PDA

View Full Version : Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

Dragonsoul
05-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Here are what I believe are the most anticipated rpg's that will be out this fall, not including ports and remakes. There were some games that are not on the list because I think they are unlikely to make it out in time for 2008.

Title System Genre Developer
------
Disgaea 3 PS 3 Tactical Nippon Ichi Software
Dragon Quest IX DS Traditional Level-5
Fable 2 Xbox 360 First person Lionhead Studios
Fallout 3 XB 360/PS 3/PC First person Bethesda Game Studios
Lord of the Rings Online: M.O.M. PC Mmorpg Turbine
The Last Remnant Xbox 360/PS 3 Traditional Square Enix
Persona 4 PS 2 Traditional Atlus
Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 Action Namco Tales Studio
Tales of Symphonia: D.O.T.N.W. Wii Action Namco Tales Studio
White Knight Chronicles PS 3 Action Level-5
World of Warcraft: W.O.T.L.K. PC Mmorpg Blizzard
Zoids Assault Xbox 360 Tactical Takara Tomy

I'm not super hyped about any of these rpg's actually at this moment. I'm probably most likely to get The Last Remnant and Dragon Quest IX though. Fable 2, Fallout 3, WoW: Wotlk, Lotro:Mom, seem pretty good but I don't want to spend hundreds of hours on any single rpg. The other games are generally good but I am not super interested at the moment. I'm voting for The Last Remnant! What are you voting for? :)

Roto13
05-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, simply because it's the sequel to one of my very favourite games.

CimminyCricket
Disgaea 3, no freakin' doubt. I'm buying my PS3 either next month, or in July. I haven't quite decided yet.

NeoCracker
I'm going to say Last Remenant, closely followed by Persona 4.

Gilghamut
05-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Hoo boy. Out of that list I want to get the following:

White Knight Chronicles
Disgaea 3
Fallout 3
Fable 2
The Last Remnant
Persona 4

Hmmmm, I'm thinking I'm gonna say WKS will be the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Zeromus_X
05-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Definitely Persona 4. Dragon Quest IX, and ToS: Knights of Ratatosk look nice, as well.

Dragonsoul
05-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Roto13, nice! I know that the last Tales game, Tales of the Abyss, is very popular. I beat Tales of Phantasia, I give it a 8/10. I haven't beaten any other Tales game or any Tri-Ace game. Please vote on the poll though.

Cim, I need to try the Disgaea series. I really like the FF Tactics tactical games and the Front Mission ones though.

NeoCracker, I want to know more about The Last Remnant. It's probably my top choice on the list also. Check out the music on the official North American website...
THE LAST REMNANT (http://na.square-enix.com/remnant/index.html)

Gilghamut, I wonder how White Knight Chronicles will be. I used to own Rogue Galaxy but I didn't finish it though.

Zeromus X, Persona 4 is going to be very popular I think. It's nice that we get a quick sequel to Persona 3. The PS 2 is still going! Persona 4 may be the last PS 2 rpg we get in Usa, unless FF XI gets an expansion pack maybe.

...anyways, I think this Fall 2008 rpg season will be stronger than in Fall 2007, but I think that Fall 2009 will be much stronger(Final Fantasy XIII should be out then).

Check out these release schedules
Release Dates (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/release.cgi)
RPGFan Release Dates (http://www.rpgfan.com/releasedates.html)

Karellen
05-14-2008, 05:57 AM
I would seriously doubt that we'll see Persona 4, Dragon Quest IX or Last Remnant this year. Both versions of P3 took over a year to be localized, DQIX probably won't be out in Japan until the very end of the year at the earliest and as far as I know Last Remnant's release is still up in the air.

I'm not really excited about any of the other RPGs on that list. Maybe White Knight Chronicles.

Dragonsoul
05-14-2008, 06:01 AM
True, I didn't realize Persona 3 took a while to localize, maybe Persona 4 won't be out in Usa this year then, oh well. Anyways, if it's out in 2009, that'd be a really late Playstation 2 release! Like when Final Fantasy Origins came out for PS 1 in Usa in 2003, very late.

Interesting that both Dragon Quest IX and The Last Remnant have been delayed(from 2007 Japan and Spring 2008 worldwide respectively), both games are the ones I'm most interested in.

SpendGil
05-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Is Fallout 3 really scheduled to come out this FALL??????
Sweet!

I really want to play Persona 3...still haven't. I guess I'll check out persona 4 after I pick 3 up.

Dragonsoul
05-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Yea it'll be out this Fall, and I expect a release in one of the four "Holiday Season" release dates. Probably 10-28, 11-4, 11-11, or 11-18. Fable 2 I believe is supposed to come out earlier in the Fall season, late August, or in September I think, based on the developers comments. Dragon Quest IX will probably come out on one of the dates I listed I think. It's interesting to see which rpg's are chosen for release on the final Tuesday before Thanksgiving, a big date.

Last year on November 20th we had Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess, Mass Effect, and Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus were chosen for that date last year.

In 2006 we had The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine out on November 21st. On November 19th we had The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii, and on November 17th we had Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom for PS 3.

Jings
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Fallout fucking 3.

I've recovered a water chip and found the fabled G.E.C.K an uncountable number of times now. I can't describe how much I'm looking forward to this game.

Madame Adequate
05-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Assuming they don't balls it up, Fallout 3 is #1. Fable 2, Persona 4, and White Knight Chronicles all interest me as well.

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Fable :</>D!

Momiji
05-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Disgaea 3 or the new ToS. :D

Dreddz
05-14-2008, 05:50 PM
White Knight Chronicles is my first pick because Level 5 are making it. Im also looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles and the Sonic DS game which im hoping will come out this year.

Roto13
05-14-2008, 07:10 PM
the Sonic DS game which im hoping will come out this year.

Last I heard it was supposed to come out in Q4 2008. I'm looking forward to that one, too.

SpendGil
05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Fallout smurfing 3.

I've recovered a water chip and found the fabled G.E.C.K an uncountable number of times now. I can't describe how much I'm looking forward to this game.

*drools*
Mmmm radioactive. Gurgle.

Assuming they don't balls it up, Fallout 3 is #1. Fable 2, Persona 4, and White Knight Chronicles all interest me as well.

I hope they've improved the engine for fallout 3 from the Oblivion engine. The game will def be #1 either way.

Wolf Kanno
05-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Of that list... Persona 4 is a must buy and I could care less about the rest (except for Disgaea 3 but I don't own a PS3). DQIX maybe, but I was never a huge fan of DQ. I would rather try to collect all the RPGs I've fallen behind on.

Araciel
05-14-2008, 08:21 PM
I said Fallout because I'm so out of the loop.

ljkkjlcm9
05-14-2008, 08:26 PM
of the ones on that list?
Tales of Symphonia: D.O.T.N.W.

But I'm looking forward to Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood
and this summer Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, then FFIV DS

oh, and the Megaman Star Force sequel should be coming out between those 2 titles.

THE JACKEL

Roogle
05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
I am looking forward to Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Persona 4.

I think that we may either see a simultaneous release of Persona 4 based on the success of its predecessor, Persona 3, or there may be a possibility that the game will not be released. I think that video game publishers are finishing up their last round of older generation products. Atlus is a very good publisher in the role-playing game niche, so they may make a special exception to release Persona 4 in some form in a timely manner.

Yar
05-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Wasn't interested in any, but I noticed Dragon Quest IX. And for DS as well.

I am intrigued.

Tasura
05-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Fable 2
Persona 4

That's about it, I'd say Disgaea 3, but the lack of a PS3 kinda restricts that.

Dragonsoul
05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks, these are great votes! Some rpg's have no votes yet: Dragon Quest IX, Lotro: Mom, Tales of Vesperia, Wow: Wotlk, and Zoids Assault. I put Zoids Assault there because I like the game some, it reminds me of Front Mission. Well so far Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Fallout 3 are leading. I am not suprised by Fallout 3 but I didn't realize that ToS: DotNW was this popular. I'll have to research it.

Roto13
05-15-2008, 01:00 AM
It's popular because it's the direct sequel to the best RPG on the Game Cube. :P

I Took the Red Pill
05-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Assuming they don't balls it up, Fallout 3 is #1.

There were 500 versions of the final cutscene, but due to recent upgrades, there are now over 10,000 different versions, which was determined by all of the actions taken by the player.Oh Fallout, how I've missed thee.

Nifleheim7
05-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Well,from the Dragon Quest series i have only played VIII but i loved this game so much that i can't wait to see what they will do on a new (and less powerful console).
Having played Dragon QuestVIII and Rogue Galaxy i have high hopes for future Level 5 games like White Knight Chronicles although i wasn't that impressed from the first trailer.I think the characters look a bit generic.I really loved the song though!!!Does anyone know it's title or the performer?
We don't have lots of information about Last Remnant and i doubt it will get a fall 2008 release.Still i'm very curious to see how it turns out.

I have Valkyria Chronicles "under the radar"...From what i have seen so far form the japanese playstation store trailers and gameplay videos,it looks very beautiful and it has some original gameplay elements.I'm not a huge fan of strategy games but this one looks very promising.

With so many great games coming out by the end of the year who needs FFXIII:tongue:

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Tales of Symphonia: D.O.T.N.W.
Because I have a Wii.
And It was awesome on gamecube so it has to be even better on Wii.

Arc_Master_14
05-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Fable 2 but imma have to wait til it comes to PC or I get a 360 whichever comes first

Vermachtnis
05-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Persona 4, if for nothing else it's because I can't play any of the others xD. It's looking pretty awesome. If I had PS3 or a decent computer it'd be a toss up between Persona 4, Disgaea 3, or Fallout 3.

NeoCracker
05-15-2008, 05:36 AM
It's popular because it's the direct sequel to the best RPG on the Game Cube. :P

Sorry, but Skies of Arcadia: Legend isn't getting a Sequal. :p

Roto13
05-15-2008, 05:46 AM

You don't know that (http://wii.qj.net/Rumor-Sega-to-announce-Skies-of-Arcadia-2-soon-/pg/49/aid/119948), and SoA turned into a series of incredibly boring and incredibly frequent random battles with a lot of wandering once you hit Ixa'Taka.

NeoCracker
05-15-2008, 06:40 AM

You don't know that (http://wii.qj.net/Rumor-Sega-to-announce-Skies-of-Arcadia-2-soon-/pg/49/aid/119948), and SoA turned into a series of incredibly boring and incredibly frequent random battles with a lot of wandering once you hit Ixa'Taka.

Incorrect sir. Of course maybe I'm just crazy, but I enjoyed it all. :p

Though mind you, if there was another SoA coming out, that would be right near the top of the list.

ljkkjlcm9
05-15-2008, 07:43 AM

Incorrect sir. Of course maybe I'm just crazy, but I enjoyed it all. :p

Though mind you, if there was another SoA coming out, that would be right near the top of the list.

Skies of Arcadia was alright. But yeah, the airship battles took way too long to do each attack, and then random battles that took me 5 seconds to kill with Aika, but the intro to the battle, the victory dance, the winning screen.... Yeah it got annoying.

I enjoyed the game, but I actually quit playing it before I beat it, realized I never beat it a year later even though I was right before the final boss, and finally went and beat it. Any game that gets so annoying it makes me take a break, is not the best RPG of a system. Tales of Symphonia however, made me want to start over with New Game+ when I beat it.

THE JACKEL

Vermachtnis
05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Technically, Skies of Arcadia was a Dreamcast game. So yea it probably was the best RPG of the system ;p

JKTrix
05-15-2008, 04:53 PM
The top of my list is Inazuma Eleven (Football/Soccer RPG from Level 5) and Valkyria Chronicles (previously mentioned). Don't know if Inazuma will be coming out in English, but as a DS game it's an easy import from me. I managed to play a demo of the game and it sold me.

