PDA

View Full Version : Your emulator collection

ReloadPsi
05-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Let's face it, we've all emulated at some point.

Right now, make a rough count of all your game ROM files (if possible) and tell us how many you have, including cases where you've ripped a game you actually own.

I count 1071 over seven different platforms; I've got a near-complete collection of NES games and at present my other consoles' collections are quite small (though I did have full SNES, Mega Drive, Master System and Game Boy at one point).

The ones I play most:

FFIII on the NES (fan-translated, natch)
Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive (even though I actually own it, but there's this neat tool that lets you change the music)
Awful Fantasy III (a parody of FFVI for the SNES by somethingawful, still occasionally gets a bit of a chuckle out of me)

Roto13
05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/ROMs.png

GBA, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, 32X.

I've been playing a ROM hack of Pokemon Fire Red recently that's been turned into a remake of Pokemon Gold. I don't have that Awful Fantasy III thing you mentioned. I'd like to try that. xP

Arc_Master_14
05-14-2008, 02:00 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/BrAdYhAiR/other/untitled.jpg
It used to a whole lot more but I recently had my computer reformatted and this was all I could salvage and XPuser is the guy who did it lol I can't seem to change that!

Araciel
05-14-2008, 02:04 AM
I play gaem. I have so many roms and ISOs on disc...I can't tell you how much space...but I have about 40 discs of games, most of them PS1 games.

Roto13
05-14-2008, 02:08 AM
I've never had any luck emulating PS1 games.

I Took the Red Pill
05-14-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm not counting them because I'm disorganized and they're scattered throughout various folders, but they include a wide array of NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, PS1, and N64 games. If I was forced to guess a number I'd say ≈200.

Zeromus_X
05-14-2008, 02:46 AM
I don't have too many because I hand-pick mine rather than simply downloading everything.

Yes, me too. I normally just download the games I feel like playing as opposed to downloading so many of them.

Lately I've been playing Tales of Destiny for the PS1, although, due to being emulated, it's impossible to play as any other characters with the Chanelling ring since you can't play with the second controller very well on an emulator (I only have one USB controller). Well, ePSXe does allow you to control both controller ports at once, but it totally butchers the music whenever I play, so it's a trade-off.

Rostum
05-14-2008, 03:37 AM
I have the full collections to NES, SNES, Genesis / Master System, GBA, and N64. I have around 40 PSP games and 20 PSX games. That's the extent of my emulation (I'd like to emulate on NDS but... I'd rather save my money).

KentaRawr!
05-14-2008, 03:47 AM
A lot.

And I mean it.

Bunny
05-14-2008, 03:58 AM
I'd say my collection is around 15-22 ROMs strong. I usually download a game that seems interesting to me and delete it if I don't like it. The majority of the games I own are SNES. I own two playstation games: Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2.

ljkkjlcm9
05-14-2008, 03:59 AM
Use to have a bunch, even was editing my own version of FFI. That was until a little over a year ago when my hard drive literally got a crack in it. Now I have about 5 Roms, and don't really play them anymore.

THE JACKEL

Momiji
05-14-2008, 04:12 AM
I don't have as many as I used to. If you add them all up, it wouldn't even be near a half of a gigabyte.

SpendGil
05-14-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm not going to count mine but I'll list my favs.

Sega CD emulator:
Snatcher
Willy Beamish
Sewer Shark
Sonic CD
Lunar: The Silver Star
Vay
Night Trap

Genesis:
Sonic 3
General Chaos
Toejam and Earl
Zombies ate my neighbors
Aladdin
Beyond Oasis
Mortal Kombat

SNES:
Earthbound

NES:
Mario bros 3
Kung Fu
TMNT
The Legend of Zelda

Sega Master System:
Spy Hunter
Afterburner
Rambo
R-type

Commordore 64:
Jungle Hunt

Those are my favs off the top of my head.

Tasura
05-14-2008, 11:53 PM

But those are mainly GBA, SNES and NES. Very few of any other system.

Dr. Acula
05-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't have many. 459MB of GBA games, 37.7MB of SNES games.