PDA

View Full Version : What have people told you to piss you off?

NeoCracker
05-10-2008, 01:55 PM
And not on purpose mind you. I'm talking those comments that most probably think are harmless.

For me, it would be this phrase. And mind you, I have heard this line a freakish amount of times.

"You're just like my Husband/Boyfriend"

I swear that the world is just mocking me at this point. :eep:

~*~Celes~*~
05-10-2008, 02:29 PM
"Seriously, you are sooooo stupid."

I'm not really THAT stupid. I have my moments, granted, but who doesn't? One of my friends insists I'm dumb enough to mail Alan my passport "so I don't forget it," but I have enough common sense to know that that's the dumbest thing anyone could do. It PISSES ME OFF when she kept insisting that I would...Then my other best friend did too...

Ugh.

Then Alan agreed, just to be funny, but when he saw that it was pissing me off/kinda making me want to cry, he stopped and said "Hunny, I know you're not THAT stupid. In fact, you're not stupid at all. You just have moments, just like the rest of us."

It only made me want to cry and it pissed me off 'cause I know not to do that, yet people are insisting that I would. :nonono: I know myself better than you do, so stfu, bitches that call themselves best friends.

Oh, and they were serious. I asked them, and they said "yeah, you really WOULD be that stupid. But we love you anyway." as if that last part is supposed to make me feel any better.

Oh, that's another thing that people say that pisses me off!

"Yeah, you're stupid, but we love you anyway."

Telling me that you love me even though you think I'm stupid (look who's talking, the two girls who are too damn lazy to read the damn textbook to find the answers to the most obvious of questions, or they don't get it because they're too lazy...

AKLDGJALKDGJAKLDSJGLKAJDLGKAJLJGALKDJGLKAJDGLKAJLKGJAKLJG

I suppose it's just my best friends in general that piss me off. But, I love them anyway.

Srsly, I need a shirt that says "I :heart: irony"

EDIT: Thx, NC. This thread has me in a bad mood now :nonono: :irked: Worked up girl is worked up :hot::hot::hot::hot:

IronOcean
05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
"That's not normal." I hate it when people who obviously are not normal tell me that no ones normal makes me want to get all punchy :mad2:

Tallulah
05-10-2008, 06:24 PM
"I don't fancy you." Though I'm more likely to actually use this one ;)

"You'll have to wait another 3 months for a BT contract." - Damn you, Sally (my boss)! Though it wasn't actually phrased like this; I just need more experience, which is fair enough. But I heard people who joined the agency after me have been accepted for the next stage, e.g. monitoring. :mad2:

KentaRawr!
05-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Empty threats. :p

Vermachtnis
05-10-2008, 07:08 PM
"Could you try and take this serious?" or "Get serious!" or just about anything with me calming down and stop making jokes and focusing and being boring. It's even more annoying when they want me in charge too. But then again, it's rarly the people who put me in charge who want me to calm down. It's uselly someone else who kinda got stuck in our group. Still, none the less I'm the leader and if I wanna make stupid joke Imma make stupid jokes. Could I be any more clearer?

rubah
05-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I am the opposite of Brandon there;

'don't take things so seriously'

smittenkitten
05-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Probably contantly hearing "You can't do that" or "You'll never do that". Sometimes it really gets me down when people say I'll never achieve something. Then they would give me a look that makes me feel stupid which tops it all off. :( Then there's the whole "You're just a dumb blonde" joke which isn't funny after hearing it more than a million times in my LIFE!!! :mad2:

Tama2
05-10-2008, 07:33 PM
When people tell me to shut-up. Just that word alone bothers me for some reason.

Other than that. When people say anything remotely bad about my son. I've already made threats on peoples lives and overall health over him, and choked a few guys out over my boy. >:[

Psychotic
05-10-2008, 07:51 PM
When people are all "Hey you're being defensive so it must be true!" Oh really, then allow me to be offensive instead: You're a prick, shut up.

Jessweeee♪
05-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Ugh...this girl I eat lunch with likes to spoil great stories for me. She doesn't quite understand why some people don't like to be spoiled, but she knows it makes me mad.

