PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Enlighten me! *SPOILER*

Suvious
05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Ok firstly this is a huge spoiler!

At Nibelheim years back... Tifa picks up the masamune and goes to cut up Sephi with it...
Shinra has a friendly masamune in his back...
You can obtain Masamune Blades...
WHY OH WHY! can you not use the Masamune!?
Please enlighten me!

Namelessfengir
05-19-2008, 08:27 AM
what?

TheSpoonyBard
05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
The storyline dictates the Masamune belongs to Sephiroth and he is the only one who can wield it properly. It wouldn't make sense to have other characters use it (other than Tifa in the Nibelheim scene).

Suvious
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry but Square lack sense there... Big swords... Buster sword? Masamune? Both big, but the BS sucks.

Bahamut2000X
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
What they don't tell you is that the Masamune is made from super extremely dense admantium alloy where one gram weighs more then a thousand suns. Hence only Sephiroth who was a professional body builder in his youth days, but hides that fact with his huge jacket, could possibly wield such a heavy sword properly.

It's also a little known fact that the Buster sword is made from tin foil and entirely hollow.

TheSpoonyBard
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
If Cloud's Buster Sword was as powerful as Sephy's Masamune, there wouldn't be a need for Cloud to change weapon through the game.

Likewise, if Sephy's Masamune was as weak as Cloud's Buster Sword, it would have undermined his image as a great and powerful SOLDIER.

Suvious
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Not the point - Lacks sense as to why Cloud can't just pick it up!

Randgris
05-19-2008, 04:25 PM
As far as I can remember, Cloud never had the chance to ever picking it up, nor touch it. It's not OK to touch someone's sword, without permission of course.

Bahamut2000X
05-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Not the point - Lacks sense as to why Cloud can't just pick it up!

Now your just being nit picky. :p

No one else can touch his sword because a sword is an extension of the body, and quite clearly in this case swords are phallic extensions of the body. I know I wouldn't want someone playing with my sword.

Suvious
05-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't care! I want the masamune! Lol!

theundeadhero
05-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Lots of fanboys want to play with Sephy's sword.

Bahamut2000X
05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Lots of fanboys want to play with Sephy's sword.

*rim shot*

Suvious
05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Face it... It's a GIANT sword! Look what it did to Aeris! She got PWNED! And yes... You do touch Sephies sword (LMAO) it's in Pres. Shinras back, while he's "napping". You can win a "Masamune Blade" from the Golden Saucer...

leader of mortals
05-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Omg it even says that the blade you win in gold saucer is an imitation. You need to actually read what the game says. Sephiroth isn't the only one who can weild it, he is the only one who can balance it. Remember Tifa? When she tried to attack sephiroth she was very unbalanced and she lost the fight. That is why Sephiroth is the only one who can use it.

Suvious
05-19-2008, 08:39 PM
^ Or a 25 year old bloke over powered a 16 year old girl...
And idc if it has 1 attack power! Barret can use a boxing glove for christs sake Cloud can use an imitation sword!

Roogle
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I would hardly called Tifa attacking Sephiroth in the Nibelheim Reactor a fight. I was surprised that she was able to pick up that lengthy sword in the first place.

Suvious
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah she was like what 15/16? Swords aren't that heavy but one that's about 6 and a half feet long might just be heavy! When I picked up this huge claymore type thing in rl I was like "it's heavy, but lighter than I expected..", so a 21 year old guy should be able to use the masamune.

Yar
05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah she was like what 15/16? Swords aren't that heavy but one that's about 6 and a half feet long might just be heavy! When I picked up this huge claymore type thing in rl I was like "it's heavy, but lighter than I expected..", so a 21 year old guy should be able to use the masamune.

Nope. It's a fantasy. The Masamune weighs tons. Metric tons. Sephiroth is just so much "TEH AWSUM!!!1" that he can lift it.:rolleyes2

I think you may be looking too far into it.

leader of mortals
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
As I said, It's not about picking it up. It's about balance. if you use a big ass sword that has a certain center point and a certain length of handle and a certain counter-weight, and you then use one that is completely different, do you think you can swing it perfect? Sephiroth's blade is supposedly very very different from the others so Cloud can't use it from the balance. Thats what I think anyway.

Suvious
05-20-2008, 07:39 AM
^ Murasame
Yari tifa lifts it.

Vivisteiner
05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Face it... It's a GIANT sword!
Its big, but my sword is bigger.

Suvious
05-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Done being dirty? xD

Vivisteiner
05-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Done being dirty? xD
No. Just no.

You aint seen nothin' yet pal! ;)

Suvious
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh deary me...
This is bad...
Clouds one is thicker and bulkier
But Sephiroths is muuuch longer

Vivisteiner
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
OH NOEZ.

He took it too far. :p

Well at least Tifa doesnt have one. Cant say the same for Beatrix though.

Suvious
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah Beatrix would beat you up with her hefty sword!
And Vivi Tifa temporarily has one! 0.0

Carl the Llama
05-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Sephiroths sword is 8 feet long, and is too unwieldy for Cloud - or anyone -to use.

Mercen-X
05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
15 Tifa was able to pick it up due to sheer adrenaline brought on by rage and willpower. Using it was a different story.

There are many reasons Cloud would not use the imitation Masamune Blade. The first being that it's too weak to benefit anyone... like the Excalipoor.
Also, why in papa smurf would Cloud want to use the same weapon as his ultimate enemy? That would be a total mind smurf and Cloud's messed up as it is.

Also, in case it was confused at any point, there is no equality between the Masamune and the Murasame or Yoshiyuki. Both the Mura and the Yoshi are shorter than the Masamune by at least half.

BTW, I've previously mentioned the oddness of hero Cloud wielding a sword which some legends say is one of massacre while villain Sephiroth wields the holy sword Masamune (though it was depicted as an evil sword in Chrono).

The Crystal
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Masamune isn't a legendary sword in FFVII just because it is.
It's because of the man who uses it.

SpendGil
05-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Tifa is actually Sephiroth's step-cousin-once-removed and she originally made the Masamune (http://www.spendgil.com/Final-Fantasy-Weapons/Masamune) completely out of 3 day old mashed potatos which later solidified into the blade we all know today. That and she ate wheaties for breakfast that morning - that's why Tifa could use the legendary blade.

We can't use it because Tifas hands were all greasy when she used it so any attempt from us to wield it would only result in disaster.
Sephiroth's gloves are super sticky. That's why he can use it.

I like tacos.

cloud21zidane16
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Cloud never really had a chance to use it anyway, Sephiroth always had it and after Tifa used it Cloud and Zack where captured, from then you could only get your hands on the fake one from the Gold Saucer.

ReloadPsi
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Only Sephiroth can use the sword... that's why Edge could casually swipe one around with a Murasame in the other hand. That's why White and Black Mages in FF1 could use it. That's why Zidane holds two of them joined together. That's why Auron, the slowest bastard in FFX, can use it.

But in terms of FF7, Tifa tries to use it, and he just casually catches it and turns it back on her. Clearly only he truly knew what he was doing with it. It's pretty obvious really.

theundeadhero
05-21-2008, 11:56 PM
This thread is dangerously close to being closed for being nonsensicle.