PDA

View Full Version : Carpel tunnel

Freya
05-09-2008, 11:16 PM
AP tests suck. My hands hurt D: ANYWHO, I took the AP European History test today. There was a DBQ (data based question) on the exam about a revolt that I knew nothing about. They gave me evidence to use but oie, I winged that one. Hopefully I get a 3 :laughing:

Point of thread: Are you guys good at improvising?

Jessweeee♪
05-09-2008, 11:17 PM
NO ;_;

Theater Arts was a very traumatic experience for me :kaodizzy:

NeoCracker
05-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Actually yes, I am. :p (Well, usually.)

I imrpovised almost every speech in my speech class, and I did rather good when I had Drama.

Rye
05-09-2008, 11:44 PM
My hand didn't bother me after my AP English Lit test, my eyeballs just felt like lead. I was so tired.

Aurey
05-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I usually write too much in modern history, and not enough in my english class. I also stink at improvising, let alone reading or memorizing something already written.

Proxy
05-09-2008, 11:52 PM
i can be...i guess. i don't usually follow anything, as far as history tests & whatnot go, i pulled something outta my ass.

Zeldy
05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
No, I really can't improvise. I have a habit of not reading the question properly either. In my English Language GCSE mock, there was a question on 'analyse and compare' where I had to compare two media texts, though I just didn't read the question, and didn't even see the second text, and wrote pages on one single text and lost so many marks as I didn't compare or even mention the second text at all. When I had 5 minutes at the end, I finally found the source and I even wondered why I was given it.

I do History, and it is really hard to improvise in this subject :p

Araciel
05-10-2008, 12:29 AM
I suck at improv..people never laugh at the skits I make up.

~*~Celes~*~
05-10-2008, 12:30 AM
I took the English Lit. and Composition AP exam yesterday and OMG I almost died. There was one question where you had to compare and contrast two poems and I was like "....;-;!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know what I'm doing!"

It was sad ;-;

Rye
05-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I took the English Lit. and Composi<b></b>tion AP exam yesterday and OMG I almost died. There was one question where you had to compare and contrast two poems and I was like "....;-;!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know what I'm doing!"

It was sad ;-;

The first essay? Was it about death?

I did epic on that essay. Love poetry essays. :bigsmile:

Jess
05-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Improvisation and talking complete crap got me through my GCSE's two years ago... and I did quite well, too. :jess:

Ouch!
05-10-2008, 01:46 AM
DBQ no longer stands for document based question? What the hell?

I got a three on AP European History. I didn't study. No credit for college. Meh. Rocked both English AP tests. Although my use of fragments might lead one to believe otherwise.

Kes
05-10-2008, 01:52 AM
DBQ no longer stands for document based question? What the hell?

I got a three on AP European History. I didn't study. No credit for college. Meh. Rocked both English AP tests. Although my use of fragments might lead one to believe otherwise.

Seconded. Except I got credit for my three (But I bubbled the Machiavelli question wrong so I deserved that three completely). And I could have done better on the English Lit.

That being said, I don't totally suck at improvising thanks four years worth of Impromptu Speaking on my high school's speech team. I'm not as good as someone with that resumé should be though.

Tavrobel
05-10-2008, 02:12 AM
DBQ (data based question)

Point of thread: Are you guys good at improvising?

Document based question. It doesn't matter what they call it now; every essay is based on data. These are unique.

Nope. My best plans are the ones that are thought far in advance.

Kirobaito
05-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Generally, I'm very good at it. I didn't formally study for any of my AP tests (as in, cram, or anything; I went to class during the year and learned it that way) and did not plan on how to do the DBQ's, and I ended up passing 9 AP tests, so yay. I think the DBQ for Euro that I wrote on was about the EU (this was 2005!). I remember my FRQ was about comparing the Soviet Union with Marxism, which I wrote like 6 pages on and is what probably gave me my 4, as my DBQ was pretty awful.

I had two finals today, both of which had essays involved. I studied for History for about an hour and English, about 15 minutes. I only needed mid-C's on both to get A's, so I wasn't going to sweat it, but I definitely had to improvise, because I had no idea what I was doing.

EDIT: Questions I did:

1. Analyze various views regarding Western European unity from 1946 to 1989.

4. Compare and contrast the actions and motives of Martin Luther in the German states and King Henry VIII in England in bringing about religious change during the reformation.

6. Assess the extent to which the economic and political ideals of Karl Marx were realized in postrevolutionary Russia from 1917 to 1939.

~*~Celes~*~
05-10-2008, 02:37 AM
I took the English Lit. and Composi<b></b>tion AP exam yesterday and OMG I almost died. There was one question where you had to compare and contrast two poems and I was like "....;-;!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know what I'm doing!"

It was sad ;-;

The first essay? Was it about death?

I did epic on that essay. Love poetry essays. :bigsmile:

yeah, the one with one by Keats and the other by Longfellow...er, whatever his name is xD

My best essay was the third one, about the "foil." Huck Finn was my novel of choice :bigsmile:

Rye
05-10-2008, 02:38 AM
I came into the test resolved that I was going to write about Memoirs of a Geisha because I was sick of writing about old classic literature, and that's what I did. xD

Madame Adequate
05-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Well, on my US Politics final neither of the subjects I had revised came up, but immigration did, so I guess you could call that improvisation.

~*~Celes~*~
05-10-2008, 02:50 AM
I came into the test resolved that I was going to write about Memoirs of a Geisha because I was sick of writing about old classic literature, and that's what I did. xD

xD nice.

If Huck Finn hadn't been on there, I dunno what I would have done 'cause that's the only novel on that list that I've read. I probably would have written about Eragon or something xD Now THAT would have been improvisation :heart: Then again, Sapphira does make a good foil....

rubah
05-10-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm tired of it by now. In fact, it kinda gets on my nerves because it's so easy to tell when other people do it.

qwertysaur
05-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Heh heh, AP Euro. My DBQ was on raising children. In the 16th century. I can improvise pretty well. Improv games are fun.:D

duckie
05-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Totally.

On a side note, my friend took the AP Euro Histroy test, and they asked her a question she knew nothing about. She replied with an entire essay on the different flavors of icecream and got a 2. :)

Best book ever.

smittenkitten
05-12-2008, 12:06 AM
At my college you have to talk and write alot of crap to pass. I think it's working so far. :p

Freya
05-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Yeah the FRQ like the first one I did I knew TOO much about so i was just spouting off info and the second one was prolly my best total. Something about french revolution and that's like on of my fav times in history.