PDA

View Full Version : God -vs- Jesus

Klyklops
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Okay guys seriously this is not spam, I am not a troll. I just know that as fellow final fantastists that you will get me. So guys who would win in a fight God or Jesus?

Polaris
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Jesus, because I am atheist so Jesus existed for me but God never did! Therefore Jesus winzzz :bigsmile:

Bahamut2000X
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Well if you believe in one of the many crazy religious ideas, then them fighting would be masochistic since their one in the same, just one in a divine form and the other human. So it would be an awkward battle of him slapping himself and turning his own blood into wine.

Rantz
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
oddler.

Aerith's Knight
05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Jesus is god, you moron.

God = trinity = Father, son and holy ghost.

Polaris
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Jesus is god, you moron.

O_o ok how the Hell u know that?:exdee:

Aerith's Knight
05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Jesus is god, you moron.

O_o ok how the Hell u know that?:exdee:

I dont know, being christian perhaps?

If you're gonna talk about a religion like this, you should at least know what you are talking about.

KentaRawr!
05-13-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not Christian and even I know that.

However, Jesus and God exist at the same time in Christianity. However, God, unlike Jesus, is everywhere. He has to manifest himself in Human-like form for Humans to comprehend him, or it. It or he is at a level of existence beyond us.

Aerith's Knight
05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm not Christian and even I know that.

However, Jesus and God exist at the same time in Christianity. However, God, unlike Jesus, is everywhere. He has to manifest himself in Human-like form for Humans to comprehend him, or it. It or he is at a level of existence beyond us.

The only difference between God and Jesus(since his return to heaven) is that God(the father) knows when Jesus will return to earth, and Jesus does not.

KentaRawr!
05-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I was taught differently, though since I'm not a Christian, I think you've the upper-hand here. :monster:

smittenkitten
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Blergazoid, I don't know! :mog:

Klyklops
05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Jesus is god, you moron.

Sorry they're both fictional characters so I think thay can have an imaginary death match.

Old Manus
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-iceburn.gif

KentaRawr!
05-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Jesus is god, you moron.

Sorry they're both fictional characters so I think they can have an imaginary death match.

Please don't start a :skull::skull::skull::skull: storm. :mad2:

Randgris
05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Oh no not another weird versus thread...

Muhyo
05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
God I'd say. Jesus is gods 'son' after all.
Also they say "God Almighty" not "Jesus Almighty"!

Aerith's Knight
05-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Jesus is god, you moron.

Sorry I think/believe that they're both fictional characters so I think thay can have an imaginary death match.

That's how you are supposed to say it. :mad:

You are really starting to piss me off, you know that?

You do realize how incredible arrogant it sounded right?

Klyklops
05-13-2008, 05:05 PM
You are really starting to piss me off, you know that?

You're a Christian so forgive me.

Old testament God is pretty badass but he seemed to go soft around 2000 years ago. If it was old testament God fighting Jesus it wouldn't even be worth debating. However Jesus is younger, he's got experience taking a beating + he has 12 friends to back him up, one of them used to be a soldier too. God's getting old, he hasn't demanded anyone kill their son or flooded the earth in years. I wonder if he's just riding by on past success.

Anyway I think charizard would kick both their asses.

Miriel
05-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Aerith's Knight, you do NOT call other members of this site "moron" or "ass" just because you may disagree with their posts. Seriously unacceptable so stop it before you get hit with the ban hammer.

Aerith's Knight
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Oh and this entire thread isnt an incredible insult by itself? Not the mention the fact that he assumes he knows whether or not there is a god?

ugh nevermind.

Polaris
05-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh and this entire thread isnt an incredible insult by itself? Not the mention the fact that he assumes he knows whether or not there is a god?

ugh nevermind.

Awwwwww don't we look cute when mad :bigsmile:
Anyway I think we should stick to who would win or not:rolleyes2 and maybe leave what we think of God or not to EOEO!:)

Old Manus
05-13-2008, 05:45 PM

ugh nevermind.Behead those who insult Christianity

Slothy
05-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok, are we talking regular Jesus or zombie Jesus? I think zombie Jesus might stand a chance.

Peegee
05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Or Raptor Jesus? Raptor Jesus > *.zip

...wait, I think I did something wrong there.

Vivisteiner
05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Steiner is God.

Steiner always wins.

Ergo, God wins.

Woodinator
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
err.. I was under the impression that not all christians were trinitarians...but w/e

anyway...

well if you take it in the context of text, omnipotence kinda has to win doesn't it :P

I have to agree with Klyklops about Charizard though

scrumpleberry
05-13-2008, 06:37 PM

lolololololol potkettleblackmuch?

I know, I shouldn't. Sue me.

