PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of doing a server transfer

Crossblades
05-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I was thinking of doing a server transfer, because the server where I am at (kujata)I can never get anything done when it comes to doing CoP, Zilart, aht urghan, etc.(I've shouted for days for the Puppet in Peril mission and no one would join ><). Odin is my top choice because of its overpopulation. So I figured if a server like Odin is overcrowded, I could get alot done when it comes to missions right? But I dont want to switch servers and then regret it either. Unless, someone can change my mind or going to somewhere or staying

Rostum
05-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I say come to Pandy, but I hear it's low population (though I see heaps of new players around lately). I didn't transfer my character from Midgard, but I started a new character with 3 other friends there, and joined Del and Miriel's linkshell -- which are a nice bunch and seem to do a lot of missions and stuff (always has people on at most times too).

Anyway, I suggest talking to Miriel or Del and see what they say. :D Either way, I think basing transfer on population is a much of a muchness, because either way you will always have trouble with pick up parties and not getting many people to invite.

Bahamut2000X
05-16-2008, 01:55 AM
You should come to Cait Sith and play with me! Granted I haven't been on in almost 2 months since my computer broke. >.>

Citizen Bleys
05-16-2008, 04:30 AM
A high-pop server like Odin is going to give you problems when it comes to exp/merits.

Everyone on Alexander likes to merit at {Nyzul Isle}{Bhaflau Thickets} and it's crowded 24/7. If someone's mother gets in between them and a Colibri, the puller will shoot the bitch and hope the arrow goes through Mom and gets the bird's attention. This kind of overcrowding means unpleasant meriting experiences and slow exp.

Mirage
05-16-2008, 11:04 PM
So.. get a skull ton of merit points before you transfer!

Citizen Bleys
05-16-2008, 11:41 PM
I already have a metric skull ton of merits. I still want more.

Del Murder
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Do you use the mission search comment?

Also, SE won't let people move to Odin anymore.

Dante WolfWood
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Well, I plan to get back on FFXI soon, and I was contemplating a server change.

So does Pandy have the most EoFF users now?

Citizen Bleys
05-18-2008, 01:39 AM
It seems to, we were just waiting for Misfit to leave.

Masamunemaster
05-18-2008, 06:01 AM
I joined not to long ago and Pandy I honestly dont see a problem with...except for a guy named Cursedvagrant....wont leave King Ranperres Tomb and aggros something I need...oh sorry lil frustration there....

But Pandy is fun and Im sure if you come you will find many of people to help you

Crossblades
05-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Do you use the mission search comment?

Also, SE won't let people move to Odin anymore.

They never said anything like that. They've thought about it, but they have yet to do so

Del Murder
05-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Ok, yes, you are right. At the rate they get to things you'll probably have the option to transfer there for a while then. I hear Odin is mostly Japanese players though.

Miriel
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM

Misfit has been gone for hecka months. The last I talked to her about FFXI, she was transferring her character to another server.

strawberryman
05-22-2008, 03:00 AM
It used to be Midgard that had the most EoFF members, and now it's Pandy. If I didn't have a bunch of friends on Midgard I'd consider moving, but, oh well. >_> And I have two characters to work on already.

Ultimage
05-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Yeah, they'll definitely let people move to Odin. I had a friend that got his account stolen and was move to Odin just the other week. Thankfully, nothing was stolen, but he has to stay there for at least 90 days. So if you see Newnugget (it was a quick name change b/c he was still on the phone with SE when logging in), wave to him.

Jimsour
05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Ramuh is where the parties at.

Lower population, lots of JPs meaning people who play in their off-peak arent down trodden with competition.

Jowy
06-11-2008, 08:23 AM

Misfit has been gone for hecka months. The last I talked to her about FFXI, she was transferring her character to another server.

We're playing a game that doesn't suck now. ^_^

Tyno's on Midgardsormr.

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I play on Cerberus, and it seem pretty nice...I'm just a newb, so I haven't gotten around to a lot of things, but it's a nice place to be a newb at least xD

...but I'd go to Pandy with your EoFF buddies :</>D!

Citizen Bleys
06-18-2008, 12:53 AM
We're playing a game that doesn't suck now. ^_^

So you got a 360 and Lost Odyssey? And I thought you were Wiitards.