PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Help - Flash Buttons

Necron
05-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi, i'm an A level student doing a course in ICT.

We've been asked to make an e-book using Dreamweaver, including links and buttons etc... Now, apparently we can score more marks by creating our own Flash Buttons.

Anyway, i've made a button using Flash, and after putting it into Dreamweaver, i can't seem to link it. There's just no link option anywhere. I've searched on countless sites using Google, and still no luck. Can anyone help?

To note - using the pre-made flash buttons that are in Dreamweaver are fine, you just double click the button and then change the link, however i just don't know how to do it with custom buttons.

Any help is much appreciated.

crono_logical
05-11-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd probably go into edit source and wrap the button (I presume an img tag) with anchor tags (a) then see what dreamweaver thinks about it :D

rubah
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
you'd have to embed it like any other flash object.

This came up when I searched 'embed flash object dreamweaver'
Inserting Flash Movies in DreamWeaver - Web Developer's Journal (http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/articles/flash_movies_in_dreamweaver.html)

Necron
05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
you'd have to embed it like any other flash object.

This came up when I searched 'embed flash object dreamweaver'
Inserting Flash Movies in DreamWeaver - Web Developer's Journal

I looked at that site, and read about the code. Dreamweaver automatically embeds the flash object, so i don't think that's the problem. The button functions fine, e.g, when i highlight it, it changes, and when i click on it, it changes again. However, i just simply cannot find the 'link' option anywhere. All the other buttons that Dreamweaver create have a simple 'link' button in the properties bar.

rubah
05-11-2008, 09:06 PM
you have to code it into the flash. 'on mouse down, page load whatever' or whatever flash does.