PDA

View Full Version : School's out for summer

Zeldy
05-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh my god, I had my last day of school today. We all got dressed up in cute summer frocks, and went in for a half day. We had first lesson as normal (but we all just signed leaver's books and took photos) and then extended form period and finally the leaver's assembly. I burst into tears during the assembly.

We had awards, and they said they had a special guest, but it was our head of year dressed up as Mr T (It's an on-going joke, the guy is the spitting image of Mr T, so we all used to mock him about it). Usually we despise the guy as he's extremely strict and sarcastic, but to see him in dressed like that, yelling 'Quit your jibber-jabbing, fool!' he gained respect +9001.

What was your last day of school like? Was there much crying? singing? I couldn't contain myself and started sobbing xD I didn't want to leave!

Goldenboko
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
My last day of school doesn't occur for another month :/

KentaRawr!
05-13-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm not in a public school anymore. I'm home-schooled. However, my last day is on Northmont High School's last day, so I think I'll stick outside to hear its last day of School. :p

Zeldy
05-13-2008, 08:00 PM
My last day of school doesn't occur for another month :/

well, I have to go back for my GCSEs, my last one being in June, but the days I don't have exams = SUNBATHING TIME.

Peegee
05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
There was much rejoicing when school was out forever.

Blue Harvest
05-13-2008, 08:12 PM
My last day of school was 4 years ago :tongue:

Shauna
05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Today was my official last day of school. Going in for three exams, and a day to collect my yearbooks doesn't count. No more high school. There was no crying, although, apparently one of my friends made the head of my year cry. xD I laughed.

I did no work today, and avoided going to the so called "Leaver's Mass", even though there were people who weren't leaving this year there. It was fun, with pictures being taken and laughs had. Gonna miss the place, a bit. So glad to be out though. :p School's been a CHORE this year. xD

Namelessfengir
05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
We had awards, and they said they had a special guest, but it was our head of year dressed up as Mr T (It's an on-going joke, the guy is the spitting image of Mr T, so we all used to mock him about it).

at my high school we had Mr. passenger who did the chris farley "motivational speaker bit" running around screaming smashing :skull::skull::skull::skull:. classic

~*~Celes~*~
05-13-2008, 08:42 PM
since I'm a senior (last year student in american high school), I get out earlier than the underclassmen. My last full day of school is Friday, but I have to go back Monday for the senior cookout, Tuesday for half a day for the awards assembly that I won't be getting an award at, and then Wednesday for one class because I have an exam to take. After that, I don't have to go back until June 1st which is the commencement ceremony (graduation =D), and then June 3rd, I board my plane to England :heart:

Shiny
05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
My last day is also graduation day. D day. June 19th, 2008. There's no chance to survive. Make your time.

Cookie
05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I walked around school with my mates getting my shirt signed and just generally being a wanker for the last time.

Sergeant Hartman
05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
3 girls tried to sing Wonderwall in assembly but failed badly.

Depression Moon
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
You're lucky since my state gov changed everything crazy now, we won't be getting out until early June. There's a couple of stuff I'm looking forward to, mainly The Dark Knight and E3. I'm also trying to get a lot of business settled as well.

Blue Harvest
05-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Last day of complusory school: Shirt signing. I got told off for letting one of my friends draw a penis on mine :monster:

Last day of sixth form: Can't remember the morning. The afternoon we started drinking (on school property I might add). After school we went on a pub crawl.

Tallulah
05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
It was oh so long ago. :D

The clearest memory I have is of Finbar, a friend of mine, trying to jump on my shoulders whilst the year were walking across the playing field, but only succeeded in pushing me over since I wasn't expecting it. :eep:

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm only a Sophomore this year. So my last day forever hasn't happened yet but in two years it will.
But my last day this year is Next Friday the 23rd.

fire_of_avalon
05-13-2008, 10:44 PM
There's really no such thing as a "last day" for me since I hop right back into the routine for summer school. All told I get about six weeks of "break" a year. Yay me.

Breine
05-14-2008, 09:15 AM
We all got drunk.. and so it was a good day.

Jings
05-14-2008, 11:25 AM
We had a huge water fight which almost destroyed the common room. Then most of the class went down to the beach, had a barbeque and drank lots of alcohol. It was an excellent day.

Big D
05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Congrats to Zeldy on an important milestone! :D

My last day of high school... no real classes, but there was our graduation/awards ceremony which was neat. There was hanging around, food, handshakes aplenty, and some laughs with the cooler teachers. A couple of parties, I don't remember if we had one on that same day though.

That was 2001 for me... it's sure been a while.

Captain Maxx Power
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM
When I left Comprehensive and did the whole shirt signing thing, I had two shirts; one that was your standard "We're going to miss you" job, and the other which I got people to write insults all over. So now if people ask me what Comprehensive school was like for me I show them the insult shirt and say "They effing HATED me! :cry:".

Jiro
05-14-2008, 11:57 AM
One and half years of high school left for me, but I finish my first semester of Uni in two weeks. No big celebrations, but it's as close to a graduation I'm going to have for a while

Clouded Sky
05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
I'll be done after most of you kids finish up. I think my last final is on June 10th.

Montoya
05-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Hell yeah, had my finals today and now I don't have any classes until next August. School's out for Summer indeed. :cool: