PDA

View Full Version : Your Wallpaper

rubah
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
not your desktop :]

My house is full of awesome wallpapers. The lady we bought it from was a little eccentric and left her mark all over the place from the flowers and landscaping to the camp meets people tell us they attended here to the wallpapers on the walls and the doors. (yes).

Most of the house has faux wood panelling, but several rooms still have amazing wallpaper.

The Bathroom (master):
the walls are covered with these crazy geese flying, there's about four lady geese to every man goose, and the man geese are so scary looking they look mean :O

then the bathroom door has this huge blown up picture of flowers in a spring time forest. Words really can't describe how awesome this is as an idea. Even the poor print quality (it was probably pretty good for the time at least twenty years ago) adds to the flair. Did I mention this was a door?

The smoking room (laundry):
just a wood/flower motif. it's kinda stained from years of cigarette smoke.

The bathroom (large):
A goldy sketchy fleur de lis. I spent my younger years looking at this and picturing the big fleur de lis as a king and the little one that looked like it was under a canopy as a little baby prince in its bed kinda how aurora was at the beginning of sleeping beauty.
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/bathroom4.jpg

My bedroom (mine):
This is why I made the thread, really xD

When I was little and slept with the floor lamp on, I would stay awake looking at the wallpaper. It has these medieval peasants and travellers on it in their sock hats, and it also has panthers and other animals that are being hunted by an hunter (duh). the scope for imagination is just fairly huge.
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/wallpaper.jpg

escobert
05-15-2008, 09:11 PM
cement and wood atm :p. We're living in a basement!

Ouch!
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Various colors of paint. My room is a light blue.

Lawr
05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
White all around the house, and wood & cement in my basement.

Peegee
05-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry but I think wallpaper is tacky, no matter what it is.

There's some wallpaper in my house (that I rent) and I personally loathe it.

Rantz
05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm visiting my parents now and I'm in my old room where there are palm trees and jungle and stuff on the walls, which my mum painted for me and my brother when we were kids.

For several years I was convinced she had painted a tiger somewhere in here which all the desks and the mess covered up. I even tried to convince her of it regardless of her asserting she had done no such thing.