Check out the trailer if you've never heard of the game before--skip to the 2nd half for some actual gameplay.
Gamespot Japan: Inazuma Eleven Trailer (http://japan.gamespot.com/ds/videos/story/0,3800076101,20373234,00.htm)

The rest of them (besides LotR, WoW and Zoids) I'm pretty much looking forward to as well, but Valkyria and Inazuma are the ones I'm actively keeping an eye on.

Also for you Skies of Arcadia fans making noise in here... you should be keeping track of Valkyria Chronicles as well. Besides several Skies characters being in the game, it was created by some of the same people who made Skies.

Besides how interesting Valkyria is to me, as an anime fan I'm totally geeking out over the voice cast. A few of my very very favourite actors play roles in the game. I hope they keep the Japanese track in the game once it comes out.

Vivisteiner
05-15-2008, 04:54 PM
The Last Remnant for me, because Im a n00b when it comes to non SE RPGs.

Nifleheim7
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry for the out of topic questions...
JKTrix do you know if Yakuza 3 will be released in the west?I don't want to import a game that is very story based due to my lack of any serious knowledge of the language.
Also are there any fan sites who translate Japanese games?

Again,sorry for the off topic questions.

blim
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Lotro: Mines of Moria for me.

Am i really the only eoffer interested in this?

JKTrix
05-15-2008, 06:55 PM
From what I recall, there haven't been any official announcements regarding Kenzan/Yakuza 3, but the impression I got from interviews and other things is that they do want to bring it out. Yakuza 2 has been announced for the US and Europe for 2008.

For game translations, there are quite a few of them out there. One of them who I came to know about recently is TransGen (http://transgen.890m.com/), who recently put out a beta patch for an English translation of NamcoXCapcom. Most of them seem focused more on the older games from the <32 bit days.

Generally though, if a foreign game is popular enough, there will be guides on Gamefaqs. While not exactly a full translation and far more cumbersome than just having subtitles on the screen, they sometimes give you a decent description of the story as it happens. There is one for Kenzan on there now. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/game/943326.html)

Nifleheim7
05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
From what I recall, there haven't been any official announcements regarding Kenzan/Yakuza 3, but the impression I got from interviews and other things is that they do want to bring it out. Yakuza 2 has been announced for the US and Europe for 2008.

For game translations, there are quite a few of them out there. One of them who I came to know about recently is TransGen (http://transgen.890m.com/), who recently put out a beta patch for an English translation of NamcoXCapcom. Most of them seem focused more on the older games from the <32 bit days.

Generally though, if a foreign game is popular enough, there will be guides on Gamefaqs. While not exactly a full translation and far more cumbersome than just having subtitles on the screen, they sometimes give you a decent description of the story as it happens. There is one for Kenzan on there now. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/game/943326.html)

Wow,thanks a lot!!:)I checked Gamefaqs before but there wasn't any then.Hmm,i wonder if they'll keep the Japanese voices IF they release it in the west.With all this talk about the capacity of Blue Ray discs it's a shame that developers don't include the option for original language support (MGS4).It would be terrible for a game like Yakuza 3 to have english voice overs no matter how good they may be...I guess i should just import it.

Btw,Inazuma Eleven looks amazing,it could be the perfect game for a friend of mine (his main interests are Anime and Soccer).It also reminded me a lot of Shaolin Soccer:D

Bolivar
05-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Hoping to spend alot of time on Dragon Quest IX, and the Last Remnant has me really interested, i'll definately be picking that one up. But with so many good games coming out this year, I doubt I'll even be done with FFIV or TA2 on the DS before I get ready for the next round of RPGs. Not to mention the Sonic game for the DS, too.

Captain Maxx Power
05-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Fallout 3, without question. I've been waiting ten years for this game.

Rase
05-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Fallout 3. Thank goodness my new roommate will have a 360.

Jowy
05-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Wrath of the Lich King, yea.

Karellen
05-18-2008, 06:55 AM
I would be more exited about Fallout 3 if it wasn't a series that thrives on dialog being developed by a publisher known for anything but.

I guess if worse comes to worst we'll still get a post-apocalyptic Oblivion.

Jings
05-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I would be more exited about Fallout 3 if it wasn't a series that thrives on dialog being developed by a publisher known for anything but.