God pls. God does things like vengance and plague and stuff, and Jesus dies for sins. And Jews are awesome.

Breine
05-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Jesus had cool long hair and actually looked like a hippie.. Hippies ftw.

Peegee
05-13-2008, 06:48 PM

/attacks

Psychotic
05-13-2008, 07:37 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-iceburn.gifWell well well, look what we have here.

I dunno who would win, I just hope that one of them rips the other's shirt off so I can see some titties.

Breine
05-13-2008, 07:38 PM

/attacks

Hey, heey, heeeey!... make love, not war :P

qwertysaur
05-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I never understood the trinity thing. It makes no sense to me.

As a Jew, I believe that Jesus was only a good person who wanted to reform the Jewish Clergy when it was corrupt 2000 years ago. God is omnipotent as well as omnipresent. Carpenter against the king of kings, I think god wins.

Yes Berry, we are awesome. :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I never understood the trinity thing. It makes no sense to me.

Many other religions often criticize Christianity for being tritheistic, though it shows a misunderstanding of the Trinity. Basically, there is the Godhead that is divided into three "persons" as it were: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In orthodox Christianity and most Christian sects, all three persons are considered to be of the same substance, namely God. That means Jesus is considered both human and divine (both characteristics are important when discussing Jesus as a means of salvation). Though various "heresies" argue that Jesus was solely human, or solely divine, or that the Son was created after the other two persons, or of a different substance than the Father or Holy Spirit.

Fonzie
05-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Lol at the pot calling the kettle black.

Nominus Experse
05-14-2008, 01:27 AM
People are oh so much fun to watch when agitated.

God is full of vengeance and jealousy, so I will place my bet with him.

DMKA
05-14-2008, 02:10 AM

Oh and this entire thread isnt an incredible insult by itself?

HAHAHA OH WOW!

Jesus would clearly lose. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/1210653871742.jpg)

Yar
05-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Jesus is god, you moron.

Jesus isn't God. He's god's son.

No where in the Bible is there a mention of the "Trinity."

Big D
05-14-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm a godless atheist, so what I say here has no relation to my actual spiritual beliefs:

Let's assume God and Christ are one and the same, as part of the Holy Trinity. It mightn't be expressly stated as such in the Bible, but it's been accepted as true by Christianity for long enough. But while Christ and God might be the same person, Christ was still created by God, and created in order to die. Therefore, God was able to 'defeat' Christ from the very moment of Christ's creation. It was God's plan for Christ to die for humanity's sins; God's will prevailed over anything Christ might've wanted to decide for himself. That'd mean that, technically, God > Christ, regardless of whether Christ was a monophysite being or a blend of Man and Divine.

05-14-2008, 02:32 AM

A religion is not only define by its scriptures. There are plethora of theological works that help define the basis of religious thought. For example, Christianity would not be what it is today without the works of Origen, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, etc...To say that the Bible is the sole source of religious authority would fall into fundamentalism, which only represents a minority.

EDIT:

Let's assume God and Christ are one and the same, as part of the Holy Trinity. It mightn't be expressly stated as such in the Bible, but it's been accepted as true by Christianity for long enough. But while Christ and God might be the same person, Christ was still created by God, and created in order to die. Therefore, God was able to 'defeat' Christ from the very moment of Christ's creation. It was God's plan for Christ to die for humanity's sins; God's will prevailed over anything Christ might've wanted to decide for himself. That'd mean that, technically, God > Christ, regardless of whether Christ was a monophysite being or a blend of Man and Divine.

What you said is not the orthodox position. The Son had always existed at the same time as the Father and the Holy Ghost. There are heresies in which it is believed that the Son came after the Father and the Holy Ghost but long before Creation. But if we are speaking from a strictly orthodox position, then I cannot see how it is possible to say God defeated Jesus since, in essence they are the same. Then again, I am unfamiliar with the depths of Christian theology and working from memory of stuff I was taught when studying the early Church.

Yar
05-14-2008, 02:44 AM

A religion is not only define by its scriptures. There are plethora of theological works that help define the basis of religious thought. For example, Christianity would not be what it is today without the works of Origen, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, etc...To say that the Bible is the sole source of religious authority would fall into fundamentalism, which only represents a minority.

Well then why isn't it called Origenianity, Augustinism, or Aquinasism?

Big D
05-14-2008, 02:52 AM

Well then why isn't it called Origenianity, Augustinism, or Aquinasism?'Cause it's not about those people. It's about Christ. You don't re-name an entire subject every time someone adds something new to it, or analyses it in greater detail.

Yar
05-14-2008, 02:57 AM

'Cause it's not about those people. It's about Christ. You don't re-name an entire subject every time someone adds something new to it, or analyses it in greater detail.

