PDA

View Full Version : WHEN WILL WE EVER SEE THIS!

Depression Moon
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I think FFXIII had been announced in working since E3 of 2005 or was it 6? Anyway, know about 2 years later we still have barely any info on it, not even a release date. All that we have been getting lately are just a couple of pictures here and there every five months. Before XII came out we had info on at least two of the main characters. I was wondering with E3 changed to showing in July do you think Square has just waited all this time to amaze us at the event! I am a die hard fan of the series and I seriously hope that this would be a home bringer after my dissapointment(only story-wise the battle-system was great) with XII.

Remedy
05-13-2008, 10:58 PM
why bothering?
stop waiting and play any good game that IS available.

psssst.. (Kung Fu Hustle)

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Square-Enix is waiting for me to get a PS3 before they do anything!

Yar
05-14-2008, 02:50 AM
This is discussed in a lot of the threads here. I keep mentioning FF XII's release date debacle. It'll be a while. Expect delays.

Remedy
05-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Scarmiglione you mean FF XIII's release date

Yar
05-15-2008, 02:24 AM
Scarmiglione you mean FF XIII's release date

No, I mean XII as in 12. It was scheduled to be released in 2004. It was delayed and delayed before being released Halloween 2006.
The delays weren't worth it though, IMO.

Serapy
05-16-2008, 04:50 AM
The long timespan of the development shows a good indication that they actually have been putting a lot of effort into the game.

The delays surely worth it. Obviously, if FF13 isn't selling so well due to bad reviews, the development will lose a LOT of money.

Bolivar
05-17-2008, 12:25 AM
The long timespan of the development shows a good indication that they actually have been putting a lot of effort into the game.

The delays surely worth it. Obviously, if FF13 isn't selling so well due to bad reviews, the development will lose a LOT of money.

Agree 100% with all of that. I can wait. I'm on my GTAIV binge, still playing Heavenly Sword, Haze is coming out at the end of this month and Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out a few days after that. I got plenty to do on the PS3 before XIII comes out, so no worry.

Not to mention FFTA2 is coming out in June, FFIV DS a few weeks later, and Dragon Quest IX/Last Remnant hopefully out before the year. So there's plenty of Square-Enix RPGs to go around if that's your thing.

So the more time they take to release FFXIII, the better. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if they made it 2 Blu Ray discs.

Dragonsoul
05-21-2008, 11:18 AM

I think this game is going to be more anticipated than FF XI, FF X-2, and FF XII. What does everybody think? Also, do you think it will be more anticipated than FF X? I'm really excited. And now I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually more anticipating Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Starcraft 2. Both of those are being beat by Final Fantasy XIII in my most anticipated games list though.

Dynast-Kid
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Square-Enix is waiting for me to get a PS3 before they do anything!

I know how you feel!

Maybe Square-Enix is taking it's time because they know many consumers don't have PS3s yet. I mean, it only just came out in Japan and America in 2006, and in Europe last year. When it was first avaliable it was what, $500? That's a pretty hefty price tag!

I don't know how much the price may've decreased since it's release, but with increasing prices of gas, food, etc., many people aren't worried about buying the newest gaming hardware.

So maybe finances and cost for the PS3 are why SE seems to be progressing so slowly. Whether or not Japan is having the same economic issues as America is having, I don't know. Maybe i'm completely wrong!

But yeah, it's just a thought!

P.S. Actually, i'm unsure as to how many consumers in America own PS3s...I just assumed it wasn't a whole lot because I don't know many people who own one! xD

Vyk
06-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I haven't thorougly enjoyed a Final Fantasy for nearly half a dozen titles. I feel no anticipation. Even if this one does look better than the last few

Suvious
06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I agree Vyk... XII sucked eggs, same with XI and X-2..

Dragonsoul
06-04-2008, 06:52 AM
I think in recent years the quality of the main Final Fantasy titles is not as good as it was in the past, although still much higher than almost all rpg's out there.

Final Fantasy XII needed a better story.
Final Fantasy X-2 people didn't like the story and characters as much.
Final Fantasy XI people were not sure about this for various reasons, although a great title.

I don't remember if a signifigant number of people had problems with Final Fantasy X, do you remember?