OMG JESSICA DID YOU SEE THE LAST EPISODE OF BLOOD+?
No, I haven't been watching...I've been meaning to :p
Okay, well there was this one part where Diva--
SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPNOSPOILERS!!!!!
Oh...that's right...well did you know that ______ has ______?
...NO! GAWD THANKS A LOT!
What? I didn't tell you...I was just asking if you already knew....
You're serious, aren't you :eep:

Montoya
05-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Stupid Montoya.

:mad2: That one pissed me off. Specially coming from people that didn't even graduate high school.

scrumpleberry
05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
"Gawd, that's like sooo weird/nerdy. Do you- why do you do that?"

Can be anything from reading a particular novel to attempting to engage in any sort of intellectual discourse, to drawing something a bit out of the ordinary. In fact, experimenting with anything.

Stupid fucks.

Mogi
05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
There was this girl named Felicia that used to follow me around at the beginning of this quarter, who would always talk about how she didn't like herself and stuff, but that's all she would talk about was herself.

Like, Arragoance + Low Self-Esteem.
o.o

Caraliz
05-11-2008, 12:08 AM
"wow, you're tall!"

i know. :( don't rub it in.

Madame Adequate
05-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Honestly, I rarely get offended by random comments. Occasionally some chav will yell at me for having long hair, and that does bug me I admit, but I get over it pretty quickly. Friends tend not to say things that upset me either.

Jessica constantly hurts me though. Truly hurts me. It's like living in a volcano or something, seared by her lava. I burn with pain. ;;

But I liek it because I'm a kinky beyotch.

No seriously, the only things that bug me are ignorance, which basically means the only thing that ever really gets my back up and pisses me off is stuff like sexism, racism, nationalism. Other than that, random comments rarely annoy.

Edit: Liz, hun, tallness is often awesome. I'm sure it's like "OMG you're tall AND HOT!"

Roto13
05-11-2008, 06:38 AM
"No offense, but..." and usually whatever comes after it.

Meow
05-11-2008, 07:22 AM
"why don't you get your degree already"

Elite Lord Sigma
05-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Anything I hear out of people when it's apparent that they're being pseudo-intellectual.

ReloadPsi
05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
"Wow, you should be a psychologist!", usually uttered when I deconstruct a person or their actions. This only really happens because of there being a gap of at least four years between me and most of my classmates (six in some cases) and they're confusing my past experience with some kind of intelligent insight that I don't necessarily have.

"You're smarter than you're letting on" or "Hey, you're smart, come and have a look at this", weird because I hate it because I don't like people expecting more of me (and especially hate demeaning comments about intellect in general as they can cause people to believe you think you're better than them, even though you don't), yet at the same time I occasionally surprise myself and wonder if they were right.

"I like black mages because...", the following words will be very uninformed and in total disregard of the time, MP and Gil saved using a physical attack class, also in disregard of the ability to equip elemental weapons or/and run from Flans.*

"Oh, so you're straight now", said by a very sleazy, very promiscuous (and bisexuals get all the flack and accusations of it... ha!), very wouldn't-leave-me-the-smurf-alone gay man I didn't like at all (not that he seemed to notice or care) after I mentioned the possibility of having my own family some day, basically as some kind of emotional blackmail for blowing him off in favour of remaining single. God I'm glad I don't have to see or hear from him anymore.

*May have been said in a lame attempt at making this post funny.

Rantz
05-11-2008, 10:27 PM
"Hey, you're pretty good at Internet and that stuff, right?"

Roto13
05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Anything I hear out of people when it's apparent that they're being pseudo-intellectual.

God. This.

duckie
05-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I am the opposite of Brandon there;

'don't take things so seriously'

Me, too. It's happened on this forum before actually. I thought he was being serious, but apparently he was just kidding.

BardTard
05-12-2008, 03:37 AM
"I think you do." (usually responding to something I say)

That goes for anything. Whether they say it after I say "I don't know" or "I don't care" "I don't want to" because I'm generally an honest person and I hate it when people think they know me better than I know myself. It's really annoying.

Fonzie
05-12-2008, 03:51 AM
People who can't understand what I'm talking about without saying I'm weird.

Bakamut
05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I hate it when people assume that one day I will get married and have kids just because most other people do it. I don't believe in marriage (do you really need a piece of paper to prove that you love someone? Or to be "tied down" to prevent your partner from cheating?) and there's no way that I'd ever have kids. Kids piss me off.

