PDA

View Full Version : maybe my best ever?

IronOcean
05-09-2008, 03:31 AM
i feel good about this menu i just did for my restraunt (im the sous chef for those who dont know. i would like some opinions if ya guys dont mind be mean if you have to.
First course:
Crayfish with chilled cucumber and Avocado Soups
2006 Pinot Gris
Second course:
Confit of Wild Salmon with Roasted Beet and Pickled Chard, Creme Fraiche (cheese kinda like sour cream), Red Beet Vinaigrette, Pomme Frites
2006 Pinot Noir
Third Course:
Blueberry Braised Veal Shank with preserved lemon Gremolata, Point Reyes Blue cheese custard
2005 Merlot
Fourth course:
Grilled Loin of Lamb with Lamb Bordellaise, Sh!take Mushroom, Eggplant terrine
2005 Cabernet Sauvignon
Fifth course: Lemon sour cake with lemon curd and honey almond Ice Cream
2005 Ice Wine

lemme know!

Fonzie
05-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Needs moar "Bam!".

IronOcean
05-09-2008, 03:40 AM
shhhhh emeril is watching *shifty eyes*

Momiji
05-09-2008, 04:29 AM
I'm not very familiar with fancy dining, but a lot of that stuff sounds good. It makes me hungry just from reading it.

Miriel
05-09-2008, 05:11 AM
What restaurant do you work for?

Aerith's Knight
05-09-2008, 05:16 AM
serving beef with fish? .. hmm.. the wines i recognize seem good choices though.

and yes, i already knew what creme fraiche was -_-

IronOcean
05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
i wokr at a place called truffles and im sorry but i do not see beef with fish anywhere, the wild salmon is served with beets sorry for the confusion i could have made a typo

Balzac
05-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Or someone can't read :P

Looks good. Though I'm no expert on food. A peanut Butter sammich is michelin cuisine for me ;)

IronOcean
05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
hey i just cook the food at the end of the day peanut butter and jelly is all i want lol 12 hours a day being covered in the stuff i serve people i cant look at it anymore

Captain Maxx Power
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Just to put this into context; You, a professional chef, are essentially asking a forum full of people who, for the most part, probably don't partake in anything more sophisticated food-wise than Wendy's, whether or not a menu created by you, a professional chef, sounds alright. No offense intended or anything, but that's like Giorgio Armani ringing me up to ask me to give his latest collection the once over.

In that respect, I am not qualified to give you a suitable answer. I'm sure that as far as sous chef menu's go, it's alright.

IronOcean
05-09-2008, 04:25 PM
ouch my pride lol, no thats not what i was getting at all i like this forum people give actual answers and dont kiss my butt here like they do at work cause they have to *fist shake* but no thanks for your post maxx i said be mean if ya have to :D

Sergeant Hartman
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I like the sound of the dessert.

~*~Celes~*~
05-09-2008, 05:49 PM
sounds good, I wouldn't mind trying all of it, 'cept I'm poor ;-;

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I am with Max on this one. I am a person who would look at that menu and then start to think "Why the hell am I here?" Nothing on that menus looks good to me but then again, I don't go out to fine dining at all. I like simple things and I don't see simple in that menu XP

~*~Celes~*~
05-09-2008, 06:42 PM
some of those things aren't THAT fancy, if you know French :p

Pomme Frites = French fries :p or, Chips, for you British goers.

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2008, 09:15 PM
If you know french....I don't. French restaurants are too fancy for the likes of me and my American ways xD Also I don't drink wine at all. Wine with every course is fancy to me. Hell...a course is fancy to me XD I usually get 1 plate full of stuff that I have extra of for the next day xD

Proxy
05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
and yes, i already knew what creme fraiche was -_-

no one asked you. :)

Third course sounds amazing. I'd love to try it.

Miriel
05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I agree with Maxx that it is odd you keep making these types of threads on a Final Fantasy message board. If you'd like to get some really honest and good feedback on this sort of thing, head over to Chowhound (http://www.chowhound.com/). They may be a little brutal if you ask for their honest opinion, but everyone there is a foodie and they'll let you know if your menu sounds like something they would want to eat or not.

IronOcean
05-10-2008, 03:33 AM
not ecverything is about final fantasy on here i mean there are threads about phschology music, nasa even im looking for feed back i joined this forum for the kind of people not what i do for a living i like the people on here and enjoy thier feedback, im not mad about what yall say its ok to me, but dont act like this is a FF only place i do like what everyone has said and the food isnt that fancy if you really read the food, its like breaking down a pasta i could say garilc confit, which would be roasted garlic with olive oil, i know not everyone knows the terms i got alot of help on my last menu from here and wanted to share this next one with everyone because i loved it, all you have to do is ask i will tell you what things are but thank you everyone for your kind words i didnt here anything bad except why am i posting this lol, which makes it a win for me thank you