Vyk
06-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't remember if a signifigant number of people had problems with Final Fantasy X, do you remember?

Yes. 10 did away with the world map. And there was a mass hate on Tidus and Yuna.

ReloadPsi
06-05-2008, 12:12 AM
A playable beta will be included with Duke Nukem Forever, and if you pop Chinese Democracy in your PC or Mac its special features include previews of the game's soundtrack.

Hope that answers the question.

Bolivar
06-05-2008, 01:42 AM
^ funny

I think this game is going to be more anticipated than FF XI, FF X-2, and FF XII. What does everybody think? Also, do you think it will be more anticipated than FF X?

I think it'll definately be more anticipated than those last 3 you mentioned, due to this being the true sequel to FFX in many people's eyes. However, I don't think it'll be more anticipated than FFX, as FF really dominated the gaming industry for the last few years up to its release, and everyone wanted a PS2. The main series has slowed down a little, and the popularity of the PS3 is still up in the air.

FFX was exceptionally received and was one of the first games to show what the PS2 was really made of, like VII before it and as XIII promises to be.

The only place I've heard anyone say anything against it was here, on the internet.

Wolf Kanno
06-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Edge magazine gave it a 4 out of 10 and a few other magazines gave it above average reviews (7 and 8). In fact, until I came here to the internet, I didn't think anyone gave a damn about this game. :D

Dragonsoul
06-05-2008, 04:26 AM

Yes. 10 did away with the world map. And there was a mass hate on Tidus and Yuna.

I remember the world map being an issue now. I don't remember about Tidus and Yuna issue. I remember some people didn't like the voice acting. Atleast Square Enix released a picture of the world map though.

I can't wait to finally get back to a a main Final Fantasy game made by the traditional FF team. It's going to be the most futuristic FF in the main series I've read, so i'm excited. Vyk, check out Front Mission, it's a great Square Enix tactical rpg. The leader of that series of games is the battle director for FF XIII and FF X btw.

Vyk
06-05-2008, 06:13 AM
I've actually always wanted to. But never picked one up. I wouldn't know where to begin anymore. Though my faith in many SRPG franchises is worrisome at best. A lot of tactical games throw in too many variables that sort of smother any enjoyment out of it for me (FFT)

Karellen
06-05-2008, 06:32 AM
There are plenty of people who revile FFX, probably even more then those who revile FFVII. Ask anyone who's down on Sqare-Enix now days and 9 times out of 10 they'll list FFX as the installment that first jumped the shark.

That being said, being the second highest selling game in the series the amount of people who like it must outnumber those who don't by quite a bit.

Hambone
06-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Having a PS3 is awesome.

Maybe Square doesn't want anything revealed because they want us to piss ourselves even more if and when we (or you guys, I should say :)) finally get a PS3 and FFXIII.

Mirage
06-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Why get so worked up over a game release? I'm sure you have other things to kill some time with. You could read a book or ten, go to a gym, spend time with friends, or play some other games. And when the time is here, you can also play the thirteenth installment of Final Fantasy. Just don't spend all your days waiting for it... Spend your time here on Earth wisely, you never know how long you've got left!

Dragonsoul
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Pretty good advice! It's good to maintain balance I think. Gaming hobbies, non-gaming hobbies, relationships, school, work, errands, all must have a proper amount of time alloted. :)

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I'll use this time to get a job and buy a PS3.

...or think about getting a job and buying a PS3.

daggertrepe
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
The only way I'm freaking buying a PS3 along with this game is if they make a Final Fantasy 7 remake. Done.

tidus_rox
06-25-2008, 09:24 PM
oh, Jesswe, you make me laugh :)

Vyk, I have to disagree. You are saying that the last good FF was VII??

VIII, IX and X were all marvelous. Of course, we all have opinions :)

Depression Moon
06-25-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm surprised this thread is still going on. They might mention something about a release at E3 hopefully.

Dynast-Kid
06-26-2008, 06:25 AM
I don't care what you jokers say, FFXII was THE SHIZ. xD

I'm surprised this thread is still going on. They might mention something about a release at E3 hopefully.

Eh...I still think we won't be hearing anything about a release until next year.