PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 2 Gameplay Trailer

Rase
05-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Enjoy. (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18698)

Citizen Bleys
05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
So it's a FPS, except you're restricted to the roof of a truck?

DK
05-11-2008, 11:15 AM
fucking beautiful. I can't wait for this game, it's going to be awesome

Old Manus
05-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Time Crisis...5

Big D
05-11-2008, 12:39 PM
It seems pretty obvious that the vehicle rooftop fighting shown there won't be the entire game, merely a part of it. They wouldn't step back from a true 3rd-person action game to something that's virtually a rail shooter.

While I'm not interested in the GoW series, that trailer looks impressive. Good range of moves, too - I liked the range of tactical stuff, like firing from cover and using enemies as meat shields. The whole 'gun with a chainsaw' thing still seems absurdly macho, though that's quite possibly the point.

DK
05-11-2008, 02:24 PM
The chainsaw is the greatest thing in the series. I don't care if it's supposed to be macho or whatever, all I care about is obliterating me some locust scum and spraying blood all over my screen

Dreddz
05-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Looks epic. Ill sit this one out though. The first game never did it for me.

Psychotic
05-11-2008, 08:16 PM
The whole 'gun with a chainsaw' thing still seems absurdly macho, though that's quite possibly the point.It was pretty much there to increase the tactical options availiable to you, because you could only carry two guns (and a pistol). As a machine gun, I probably preferred the Locust one because it fired in bursts, which was much better for accuracy, and up close I probably preferred the shotty, but then you don't have any room for something powerful like the longshot or a torque bow, so the Lancer was a good all rounder because you could put up a decent fight at mid-range, and also at close-range with the chainsaw if the need for that arises. ...that and it's damn cool. I remember in an online game EoFF's very own Fonz ran away from myself and a team mate, and I knew where he was going to pop out, and he ran right into my chainsaw. Beautiful. :D

As for this, well, the original Gears had beautiful graphics and intense gameplay. From that video, it looks like the graphics are better and the gameplay is even more intense. I can't wait.

Yew-Yevon
05-17-2008, 10:48 PM
A nice touch up for the Unreal eninge 3. Though this looks a bit more apealing to me personaly. N4G.com : Killzone 2 Direct-Feed Gameplay (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-146603.aspx)