And I agree with whoever said the "no offense" thing. I hate it when people say that. If anything, it's more offensive.

Honestly, I rarely get offended by random comments. Occasionally some chav will yell at me for having long hair, and that does bug me I admit, but I get over it pretty quickly. Friends tend not to say things that upset me either.
I love it when random people yell at me. Quite often some person will yell at me from a car, make a comment as I walk past, 'cause I don't look as normal as most people. I think it's funny and I smile and blow them a kiss or something.

skyless
05-12-2008, 02:38 PM
"That manga is fugly." Whoever mess with my manga collection is automatically on my kick list.

Vyk
05-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Wow, I'm kind of the opposite of ReloadPsi and Bakamut. As far as psychology, there's usually an age gap, but its also usually pretty irrelevant. Its not so much my experience over the years as it is my understanding, which has always been there. And people that get to know and me fill me in on their problems and get a detailed evaluation out of me are usually pretty astounded and set at peace about everything. Considering I don't offer advice, can't fix anyone's problems, and they usually already know how to fix things themselves. They just need to look at it the right way in order to come to terms and face it. I can usually help people come to terms with things. Its a perspective thing

Comes from being different. Which I started expressing myself physically with a few years back. Piercings and weird hair colors and do's and weird clothes. Which I get random compliments about. Even from conservative old people. Must be something about my mannerisms or demeanor I guess

Thing that bugs me is the double edged sword about my intellect. People recognize it and appreciate it. Or attempt to anyway. Some tend to fail though. And wind up wanting to use me for it. There's this kid that bugs the hell out of me. He obviously looks up to me. But he acts like he has a learning disability. I can't debate anything with him or he gets all pissy. He hates thinking. Yet constantly uses me as a white board for his retarded ideas. And tries to abuse me as tech support. And constantly wants me to do the dirty work for him. I hate these kinds of people

I'm admittedly a rather enlightened individual, and I don't mind sharing my out-of-the-box thinking and helping people. But it has to be appreciated. I don't like people standing on my shoulders. Unwilling to learn or open their minds

And I. Hate. Small-talk. Give me a damn conversation. Something with some thought behind it. Opinions. Information. Anything. Not "look at this" or "how do you do this"...

Also, the whole "nice guy" syndrome is on a whole different level with me. Chicks seem compelled to screw around with my head and fuck me over. And then its just a learning experience for them. I'm just a stepping stone in their maturation. Can't wait to start meeting women who've already went crazy and stepped on someone and learned from it

ljkkjlcm9
05-13-2008, 07:50 AM
"God you're so depressing." Basically because I never get really excited about anything. Friend gets engaged, oh gratz. "Not even a full congratulations." Literally that was said to me lol. Oh you graduated college, ready for the real world? Oh I'm your best man at your wedding? Better hope I don't say/do anything to mess up your marriage.

Next would prolly be, "You're too good a friend." Typically said by girls, because they can really trust me and usually tell me anything, and are afraid that if they step into girlfriend territory it'll become pure lies and deceit. Either that, or they told me things they'd never want a boyfriend to know.

And finally, maybe the worst, is anyone telling me to do something. If I did not sign up for a task with a clear supervisor I'm suppose to listen to... don't tell me what to do. Do not tell me how to spend my money. Do not tell me how to spend my free time. Do NOT tell me what to do. I hate anyone that tries to tell me what to do. And often even if I wanted to/would have done it, I no longer would because they told me too, I am that spiteful. But as I said, a job or something is completely different... though it can get annoying when a boss/superior tells you to do something completely obvious that you were just about to do anyways...

Oh wait, there's also the one where I'm close minded and stubborn. I get in lots of debates. People misunderstand me in debates. I don't care if the opposing side agrees. I care that they understand my viewpoint. You can disagree all you want, just understand it. People miss this entirely. I'm not trying to convince the opposing side, because frankly that's impossible. And it's bad if everyone agrees with everyone else on everything. No, I argue for a third party that comes and reads to get opposing views. Often even if I disagree with a viewpoint, I will argue it just because both sides of an issue need to be said. I can know I'm blatantly wrong, but still get heated and intense about my viewpoint. Why? Because you have to understand. You can think whatever you want about the viewpoint, but just understand it. Nothing frustrates me more. People are different, we all see the same things differently. NOTHING is black and white. Example, most people feel killing another human is horrible etc, yet some people believe so strongly in a religious ideal that killing someone who believes otherwise will actually get them into heaven. Even committing suicide to do it. While other religions believe suicide is an immediate sentence to go to hell.

