PDA

View Full Version : Pitfall: The Big Adventure

KentaRawr!
05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Article (http://wii.ign.com/articles/873/873242p1.html)

Today Activision announced it is producing a new Pifall game exclusively for the Wii. Titled Pitfall: The Big Adventure, the jungle expedition is in development at Edge of Reality. The studio is no stranger to the Pitfall franchise, having crafted Pitfall: The Lost Expedition for last-gen consoles.

The original Pitfall was an Atari 2600 game released by Activision that followed Pitfall Harry as he swung on vines, leaped over scorpions, and searched for treasure. Sequels have shown up during each successive generation of consoles.

"What could be more fun than using the Wii Remote to swing on a vine over blood thirsty crocodiles as retro-cool Pitfall Harry?!" asked Dave Oxford, Activision Publishing.

The Big Adventure will be set in the Peruvian jungle and will feature a mix of action and puzzle solving. There will be over 60 levels in different environments like thick rainforests, dark caves, and even snowy mountain tops. The game mechanics have been designed to make use of the Wii's motion controls.

Should I be ashamed if I've never played Pitfall before in my entire life? >_>

Ah, well. What're your thoughts on this?

scrumpleberry
05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I've never evah played pitfall. If it's a good game I'll be happy. It depends on how much justice it does the original.