PDA

View Full Version : Best Uematsu Score

arcanedude34
05-11-2008, 11:06 PM
What's your favorite Uematsu score (in a Final Fantasy game). Although obscure, I've always liked 'The Magic House' from FFVI.

Namelessfengir
05-11-2008, 11:34 PM
eyes on me (ff8)
waltz for the moon (ff8)

mose-schrute
05-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Crystal World (FFIX) and Listen to the Cries of the Planet (FFVII). Now, I've looked everywhere and I've never figured out if that's what the song is called or not so just tell me if I got it wrong. Last.fm says it's right but I don't always trust them. =[

Avarice-ness
05-12-2008, 01:33 AM
The ENTIRE opera scene.

From the Opening, to the Aria, to Ultro's fight song, all that fun stuff.

Alot of FFVI songs I could say are his best, but really when listening to that in order, it just blows the others away.

Fynn
05-12-2008, 06:59 AM
At Zanarkand (X)
Aerith's Theme (VII)
Grand Finale (VI - battle with Ultros after the opera. I loved the whole opera, but this is my favorite part)
The Extreme (VIII)

NeoCracker
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
How can I choose between the three best FF songs though?

Dancing Mad (FF VI)
Rose of May (FF IX)
Melodies of Life (FF IX)

Depends on my mood which one is better.

Slothy
05-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Tina and the variations of. I guess it's a good thing it's my favourite since it's the freaking world map music in VI.

Vivisteiner
05-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Answering this question is impossible. It contradicts the most fundamental laws of Physics.

Even if one could, it would be immoral. To select one song from such brilliance is not just sinful, its downright blasphemous.

arcanedude34
05-12-2008, 11:38 PM
It's not so much of "Which one is better than the others" as a "which one would you listen to first if you were going to listen to every Uematsu score ever composed?" type question.

Caveroamer
05-13-2008, 02:16 AM
You're Not Alone (FFIX)
Boss Theme from 7 and 9
Aerith's/Aeris' Theme
Dark Messenger (FF IX)

Aerith's Knight
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Aerith's Theme (FFVII)
Tifa's Theme (FFVII)
Eyes on me (FFVIII)
The Oath (FFVIII)
Melodies of life (FFIX)
Village of Dali (FFIX)
Roses of may / Loss of me / Beatrix's Theme (FFIX)

pretty much listed all the songs i took the time to download sheets of and learned to play.

Fris
05-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey guys. Newbie here.

I thought you might like to see a video I made in December. I was in a biker bar in Lynn, Mass, and I played a guitar duet of Uetmatsu music from FF 9 that I remixed. The songs are Village of Dali and You're Not Alone, two of my favorites. Believe it or not, the leather crowd loved it.

YouTube - Final Fantasy 9 Music at some bar in Lynn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuuXvUf6k5Y)
</EMBED></OBJECT>

Big D
05-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Hey guys. Newbie here.

I thought you might like to see a video I made in December. I was in a biker bar in Lynn, Mass, and I played a guitar duet of Uetmatsu music from FF 9 that I remixed. The songs are Village of Dali and You're Not Alone, two of my favorites. Believe it or not, the leather crowd loved it.

YouTube - Final Fantasy 9 Music at some bar in Lynn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuuXvUf6k5Y)
</EMBED></OBJECT>Awesome:D Neat arrangement of You're Not Alone! there.
A few weeks ago I was at a sci-fi/fantasy convention, and there was some live pro-wrestling... one of the wrestlers, a Russian bloke, used Kuja's Melody of Corruption as this entry theme. It's a very cool tune, but most wrestlers tend to be a little macho and would probably think twice if they knew what Kuja looked like.

Yar
05-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Clash on the Big Bridge.

Although a healthy argument can be made from the Decisive Battles from IV and VI, as well as Theme of Love (IV).

Depression Moon
05-21-2008, 12:01 AM
You're Not Alone and To Zanarkand are the best things ever oh and how could I forget Melodies of Life?