I guess if worse comes to worst we'll still get a post-apocalyptic Oblivion.

Even if the game is an Oblivion clone the pipboy bobble head that comes with the special edition will more than make up for this. :D

I'd actually be horrified if it was an Oblivion clone but I'm willing to give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt.

Remedy
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Only White Knight Story

Madame Adequate
05-18-2008, 03:10 PM

And despite these admitted problems it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

Quindiana Jones
05-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Fable 2 may be nice.

Dragonsoul
05-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Hoping to spend alot of time on Dragon Quest IX, and the Last Remnant has me really interested, i'll definately be picking that one up. But with so many good games coming out this year, I doubt I'll even be done with FFIV or TA2 on the DS before I get ready for the next round of RPGs. Not to mention the Sonic game for the DS, too.

This is excellent! I've been waiting a long time for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Final Fantasy IV, I can barely stand it!

Sonic RPG seems popular, I have to check more info.

Roto13
05-21-2008, 03:01 PM

And despite these admitted problems it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

Considering, once you hit those problems, the only thing to continue playing for is the faint hope that it'll eventually fix itself, no, it's not one of the best RPGs ever. People gasmed over it because it was either that or Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.

Dreddz
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I'd just like to add that Grandia II was better than Skies of Arcadia.

Crossblades
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM
The only games from the list are the two Tales games: Vesperia and Symphonia 2, because next to Final Fantasy, tales is my favorite RPG series. And I dont know much about DQ IX to make me consider it(even though I do like the DQ series)

Ichimonji
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow, that's a tough one. I'm really looking forward to Persona 4, The Last Remnant, and the two Tales games. If I had to pick one though, it would be Persona 4.

Madame Adequate
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Considering, once you hit those problems, the only thing to continue playing for is the faint hope that it'll eventually fix itself, no, it's not one of the best RPGs ever. People gasmed over it because it was either that or Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.

Really? I continued playing because it was an expansive and immersive world filled with memorable characters, a plot I cared about, boss fights that challenged me, beautiful scenery, exquisite music, brilliant ship-to-ship battles, epic scale, awesome enemies, a huge amount of exploration to do (nevermind that the game itself was constant exploration), and the general level of polish and quality in the game. The fact that random encounters were more numerous than I'd have liked does detract from that - but not that much.

NeoCracker
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I'd definately say Skies was the best RPG from the Dreamcast or Gamecube, but I wouldn't say one of the best ever made.

I do have much love for it though, represent.

Roto13
05-21-2008, 11:16 PM

Really? I continued playing because it was an expansive and immersive world filled with memorable characters, a plot I cared about, boss fights that challenged me, beautiful scenery, exquisite music, brilliant ship-to-ship battles, epic scale, awesome enemies, a huge amount of exploration to do (nevermind that the game itself was constant exploration), and the general level of polish and quality in the game. The fact that random encounters were more numerous than I'd have liked does detract from that - but not that much.

Yeah, no. The only thing I can agree with you about in that paragraph is the ship battles. Maybe the bosses, though none of them were all that tough, just usually time-consuming (and not really common enough). The random battles were a huge problem for me because it felt like I spent more time waiting for the first target>all ability than doing... pretty much anything else. What you see as exploration comes off to me as mindless wandering, looking for the next goal. Memorable characters? I suppose if you mean that repetition is a good way to remember things. Who was your favourite, the lovable Pirate with a heart of gold? (If so, which one?) The energetic female sidekick? The mysterious girl with the "strange" clothes who's too sweet to live? The plot? Were you 10 when you played Skies of Arcadia? Because that's the only way I can see that plot being appealing. It was like a Disney movie. It's just a really poor-quality game. It's one of the few games I own that I haven't completed.

