PDA

View Full Version : WTH Amazon!

rubah
05-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Why is a used copy of ff7 $80 on amazon.com?

I got mine for like $20 three years ago. Did people freak out when AC and CC and DC all came out?

also is there anywhere else you could buy a cheap ff7? ff8 is still pretty cheap on amazon and I think ff9 was too.

Jessweeee♪
05-17-2008, 04:36 AM
I got mine for just fifteen bucks a couple of years ago at EB games...AC didn't come out too much later :p

I think I just got extremely lucky, though xD

Nate
05-17-2008, 06:34 AM
I think with the popularity of all the new stuff, people got nostalgic and drove the price up. Then again, how many old RPG's don't sell for crazy prices. I saw a Chrono Trigger for SNES going for $60 at a video game trading place. 49.99 for a Shining Force 2 copy. It's nuts.

I got my FF7 from a friend. He bought two copies for some reason and said I could have it. Got a strategy guide too.

Heath
05-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Your best bet would probably be somewhere offline really. If it's that expensive online, it might simply be easier to check a second hand game shop. I think I've seen a copy around here for about £10-ish. You checked eBay?

I got my FFVII for about £20 when they released the platinum version of it.

Suvious
05-17-2008, 12:07 PM
FFIX in the UK is 50-60 GBP so don't complain.

Bahamut2000X
05-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I went to a Funcoland in New York once on vacation looking for Tactics. They told me they only have one copy left, a used one which was running like 80 bucks. I was 12, laughed at them, walked away. Week later bought the greatest hits at a Video Games Express for 20 bucks.

Akaria
05-17-2008, 03:17 PM
My first disc of VII cracked somehow last year, which was weird since I try to take good care of my games. I asked for another copy for my birthday so I could play it again. My dad had to drive 3 hours away to pick up the only used copy in a god only knows how big of a radius. It came to be about $60, and with gas I'm not sure if it was better than getting it online for like $80, but meh. From what I've seen, a decently priced copy of FFVII is damn hard to find.

Xurts
05-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm glad I bought mine early and that they're still in excellent condition.

Yar
05-18-2008, 04:15 AM
If I can sell it for $80, then I'll be the "nice-guy" and gladly sell my copy for $70.

I like Amazon. Today I bought an NES, a replacement 72-pin connector, and a Final Fantasy III DS Strategy Guide for under $50.

You can still buy new Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and Chrono Cross on Amazon for $20!

Vyk
05-18-2008, 04:49 AM
It was like $10 at EBGames before they merged a few months back

Breine
05-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I found a new copy of FFVII in a Danish online shop for around 20 bucks a couple of months ago. They don't have it anymore, though :(

Ouch!
05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I noticed this some time ago. It's very upsetting since I can't afford that.

cloud21zidane16
05-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Try Ebay, theres a lot of FFVII, VIII and IX copies going quite cheap everyday.

Cleric
05-24-2008, 03:17 AM
Why is a used copy of ff7 $80 on amazon.com?

I got mine for like $20 three years ago. Did people freak out when AC and CC and DC all came out?

also is there anywhere else you could buy a cheap ff7? ff8 is still pretty cheap on amazon and I think ff9 was too.

I think it's a combination of the fact that AC, CC, and DC have come out and also that FF7 is a very groundbreaking final fantasy. It was the first of its kind to be completely 3d, have FMV's, etc. I think people are selling it at a premium because they know that people will buy it(supply and demand). Ebay is a tad cheaper than Amazon, but my suggestion is to check an FYE or a store that sells games near you. Sometimes, although rarely, they still have a copy kicking around. Other than that, you will have to wait it out although the price will most likely go up not down :(

Yar
05-24-2008, 04:19 AM
I think it's a combination of the fact that AC, CC, and DC have come out and also that FF7 is a very groundbreaking final fantasy. It was the first of its kind to be completely 3d, have FMV's, etc. I think people are selling it at a premium because they know that people will buy it(supply and demand). Ebay is a tad cheaper than Amazon, but my suggestion is to check an FYE or a store that sells games near you. Sometimes, although rarely, they still have a copy kicking around. Other than that, you will have to wait it out although the price will most likely go up not down :(

You might also be surprised as to what they may have in the back at a K-Mart. Ours keeps pulling them out every once in a while to sell it for $15.

Rostum
05-24-2008, 05:12 AM
I am so glad I bought the original play station release when it was $20AUD. And I am so glad it is still in good condition.

I wish Amazon would ship games to Australia though, sometimes you can get good deals there. :(

I don't suppose Play-Asia has a cheap copy of FF7? They usually have really good prices.

skyless
05-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh yes, FF games are always so expensive and here in Greece are totally out of stock. I remember i got my copies a few years back and i still paid a hell of a money. :/

Trance_Kuja
05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Got new and sealed platinum versions of VII and VIII from the same shop for £12 each so that would be around $24, about a year ago. I also got a sealed Origins aswell for £10 around $20 from the same shop all at the same time.

IX however is my favourite game and I would not get anything but the original release, this set me back £40 used without a manual, this is pretty much the price new games are now and would be $80. Disks are pretty much mint condition, just need to find a manual for it and replace the case as it has a few scratches now on the plastic. I got IX like 3 years ago though so I would hate to know it's price now for the original release. I got IX from Amazon and the seller was annoying to say the least, took like four weeks for it to get here, when the seller was in the same country as me.

I had to rebuy them all because back in 2001-2 I sold all my PS1 games with the PS1 itself.