Bashini
05-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Ending Theme (FF X)
Zanarkand (FF X)
Aerith's Theme (FF VII)
Suteki Da Ne (FF X)
Eyes on Me (FF VIII)
You're Not Alone (FF IX)

I'm a sucker for sappy melodies.

FF_Chick
05-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Every.
Single.
Song.
In.
Final.
Fantasy.
VI.

Even the ??? was awesome. But from other games,

FF1: World map theme
FF2: Rebel theme, Main theme
FF3: Lots of this music, mainly Battle themes
FF4: Red Wings, Battle theme, Boss theme, Four Fiends, Prologue, Rydia and Rosa's themes, Porom and Palom's theme
FF5: Battle theme, Boss theme, Clash on the big bridge, Exdeath's theme, Neo Exdeath's theme, lots from this game too.
FF6 in specific: Terra, Battle theme, Boss theme, Dancing Mad, Celes's theme, Forever Rachel, Kefka but the others are awesome too.
FF7: Tifa's theme, Main theme of FFVII, Aerith's theme, Ending theme, I HATE ONE WINGED ANGEL. HATE HATE HATE IT.
FF8: Airship theme and Eyes on Me
FF9: Mmm... I love this game's music too. Zidane's theme, Melodies of life and EVERY variation of it. The battle themes, and especially Dark Messanger

PeneloRatsbane
05-31-2008, 12:20 AM
theres a bit in the Maria and Draco opera (the one performed in LA), right at the end before Maria's last lines ("I am thankful my beloved") which sounds like the begining to "Kiss me Goodbye",
anyone else think that

Shadowdeathrose
08-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Boss theme (IX)
To Zanarkand (X)
Battle theme (VI)
Battle Theme (IX)

Fallenvampiricangel
08-18-2008, 09:43 PM
ah guys... go search Final Fantasy Reborn, and get "The melodies of Nobuo Uematsu" Classic, melding them all together into one great song.

Brennan
08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
favorite FF song is probably Fight/Clash on the Big Bridge

Fav Lost Odyssey song's probably the world theme, or the song when you fight the 2nd boss

McLovin'
08-19-2008, 06:39 AM
You're not alone - FF9

Brilliant.

Comet
08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
The Landing (FFVIII)
The Stage Is Set (FFVIII)
Main Theme From FFVII
The Extreme (FFVIII)
Boss Theme (FFI) :D
Boss Theme(FFIX)

unfinished fantasy
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Kefka's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuMr64QIxU)

Crizpy
08-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Pandemonium is the best.

Fun fact, did you know that waltz for the moon was played at a royal norwegian wedding?

s[H]sIkuA
08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
You're not Alone
Feel My Blade

I feel a great sense of epicness when I listen to either one of this song

White Queen
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Has no one mentioned Aria di Mezzo?!! :eek:
omg...

After that it would probably be:

FFX ending theme (makes me weep every time)
Seto's theme (FF7)
Terra's theme on Piano
To Zanarkand
Lenna's theme
The Successor (FFVIII)

and so many more...I also love the 'funny' or weird melodies, like the Phantom Train of FFVI or the Honey Bee Inn of FFVII (oh and the theatre music, hehe).

Cyric
08-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Hands-down #1 for me is the legendary 'Prelude' especially the FFXII version. I dunno if he even DID that one, but it's still my fave. :D

MindReader13
09-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah so, I'm new but I definitely have favorites:

Immoral Melody (IX)
Dancing Mad (VI)
Four Fiends Boss Music (IV)
You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet (VII)
In Zanarkand (X)
The Great North Cave (VII)
Aria de Mezzo (VI)

Spatvark
09-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Can there be any doubt? Clash on the Big Bridge, by a long mile. Gilgamesh is <3ly~

SilverWind
09-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Hey guys. Newbie here.

</EMBED></OBJECT>

Very, very nice arrangement.

I like pretty much the whole soundtracks from the games. I don't know if there are any songs I don't like. My favorites are from the latter games, VII, VIII, and IX. But I still like most of them anyway.