Vyk
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I know too little about these games :(

Madame Adequate
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Yeah, no. The only thing I can agree with you about in that paragraph is the ship battles. Maybe the bosses, though none of them were all that tough, just usually time-consuming (and not really common enough). The random battles were a huge problem for me because it felt like I spent more time waiting for the first target>all ability than doing... pretty much anything else. What you see as exploration comes off to me as mindless wandering, looking for the next goal. Memorable characters? I suppose if you mean that repetition is a good way to remember things. Who was your favourite, the lovable Pirate with a heart of gold? (If so, which one?) The energetic female sidekick? The mysterious girl with the "strange" clothes who's too sweet to live? The plot? Were you 10 when you played Skies of Arcadia? Because that's the only way I can see that plot being appealing. It was like a Disney movie. It's just a really poor-quality game. It's one of the few games I own that I haven't completed.

Yes, insulting someone for enjoying something you didn't is totally not a 10 year old's way of doing things :rolleyes2

Roto13
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
I wasn't trying to insult you, but if that's what you took away from it...

I don't particularly care. :monster:

Ryth
05-22-2008, 01:02 AM
FALL OUT SMURFING THREE.

JKTrix
05-22-2008, 01:35 PM
'nother one for you to add to your list, Dragonsoul.

INFINITE UNDISCOVERY | SQUARE ENIX (http://www.infiniteundiscovery.com/)

Square-Enix/Tri-Ace, September 2 in US and Japan. Xbox 360 exclusive.

I guess to play it up a little bit... the game is said to contain 10 years worth of ideas Yoshiharu Gotanda, the man who created the original Tales of Phantasia and later co-founded the Tri-Ace studio. I had no idea this game was so close to completion, since Squenix appears to have been giving much more exposure to The Last Remnant, its multiplatform (and still TBA-release) title.

Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34279.html?type=) (HD also available)

Something interesting. The dialogue (as well as Last Remnant's trailers, for that matter) is all in English, while the menus are all in Japanese. Both InfinUndi and Last Remnant were earmarked as titles aimed at the west from the very beginning. This leads me to believe that, at least in terms of spoken language, English will be the original voice track for all releases (despite the lip-sync). Which means that there may not be any Japanese voice tracks, for those of us who usually prefer such things. The excuse that most of us use for putting things in Japanese is to 'hear it in its original language, as it was intended' yadda yadda, so it looks like this time...English is the original language.

Guess I'll copypasta this post into the 'General Square Enix' section.

Dragonsoul
05-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Dang! Infinite Undiscovery is coming out on September 2nd worldwide?! I didn't know it was so close to completion either. I found out yesterday about this. Too bad this game didn't make it into my poll, I thought it would be out in 2009. Anyways, it'll sell well I'm sure. :) Thanks for the info.

Brennan
05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Fable 2 FTW or something

Dragonsoul
05-27-2008, 11:51 PM
The rpg I'm looking forward to most this fall is the DEMO of Final Fantasy XIII, if it comes out. I'm not sure if it will be a included with the PS 3 version of The Last Remnant, or it will be a standalone disc, or it will be distributed on the Playstation network. I can't wait for Starcraft 2 either but that's a real time strategy game though. Oh I should mention that if the Usa gets a port of Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness for DS this Fall, I'll be looking forward to that more than any other game on this poll. :)

EDIT:
So far we are still learning information. I forgot about the DS Bioware rpg for this fall called Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. That should have been on the list also. The only official release dates we have for the top rpg's this fall are...

8-26 Xbox 360 Zoids Assault(actually this isn't super important but I like it, it reminds me of Front Mission)
9-2 Xbox 360 Infinite Undiscovery

Besides this we have heard from developers in the past that Disgaea 3 for PS 3 is planned to be out in August(my guess would be August 26th) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for Wii is planned to be out in September(not sure which date I'd guess). We also have a date for Dragon Quest IV for DS, September 16th, although I didn't include it in the poll since it's a remake, of a very great game though. Here are some release dates some websites are listing, although not sure what their sources are, these are just their guesses anyways...

Fable 2 - October
Fallout 3 - October
Tales of Vesperia - August 19(!)
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - September 2nd(!)

Release dates appear to come out around three months in advance. Now that we are in late May we are getting more release dates for late August. Finally the fall rpg release dates will come in. It won't be until about late August till we get all the release dates finalized I think.