PDA

View Full Version : myspace fiend or foa

loinharte
05-10-2008, 01:28 AM
What do you think of myspace

is it a good place to meet people and socialize

or is it a place were people have life changing experiences(bad ones)

i personally think that myspace is good for people who have a bad time socializing in public and better on the internet. They can express how they fill and who they are.:)

Rye
05-10-2008, 01:33 AM
While I prefer Facebook far more to Myspace, I think they're both good for catching up with old friends/friends I don't see often/making plans with people. I like them. Today, I talked to someone I haven't hang out with in over a year, and someone who I haven't seen since I was 10, because he moved to N. Carolina. Craziness!

Facebook in particular is great. I've been making friends with people who are going to be freshman in the college I'm going to next year, super fun. :jess:

Madame Adequate
05-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Every 'old friend' I've found through social networking sites has had time for about two lines for me, and has then stopped responding :jess: So I'm disillusioned about that.

Neither site is for me. But to each their own.

Araciel
05-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Yes, FB is less the devil than Myspace.

That being said, I has both.

Bunny
05-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Facebook has games.

Rye
05-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Yes, FB is less the devil than Myspace.

That being said, I has both.

Yeah. I feel like with Facebook, it's a lot more about socializing and sharing with your friends, and it's easier to find friends from school since a lot of them will be in the same network as your school/town, while Myspace is more about showing off your pictures (PC 4 PC!111) and blasting bad music and backgrounds and crap at people.

Bunny
05-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Don't forget that with MySpace you get free rape.

loinharte
05-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Don't forget that with MySpace you get free rape.

not completly true thats only if ur not careful and just add anyone rape can even happen with facebook(not dissin fb)

Ouch!
05-10-2008, 01:45 AM
I got a Facebook because it's bad when I'm the last one to find out my best friend is having a bonfire party because she sent all the invitations out over Facebook and I didn't have one.

That has since been repaired.

I used MySpace for a week, let it fall into ruin for seven months, then deleted it.

Kes
05-10-2008, 01:59 AM
I made a myspace once because I wanted to see some pictures my friends made. Granted I made it for my WoW character at the time, but I'm pretty sure I still have one.

I don't have an active facebook. I tried it for four days but didn't like having my first and last name along with location and such so readily available on the internet, even with all the security options. I deleted it as soon as one of my 'net friends found me.

It's a bit of a social impediment since all my social information actually has to be gathered from conversation, but so far I've yet to be too bitter.

Jessweeee♪
05-10-2008, 02:05 AM
I like to use it to see what my friends are up too n.n

Your Myspace experience depends on who you put on your friends list, btw.

Crappy Myspace users on your friends list = Crappy times on Myspace.

Vermachtnis
05-10-2008, 02:10 AM
I have both, but I hardly use myspace. I'm use Facebook a lot of time though. I like all the applications.

Roto13
05-10-2008, 02:34 AM
MySpace is the devil.

Jess
05-10-2008, 02:36 AM
I used to use Myspace a fair bit. Now I barely ever use it - Facebook, on the other hand, I use all the time. :jess:

Momiji
05-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Every time I plan on deleting my MySpace profile (I've been wanting to for over a year now), someone I have no contact with otherwise adds me.

Overall, MySpace is stupid, but I keep it around to keep in touch with people I don't normally talk to.

Woodinator
05-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Meh they can work sometimes, I enjoy facebook a lot though.
I liked Myspace for a while, but then I got annoyed with girls flooding the bulletin board desperatly seeking picture comments (as if they were socially rejected if they didn't get any or something)

Facebook doesn't have that kind of stuff, but it is getting on my nerves with all the pointless applications that are coming out for it, but it's manageable because you can turn those notifications off

DMKA
05-10-2008, 06:11 AM
It has it's ups and it's downs. I don't think it's a bad thing but I think people have gone too far with it.