That's not what I was disputing. I was arguing that the Bible should be the sole source of a [pure] Chrisitian's religious views. When people add their beliefs and then that becomes a religious authority, then the religion is changed.

05-14-2008, 02:58 AM

Well then why isn't it called Origenianity, Augustinism, or Aquinasism?
Because they are not founding a separate tradition, just elaborating on it? Also the fact that they viewed themselves as Christians?

oddler
05-14-2008, 06:20 AM
oddler.

There you go with your third humorous option. Always with the third humorous option. But yeah, I agree. *smite*

Dolentrean
05-14-2008, 08:33 AM
As Klyklops made this thread about deities fighting, and Kylyklops is now banned... does that mean he was smote?

Breine
05-14-2008, 09:08 AM
As Klyklops made this thread about deities fighting, and Kylyklops is now banned... does that mean he was smote?

Haha xD

Rantz
05-14-2008, 09:08 AM

oddler did it because he wasn't satisfied with the way he wasn't included in the original question.

Muhyo
05-14-2008, 04:45 PM
And so the thread spirals off topic.
Seriously though, what were we trying to achieve in this topic and how many people were actually serious?

I don't really care about who got banned or whatever. We are talking GODzilla vs Christ here! (no offense intended)

Wouldn't this topic go really in-depth though (if we are being serious)? People's opinions could be changed by their religious beliefs after all. Which would probably end up in a religious debate. Also, wouldn't we have to look up who Jesus and God really are for a lead to the answer?

Nominus Experse
05-14-2008, 07:13 PM
And so the thread spirals off topic.
Seriously though, what were we trying to achieve in this topic and how many people were actually serious?

I don't really care about who got banned or whatever. We are talking GODzilla vs Christ here! (no offense intended)

Wouldn't this topic go really in-depth though (if we are being serious)? People's opinions could be changed by their religious beliefs after all. Which would probably end up in a religious debate. Also, wouldn't we have to look up who Jesus and God really are for a lead to the answer?
Total Cereal in my General Chat?

I choose you, Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Old Manus
05-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Dude, we're talking about Jesus and God brawling with each other. It couldn't be any less serious.

KentaRawr!
05-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Family feud much?

Muhyo
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Why can I imagine the both of them in a retro street-fighter game?

And yes, it is possibly the family feud of the century (eat your heart out Bert Newton).

The two posts above mine= :up:

Reasoniamalive
05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
'I and the Father are one' - Jesus.

They are one and the same. Jesus was one 'the Angel of the Lord' before he had flesh. He appeared several times (including to Moses, Abram, Israel, etc.)

For Klyklops: You may not believe in God; but I have a difficult time seeing how you could not believe that Jesus existed. Read a history book...then maybe the bible. D:

Any questions about this - PM me. <3

Vivisteiner
05-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Why wont you listen to me?

Steiner is God, you war mongering infidels!

Im going to have to indoctrinate you now. I didnt want to, but you made me do it:

Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God Steiner is God

And in a more subtle attempt....

.doG si renietS

Gleam from it what you will. Its just a cool sounding catch-phrase.

duckie
05-16-2008, 01:18 PM
This is a wierd thread.

The answer is neither. It's irrelevant because they would never fight each other because they are the same person. Jesus is God in a human body.

Vivisteiner
05-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Why are people assuming that the God mentioned is the Christian God?

Its blatantly Steiner. You people have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Sephiroththegreat
05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
:choc2:Dancing chocobo owns all!!!!!!:choc2:

Momiji
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM

So what, can this thread turn into a deity brawl or something?

ALLAH vs. SHIVA

FIGHT~

(Also, to answer the thread's question, such a situation is impossible since both entities are the same in the Christian sense. But if we're talking hypothetically here, God would win.)

Also:
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/god-jesus.jpg

05-16-2008, 07:15 PM

Typically, "God" (with capital G) refers to the Judeo-Christian idea of divinity. Though sometimes when translating the term Brahman into English, it is translated as "God" as well. :/

Vivisteiner
05-16-2008, 08:18 PM
^Aah, but thats being typical.

And only infidels are typical. The masses have always been mislead throughout time. Pah, the Judeo-Christian God is no more worthy a God than any other and thus he has no right to bear the assumption of power placed on the pedestal of the masses. They elevate him beyond his worth. Be that as it may it is not an issue of much worriment. For the ignorance of the masses means that their very support undermines the Judeo-Christian God's sole cause for power, destroying his future as the ruins of his once great house crumble into dust.

Now, having made my point with an infinite elegance and grace I shall retire, lest I be over wrought with drowsiness. Nevertheless there remains but one important message to convey.

Vote Steiner for President!

