PDA

View Full Version : Crunch Month

Rye
05-16-2008, 11:26 PM
May and June always seem to be the busiest months. I have a lot going on for the next two months, very hectic.

1) Government project & interview Due next week
2) Finals coming up. I know I have a final in Pre-Calc. I should be exempt in all of my other classes because I have an A in everything else, but my attendance is pretty bad since I'm always skiving class to sleep, so there's a chance I may have to do some finals. Ugh.
3) I have a performance with a select choir from all over the US at Carnegie Hall in June.
4) 2 days after that, I have my Honors Choir Concert
6) 2 days after THAT, I have a recital where I perform an opera piece.
7) I have my AP Art final, which is to organize a gallery and advertise our art.
8) I have a two day college orientation where I have to make my schedule and such.
9) Prom
10) 18th Birthday & Graduation

I hope I'll be able to take the stress, my head was spinning making that list. I guess I just have to try and do everything one at a time.

What important things do you need to do in this crazy time of year? How do you deal with them?

Zeldy
05-17-2008, 12:02 AM
May and June are the same for me, they're always hectic. I'm going through my GCSEs now :(

14th May; Religious Education GCSE.
19th May; Maths non Calc GCSE.
21st May; Biology GCSE.
22nd May; D&T Food Technology GCSE.
2nd June; My brother's birthday. Maths calc GCSE.
3rd June; History (1st paper) GCSE. English Language (1st paper) GCSE.
5th June; English Language (2nd paper) GCSE. Chemistry GCSE.
11th June; History (2nd paper) GCSE. Physics GCSE.
17th June; Sociology GCSE.
18th June; My 16th Birthday.
19th June; My Mum's birthday.
26th June; Leaver's doo (or "prom")
27th June; Carmel college induction day (We're allowed to explore the college all day, experiencing lessons).

Busy busy busy. How am I dealing with them? one at a time, one at a time.

Caraliz
05-17-2008, 01:39 AM
oh man. I have to get a job and that is plenty busy enough for me, miss. You're talking to the queen of leisure, the girl that sits around all day and also! Sleeps. A lot. :D

And then I gotta figure out stuff about going back to school, which I'd like.

Shoeberto
05-17-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm working on getting a job. S'about it.

If you had asked me, oh, two weeks ago, I'd have had a laundry list, including giving a big like 60%-of-the-class-grade presentation on why our project failed, studying for some big finals (two of which were on the same day, half an hour apart from each other), making sure to turn in all my equipment on my last day of my now ex-job, packing all my crap to move back home, and trying to enjoy time with my school friends and especially Allie before I came home and didn't get to see them again for four months.

Things are a lot slower now.

rubah
05-17-2008, 02:09 AM
uhhhhhhh

1) dentist appointment
2) drop by skewl for funtiems
3) maybe attend graduation?
4) keep packing/unpacking (it's so difficult when you have to do them both at once!)
5) go to france!

and that's about it as far as I'm concernedxD

Meow
05-17-2008, 04:27 AM
may is the least likely time for people to buy guitars

which is ridiculous because may features my birthday

soOOOoooOOOoooOOOoo

Marshall Banana
05-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Jeremy is visiting me in June, and I'm flying back to California with him.

I don't like to be busy, so, usually, I'm not. =O

Shlup
05-17-2008, 05:42 AM
I just... I'm a teacher, and this is the last four weeks of the school year. I could go on and on. Kill me. Please?

Also, my sister-in-law's 21st birthday is in a couple of weeks and we're going to Vegas for the weekend. Woo!

Citizen Bleys
05-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Let's see:

School done. Forever. CHECK!
Job: Check!
4-day work week: Check!
Off-peak work hours (leading to low workload): Check!

I'm going to be very busy with booze and video games over the next month or two. Perhaps I shall take a vacation. I have 2.5 weeks left to take whenever I want, after all. One can only handle so much of this kind of stress.

Rye
05-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Jeremy is visiting me in June, and I'm flying back to California with him.

Flying back with him, like, forever? :bigsmile: :kaoclove:

Marshall Banana
05-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I wish!

I'll be staying with him for only a month. =(

Rye
05-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm still happy though! Take lots of pictures with you, Jeremy, and your sewing machine! :jess:

Quindiana Jones
05-17-2008, 02:04 PM
20th May: French listening, reading an writing.

23rd May (AM): Law - Criminal and Civil law, Statute...stuff. :(
23rd May (PM): Philsophy - Knowledge and Scepticism, something else, Plato.

4th June: Economic exam. I have no freakin' clue what this'll be about, but at least I have 2 weeks to teach myself the things my pathetic "teacher" couldn't.

That's basically all that's happening to me that I care about right now. Sounds easy, true, but I only just started revising yesterday. Huzzah!

I think I'm going to France for a month sometime during <s>the summer holidays</s> les grandes vacances.

Peegee
05-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm reminded of last month where every day was a hectic hellhole of utter death; work, or trying to secure a house all by myself because well...I have (had) money and Chemical was busy with finals.

But it's all good now that THAT's behind us. Bamtan, party time!