PDA

View Full Version : IT'S MOMMY'S DAY!

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2008, 08:09 PM
What are you doing for you mommies/mommie's and daddie's mommies?

I am baking a cake.

It doesn't look very good...

Tavrobel
05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I made my sister buy flowers while I slept. I should probably give a call to my grandparents, but, that'll solved in due time.

Jess
05-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Wasn't it Mothers' Day in March? :confused:

Tavrobel
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Not the one in the States, it isn't.

Goldenboko
05-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Brother's picking up cards. Mom doesn't have to do anything today. A normal mother's day xD

Aerith's Knight
05-11-2008, 08:29 PM
My brother in the netherlands is going to pick up some flowers and ferrero rocher for my mum.

Quindiana Jones
05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Wasn't it Mothers' Day in March? :confused:

The States do it wrong. However, if you were a caring daughter, you'd buy your mummy some prezzies and treat her nice anyway. ;)

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Who's bright idea was it to have Mother's Day in a hectic month like May ;_;

Araciel
05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Who's bright idea was it to have Mother's Day in a hectic month like May ;_;

I think you mean whose. Also, how is May hectic?

I'm loving her, as always.

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Yes, I do mean Whose ;_;

May is hectic if you are a student what with all the end of the year crap and all of your teachers thinking it would be a neat idea to do huge projects for the last month.

Arc_Master_14
05-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes, I do mean Whose ;_;

May is hectic if you are a student what with all the end of the year crap and all of your teachers thinking it would be a neat idea to do huge projects for the last month.
At least its not during finals week that'd be hell more than projects month

skyless
05-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I bought her a spoon. XD

Captain Maxx Power
05-12-2008, 12:22 AM
O for smurfs sake, stupid bloody Hallmark holidays. Do I really have to set aside a day of the year to pay particular attention to my mother? Doesn't the fact that I contact her on a regular basis mean anything? I can barely remember what day it is, let alone remember individual dates for made-up celebrations.

escobert
05-12-2008, 12:24 AM
My mom is away for the week so I called her :p

Bunny
05-12-2008, 12:44 AM
O for smurfs sake, stupid bloody Hallmark holidays. Do I really have to set aside a day of the year to pay particular attention to my mother? Doesn't the fact that I contact her on a regular basis mean anything? I can barely remember what day it is, let alone remember individual dates for made-up celebrations.

Yes. No.

My mother is dead so I do not normally celebrate this day. However, today I attended the church where my girlfriend's mother was giving a sermon. I will also give her a hug since I abhor physical contact and I have no money to spend so I guess that might mean something or something.

I will also call my grandmother who raised me and my best friend's mother who helped.

Araciel
05-12-2008, 12:47 AM
School is for people with a future.

KentaRawr!
05-12-2008, 12:50 AM
My Mom had to work all day today. Isn't that a pile of bull?

Ah, well. We had a happy dinner with some Chinese food.

Roto13
05-12-2008, 01:06 AM
We (me + husband) took my mom out to lunch. I thought the food sucked but apparently she liked it so that's the important thing. :P

We also sent some flowers and things to my husbands mother/grandmother/aunt (raising him was a community effort, apparently xD) in Brazil. He also called each of them.

O for smurfs sake, stupid bloody Hallmark holidays. Do I really have to set aside a day of the year to pay particular attention to my mother?

Do you send your mother flowers and cards and stuff on normal days? When was the last time you did something for your mother just to show that you appreciate how good of a mother she's been?

Doesn't the fact that I contact her on a regular basis mean anything?

It means you're probably not a horrible son. Care to aim a little higher than not-horrible?

Avarice-ness
05-12-2008, 01:30 AM
I just called my family since I live away from them.

Other than that, I treated myself, as a mommy-to-be, with a mass amount of oreo cookies! :D

Madame Adequate
05-12-2008, 01:39 AM
I conveyed a hug from my girlfriend to my mother, as well as well-wishes. I did nothing myself, primarily on the basis that... it isn't mother's day here :monster:

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-12-2008, 01:41 AM
I got her a card. Well my step dad did for me and my sibings to sign.
Plus I made her muffins for breakfast!

Peegee
05-12-2008, 01:47 AM
/dons flame suit

I don't celebrate either mothers or father's day.

Leeza
05-12-2008, 02:18 AM
*throws fireballs at PG*

My mom is dead, but I still usually buy her flowers on Mother's Day. This year I didn't get around to it, but I'll buy her some tomorrow. I drove 2 hours to my ex-mother-in-laws yesterday and brought her flowers. For myself, I'm spending the day getting killed by Death Riders playing FF2 today. :cat:

Peegee
05-12-2008, 02:30 AM
*throws fireballs at PG*

My mom is dead, but I still usually buy her flowers on Mother's Day. This year I didn't get around to it, but I'll buy her some tomorrow. I drove 2 hours to my ex-mother-in-laws yesterday and brought her flowers. For myself, I'm spending the day getting killed by Death Riders playing FF2 today. :cat:

I don't even have a valid reason. I love my family very much but I find the idea of expressing it explicitly is awkward.

qwertysaur
05-12-2008, 03:03 AM
I schemed with my sister and father to get mom roses, earrings, dinner, and a bar of Lindt chocolate with chili peppers in it. And lots of hugs.:p

Miriel
05-12-2008, 03:15 AM
I bought my Mommy some gorgeous yellow tulips. Also hugs and love. Typically I would do a bit more, but I'm so swamped with finals, that I didn't get around to planning something better. I'll take her to a spa or a shopping trip once school is over. :p

Oh and me and my cousins made lunch for all the Mom-ladies at our church. Spaghetti and garlic cheese toast and Cesar salad. I don't think I've ever made so much spaghetti in my life. We used like 8 boxes of Barilla and 15 cans of tomato sauce.

Jessweeee♪
05-12-2008, 03:22 AM
The cake was a success!

Yay n.n

Citizen Bleys
05-12-2008, 03:45 AM
It means you're probably not a horrible son. Care to aim a little higher than not-horrible?

Cool. I'm a horrible son. I guess there's no reason to stay away from hookers and blow anymore.

I sent my mother a brief email today. The last time I saw her, she drank me under the table, though. That's what I get for having a Newfoundlander for a mother ; ;

Shlup
05-12-2008, 04:06 AM
My grandma dragged me and my mom to church with her, then she made us a [gross] lunch, then I napped on her couch for two hours. It was nice.

Ouch!
05-12-2008, 04:26 AM
We went and saw Iron Man and then went to Morton's Steak House for dinner. The latter was more of a belated birthday and welcome back from college to me combined with Mother's Day, though.

Old Manus
05-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Pregnant

Captain Maxx Power
05-12-2008, 09:42 AM
In my defense I didn't even know it was mother's day until I noticed this topic. So thanks Jesswee, thanks for making me feel like a jerk for being pre-occupied with things like exams. I had a valid reason for forgetting until I read this topic, on the pissing day I was meant to have sent something by! *face plants*

Blue Harvest
05-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Ssh! If my mother finds out it's mother's day again she'll want more stuff!

Mother's day in may is just wrong. March is the real mother's day!

Breine
05-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Not the one in the States, it isn't.

Not in Denmark either.

Got my mom a kind of purse for her make-up. Fortunately for me she liked it :)