PDA

View Full Version : Narnia: Prince Caspian

DMKA
05-17-2008, 04:01 AM
So I just got back from it myself Any thoughts?

As a big fan of the first film, and someone who's never read the books (yes, I am a heathen) I must say, while I enjoyed it, I was a tad disappointed, and felt it didn't have as much thought put into it as the first, primarily in how abruptly they ended up back in Narnia and it jumped right into the fighting...very little buildup. In fact, it felt like 80% of the film WAS just fighting, not that that's necessarily bad but...I just don't feel like it reflected the beauty of the first film. Maybe it could just be reflecting the book, I dunno.

Anyway, the theater was over packed, even in my tiny rural community, so I imagine at least a handful of people here have seen it by now. :D

Bashini
05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I have yet to see the film, but I have not been all that excited about it. I found the novel itself a sad imitation of the LOTR. C.S. Lewis was too heavy handed with the allegories and the plot working was oversimplified. So you are left with this glop of battle scenes. I might rent it.

Vivisteiner
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I loved reading them as a kid, but as an adult I find the religious allegories to overpowering for my liking. The first film was alright. I didnt really enjoy reading Caspian that much (it was pretty good) so Ill probably give this a miss.

Breine
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I found the first one to be somewhat mediocre. I liked it alright, but it just didn't have that wow-factor you'd expect from an epic/good story like that getting made into a movie.

I've heard the second movie is all-around better than the first, so I'll probably go see it at some point. Maybe I'll take my 12 year old sister to see it or something.. She'll probably like it.

Miriel
05-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I actually liked the first one, and I loved the book as a child. I was gonna watch this in the theaters, but my cousins went to see it and she said it sucked. Sucked hard.

Laddy
05-21-2008, 02:10 AM
It was okay. Although it was clear Caspian and no love for Susan, Peter was his only love!

DMKA
05-21-2008, 02:16 AM
It was okay. Although it was clear Caspian and no love for Susan, Peter was his only love!

Please...don't encourage the fanfic writers/artist.

(as if they need it...)