All right, I ranted enough lol

THE JACKEL

Roto13
05-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Just thought of one.

When people say I'm "married." Not that I'm married, but that I'm "married" in quotation marks, like they only say it to play along or for lack of a better word. I can't think of anything anyone could do to offend me more.

ReloadPsi
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
especially hate demeaning comments about intellect in general as they can cause people to believe you think you're better than them, even though you don't

I feel like elaborating some more to soothe my ANIMOSITY.

Basically when my consistent spelling and grammar, my rather outlandish way of speaking in person and, put simply, my command of English, has caused people to think I'm doing it to talk down on them. This immensely pisses me off. The reason I don't talk down on people is because I'd rather play them up by talking on my level, especially to those younger than me. I talk to my two year-old nephew almost the same way as I do to my friends (minus any bad language). Am I trying to imply that I think I'm better than him?

"You didn't give it a chance", bad words to say to someone who's watched entire movies or played through entire games he hated just so that he could get a more informed opinion. If I only had any chances left to give...

Rye
05-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Just thought of one.

When people say I'm "married." Not that I'm married, but that I'm "married" in quotation marks, like they only say it to play along or for lack of a better word. I can't think of anything anyone could do to offend me more.

That offends me too. That's ridiculous. And I bet they consider young gold diggers with old dying men really married. Ugh.

One of the things that makes me angriest is when people yell at me when I'm upset about my weight/trivialize my concern. I admit right off the bat that it's a major problem with me, and I'm often not sensible about it, but it's a genuine issue, and not me seeking attention, fishing for compliments, etc. When I write about it in LJ, it's because it's something that at the time is completely consuming me. Because it does. I shant begin to describe how compulsively and terribly it does affect me when I go through some bad spells, but it's true since this is getting to tl;dr level.

Yet people will say "Jess, stop it, you're being annoying, people won't like you anymore if you lie about dislike yourself." "For smurfs sake, shut up, you're not fat, okay?" and the best one I've ever gotten "You need to stop this, there are people out there with a REAL issue about this, like anorexics and bulimics, and you're just seeking attention."

It's all highly offensive to me since just because I don't starve myself to the point of being underweight (because I have starved myself various times before, but with little success in it), or throw up everything doesn't mean my issue isn't valid. There are mental issues that involve body image like Body dysmorphic disorder that are just as serious as the other two, but don't necessarily involve those behaviors. It makes me mad, even when a person is just saying it to help. It doesn't help. Please don't assume that this is a normal whiny girl sort of thing, because it's not. Please don't tell me to stop my attention whoring, because, also, it's not. I'm just honest with my issues and concerns.

Cloudane
05-13-2008, 11:43 PM
"You're quiet". Usually by people who've just met me.

YES, I'm quiet. A little shy etc. Stop moaning and deal with it!

ikb4liunoit929
05-14-2008, 02:33 AM
there's this guy i know who always makes fun of me because i do karate? anyway...he also calls me some names that i really DON'T want to repeat. he makes me mad. ive also been called a fizz-b****.
i dont even know what that means!!!

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2008, 02:44 AM
People also bug me because I don't wear make-up. I'm just too lazy to bother with it :S

Jiro
05-14-2008, 04:14 AM
Just one. An English kid moved here, one of many at my school now. Anyway, he decides to tell me that "out of everyone I've met, you're the one that reminds me most of myself." Great, no? Too bad he's a sleazy bastard and is currently hating on me for talking to my girlfriend and her best friend about him xD. Also, apparently I'm two-faced. I never even pretended to like the guy, he's just blind :)

xDeathEaterx
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
When people make me mad in the first place, then tell me to "stop yelling! we have neighbors!" I can't really help but raise my voice, especially if I'm angry, and the people tellilng me to be quiet usually aren't quiet in the first place.

And then they continue saying the same remark that made me mad!

Bakamut
05-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Another thing that pisses me off is when people say that they "suck at life". :rolleyes2

Aerith's Knight
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
"Welcome to EoFF!"

:D