05-16-2008, 09:09 PM
^Aah, but thats being typical.

How about, the implicit understanding of the majority of Western society, whose history is quite intertwined with Christianity?

Vivisteiner
05-16-2008, 10:12 PM
^I do not think that the meaning of the term God should reach the stage in Western societies where it is meant to assume the Judeo-Christian one only and not any of the others. Thats not just close-minded, its arrogant. People should talk about God as an encompassing hypthothesis that encompasses the Judeo-Christian God as well as many other Gods.

05-16-2008, 11:53 PM
^I do not think that the meaning of the term God should reach the stage in Western societies where it is meant to assume the Judeo-Christian one only and not any of the others. Thats not just close-minded, its arrogant. People should talk about God as an encompassing hypthothesis that encompasses the Judeo-Christian God as well as many other Gods.

Yes and no. I say yes, for I see your point, yet I mostly lean towards no. It has been the convention when translating the Bible into English that God is written with a capital "G". There is no denying the influence that Christianity has had on Western society (and vice-versa); it is an irrevocable part of Western history. It is not a rule that "God" can only mean the Judeo-Christian, rather it is what is normally being referred to. As I said before, in translations of Sanskrit texts, the word Brahman is often translated as "God". Plus if you look at other religious traditions and their focus of worship, the nomenclature is completely different. Often with Islam, we use Allah, though God is equally acceptable. In Taoism, the focus is moved to the Dao. Shinto, various kami's who have their own name are used. Hinduism, with the exception of Brahman and its translation, usually the name of the deities are used. Buddhism, while not focused on worshipping gods (devas), when referring to specific buddhas, Buddha is often capitalized. Other traditions have "actual names", as it were, for the focus of their worship, thus following English grammar, is spelt with a capital letter like a proper name should be. In Christianity, "God" just so happens to be the name we use for the Judeo-Christian idea of divine, thus we follow the grammatical protocols and capitalize it. So it is neither arrogance or narrow-mindedness, rather following convention and the grammatical structure of the language. God is a proper name; god is a noun referring to the concept of divinity (usually in a masculine or gender neutral sense).

Caraliz
05-17-2008, 01:41 AM
God would smite Jesus with level over nine thousand smite.

Reasoniamalive
05-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Look at it this way....

This thread is entirely opinion. No proof. I seriously doubt that anyone here is going to change their opinion based off of something another member posts...especially when calling them infidels. :p

It takes faith. One person can look at the universe and call it creation - someone else can see the same things and say 'How lucky am I to think, breathe and feel...I'm little more than stardust. 3=

If you've never read the bible/Koran, etc. and claim 'there is no God' to me, you're little more than a parrot squacking a phrase you've heard 1,001 times. I; however, have difficulty believing that because of the life experiences of dozens of people I've seen transformed because of their faith.

John 5:18-20 - For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

Raebus
05-17-2008, 11:49 AM
A serious post in the general chat section? I never thought I'd see the day!

Oh and Jesus would obviously win. He'd bust a few moves on God's ass.

Vivisteiner
05-17-2008, 01:20 PM

Yes and no. I say yes, for I see your point, yet I mostly lean towards no. It has been the convention when translating the Bible into English that God is written with a capital "G". There is no denying the influence that Christianity has had on Western society (and vice-versa); it is an irrevocable part of Western history. It is not a rule that "God" can only mean the Judeo-Christian, rather it is what is normally being referred to. As I said before, in translations of Sanskrit texts, the word Brahman is often translated as "God". Plus if you look at other religious traditions and their focus of worship, the nomenclature is completely different. Often with Islam, we use Allah, though God is equally acceptable. In Taoism, the focus is moved to the Dao. Shinto, various kami's who have their own name are used. Hinduism, with the exception of Brahman and its translation, usually the name of the deities are used. Buddhism, while not focused on worshipping gods (devas), when referring to specific buddhas, Buddha is often capitalized. Other traditions have "actual names", as it were, for the focus of their worship, thus following English grammar, is spelt with a capital letter like a proper name should be. In Christianity, "God" just so happens to be the name we use for the Judeo-Christian idea of divine, thus we follow the grammatical protocols and capitalize it. So it is neither arrogance or narrow-mindedness, rather following convention and the grammatical structure of the language. God is a proper name; god is a noun referring to the concept of divinity (usually in a masculine or gender neutral sense).
Aaah, I never really realised the distinction between 'God' and 'god.' Thats a point. Nevertheless, God shouldnt still purely refer to the Judeo-Christian one, although I can accept the assumptions made.

God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God)

Just by reading this page you can see the different Gods there are.

blackmage_nuke
05-17-2008, 03:25 PM
In the realm of heaven everyone is a winner