PDA

View Full Version : There's a rumor about Shenmue 1 and 2 coming out for the Wii.

KentaRawr!
05-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Take a look. (http://gonintendo.com/?p=43195) I would take this for a grain of salt, but then again, salt is pretty good in moderation.

What do you think of this?

Roto13
05-16-2008, 05:05 AM
I thought the first one was awkward and boring.

Though maybe if they did get a port, they'd finally make Shenmue 3 at some point and people can stop complaining about it.

Shoeberto
05-16-2008, 06:10 AM
I thought the first one was awkward and boring.
Yeah... honestly, after years of hearing the praise, I sat down with it on Dreamcast and expected something really good and it turned out to just be... not enjoyable. Just too clunky to even get anywhere. And this is with me consciously trying to get into it.

Dreddz
05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Both Shenmue I and II are amazing games and it aggrivates me that every time we hear any news on Shenmue its either an MMO (which I think has been cancelled now anyway) or a port.

What they could be trying to do is build a bigger fan base with the Shenmue series so the third game is likely to sell more. The reason why Shenmue III isnt getting made is because the first two games did poorly. So an announcement for Shenmue III could come from this which would be great, although Im sure it would be for the Wii which would suck because then I would have to buy one.

JKTrix
05-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Yakuza 4 should secretly be the real Shenmue 3. Lan Di was really a captain of a Chinese division of the Tojo Clan!

Anyway, can't really say if I think this is real or not. Dreamcast and other old Sega games seem to be making a revival these days (and not just on the Wii (http://www.siliconera.com/2008/05/15/soulcalibur-letterboxed-for-xbox-live-arcade/)), so I can't rule it out entirely. Though if it is true, it could potentially be a litmus test for Shenmue 3.

I won't really be putting too much thought into this anyway.

Madame Adequate
05-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Is the Wii powerful enough to do Shenmue?

Roto13
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Considering it was originally released for the Dreamcast, yeah. :rolleyes2