I remember talking to a woman a few months back who poster her mobile number on her myspace then she got like an obscene amount of text messages and she wanted to sue like over a hundred people. And she was like 30. =/

Blue Harvest
05-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I used to be a myspace whore, but then I got facebook. FB is definitely a lot better for finding old schoolfriends than myspace, hence myspace officially sucks.

Old Manus
05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Myspace whatever, but the whole site structure on facebook is godawful. I mean, really, really pants. Other than that it's pretty good.

Deborah
05-10-2008, 12:15 PM
It has it's ups and it's downs. I don't think it's a bad thing but I think people have gone too far with it.

I remember talking to a woman a few months back who poster her mobile number on her myspace then she got like an obscene amount of text messages and she wanted to sue like over a hundred people. And she was like 30. =/

Hmm Yeah I would never post my number on myspace, also can you sue for text messages? :p

Myspace isn't bad....although I have no desire to find people from high school, I talk to the ones I liked still.:D

Balzac
05-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Myspace is pretty good for bands that want to get noticed. It works if they are good, I've worked for a few bands that got signed this way.

Garnie
05-10-2008, 03:20 PM
facebook is a interweb pimp!
(no offence lol)
dont really use myspace but i have it around because i add CML's on there now

Rantz
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I have never visited either.

escobert
05-10-2008, 03:48 PM
facebook makes me sad/ myspace does too but not as sad!

Breine
05-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I used to like it, but now I've moved on to Facebook.

Montoya
05-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Myspace is so retarded and has ruined my life a good many times, but I'm still there...a lot.
Don't have a facebook yet, making one right now. Whore+

Strawberry_Mew
05-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I have both Myspace and Facebook but I like Myspace more cuz I get to talk to all of my old friends that I haven't seen forever XD

duckie
05-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I think that there are lot of people who take myspace way too seriously. Like, if someone moves you from their top 8, then they freak out.

Peegee
05-12-2008, 01:50 AM
"fiend or foa" ? Is there a difference? <3

I prefer FB because more of my actual real life friends are on it, versus Myfacesterplace where it's mostly interweb friends and so I don't mind letting it die.

Big D
05-12-2008, 01:54 AM

I prefer FB because more of my actual real life friends are on it, versus Myfacesterplace where it's mostly interweb friends and so I don't mind letting it die.I've never used MySpace, but I agree with all the rest of this. Including the part about foa <3

Rye
05-12-2008, 02:01 AM
My friend I haven't talked to in about a year keeps telling me over Myspace to call him because of some big crazy thing he has to tell me and he won't tell me on Myspace and I dunno what it could be.

I'm pretty certain he's 100% gay, and not bi, so I don't think it could be some crush confession. I want to know, but I'm shy to call. xD I'll try tomorrow.

Lawr
05-12-2008, 02:15 AM
I was ROFL when I read the title.

Avarice-ness
05-12-2008, 02:19 AM
I only keep people I know IRL now on my myspace.

I'm not one to meet friends from the internet, nor am I one to be crazy about myspace.

Peegee
05-12-2008, 02:28 AM

I prefer FB because more of my actual real life friends are on it, versus Myfacesterplace where it's mostly interweb friends and so I don't mind letting it die.I've never used MySpace, but I agree with all the rest of this. Including the part about foa <3

To this day I don't know who this guy 'Dave' is in myspace. I thought it was you until I saw your picture. Then I was like 'this isn't Big D' and was scared ^_^

The more you know.

Caraliz
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM

To this day I don't know who this guy 'Dave' is in myspace. I thought it was you until I saw your picture. Then I was like 'this isn't Big D' and was scared ^_^

The more you know.
rlol.

Nominus Experse
05-13-2008, 01:57 AM
I loathe both sites

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2008, 04:28 AM
I LOATHE YOUR FACE!

Shlup
05-13-2008, 04:42 AM
I don't think it's a good place to meet people, but a very good place for getting back in touch and/or keeping in touch with people you already know.