PDA

View Full Version : For the burning of the DVDs

Araciel
05-16-2008, 02:10 AM
Ok I never usually tread here, but I have a question and I trust you folks better than most other internet resources.

I have some .mpg files and am wanting to burn them to a DVD for viewing on a normal DVD player.

I am not sure if this is possible using downloadable free programs or what, or if it's even possible at all.

Any info would be appreciated :D

Roto13
05-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Vista apparently comes with Windows DVD maker. Not a whole lot of features, but it gets the job done. If you don't use Vista, I can't really name any free programs that burn video DVDs. Nero is the best of the pay programs, but it's ridiculously difficult to pirate, in my experience, and it's too expensive to be practical. There is a trial version you could use, but it'll run out pretty quickly.

Rostum
05-16-2008, 03:16 AM
Nero is the best of the pay programs, but it's ridiculously difficult to pirate, in my experience, and it's too expensive to be practical.

Nah it's quite easy to pirate these days. Usually you can just download a pre-activated version so you don't have to deal with key-generators or activation codes or anything similar to that.

Anyway, a good program is VSO Convert X to DVD (http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/), but then if you're not into piracy, you'll have to deal with the watermark. :D By the way, this program is top notch, it's so easy to use and it does the job without any fuss.

rubah
05-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Nero has a page full of free software, maybe one of the old versions (6 or 5) are suitable for burning dvds?
Nero – Free downloads - latest updates and trial versions (http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads.html)

Or I could send you the cd of nero that came with my cd drive when we got it xD I dunno if you could activate it or not though :D

Roto13
05-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Nero is the best of the pay programs, but it's ridiculously difficult to pirate, in my experience, and it's too expensive to be practical.

Nah it's quite easy to pirate these days. Usually you can just download a pre-activated version so you don't have to deal with key-generators or activation codes or anything similar to that.

I have nothing but bad luck with it. xP I can get it activated, but I can't keep it activated. xD It always figures out it's pirated and is all like "oh no you didn't" and tries to muscle me into paying for it. Like I would ever pay for software! Luckily, I have Vista, so I don't need another DVD maker.

rubah
05-16-2008, 06:57 PM
did you pay for vista :O

Roto13
05-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah. Came with my computer. :P I think an OS is just about the only thing I won't pirate since it's a real pain in the ass if it screws up.

(Also, I try to use Freeware programs as much as possible. xP Open source ftw.)

I Took the Red Pill
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I torrented Nero and spent about 10 minutes going through dodgy sites trying to find an activation code that worked, but it was well worth it. If you're comfortable with torrenting, I'd definitely go with Nero.

Rostum
05-17-2008, 01:31 AM
One word: MovieX. Next best thing to Demonoid if you don't want to go through all that private torrent bullsh*t.

Roto13
05-17-2008, 03:23 AM
Demonoid ftw.