happened to you? That is, getting mildly (or severely) hurt due to playing a Video Game? Tell us your story.

Edit: I also once played Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for a massive amount of time, and my hands hurt quite badly afterwards.

XxSephirothxX
05-09-2008, 01:20 AM
I fucked my neck up pretty bad by playing FFTA for hours on end for days. I think I had to lay off the game for a week or so after that. :p

Carl the Llama
05-09-2008, 02:04 AM
ever had a Street Fighter night in which the winner stays on? I have and I was on there for hours and at the end my thumb had a huge blister lol.

Vermachtnis
05-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Everytime I play my DS or PSP or any other portable thingy my neck hurt. Because I just prop my pillows up against the back board and lay like that for an hour or so.

Jessweeee♪
05-09-2008, 03:17 AM
I went to a lock-in thing once that was for all of the middle school students some years ago, and then I realized that going was a stupid idea because I didn't know anyone (I'd just moved there) and there was nothing to do but talk to these people. Which I did, but only after majorly cramping my hands kicking ass in Soul Cailbur for six hours. I hate arcade machines.

Roto13
05-09-2008, 04:13 AM
The Guitar Hero III controller must be shaped weird or something, because it makes my thumb hurt. I'm holding it wrong I guess.

rubah
05-09-2008, 07:07 AM
I came out of many a GH session with crippled hands 8)

Tama2
05-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Street Fighter II killed my thumbs one day.

GH use to mess my thumb up. I use to put a lot of pressure on it when I would play.

Rock Band strained my shin. The 58 Song Setlist. I play on expert and I don't like using the Heel-Up method of drumming. I had an advantage since I played drums for years now. >:]

Tasura
05-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Drums on Rockband, multi-hour GH sessions using a normal controllers, and like 4 hours of straight boxing in wii sports.

Kes
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
I've had a lot of close calls with DDR, but so far, nothing major or fatal, obviously.

Dreddz
05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
The only discomfort I have from playing video games is when I get blisters on my left thumb when playing fighting games, mainly 2D ones like Street Fighter. Nothing that would stop me from playing the game though.

Lionx
05-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Portal - Motion Sickness
Capcom vs SNK 2 - Headache from long exposure in arcade constantly
Street Fighter - Finger blister
FFT - Arm pain from leaning on side playing PSP.

Quindiana Jones
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Only an hour? Bitch, please. ;)

My most common injury is probably dead legs from when something really annoying happens and I crack myself in the leg, haha!

ReloadPsi
05-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Left pinky finger: Using Shift as the sprint key in various FPS games while using WASD as the directions. This only happens in games where there's no limit on how much you can sprint though, particularly the original DOOM.

Rase
05-13-2008, 07:27 AM
I've gotten random injury's from gaming throughout the years, but most are like the one I have right now: neck pain from too many hours of gamin (in this case, Rise of Nations).

Also, there was that stupid first Mario Party with it's "spin the Control Stick" minigames that gave me and my sis burns on our palms.