PDA

View Full Version : Can I still get ExcII at my current time position?

simonalvelos
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
FIRST TRY

I am on Disc 2, just entering Conde Petie to get married, and I am around 7h 15m. This is an approximate time as I can't be bothered to check it accurately.

Note the following:

1. I didn't get Quina on Disc 1 so I don't have Limit Glove
2. I don't have a chocobo
3. My characters I wish to use in Memoria are Zidane, Steiner, Freya and Amarant, so the others are weak and hardly any abilities

So is it worth continuing?

My guess is no.

:mad:

TheSpoonyBard
05-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I very much doubt it. At 7:15 you ought to be on the early stages of disc 3. To have any chance you'd need to be at Conde Petie by 5:45ish.

Xurts
05-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Screw the sword. Steiner's Ragnarok is 100x easier to get and has no troubles reaching 9999 damage.

SeeDRankLou
05-21-2008, 05:13 PM
If you hall your ass big time, you can make it, but I wouldn't suggest it. If you want the Excalibur II, you are probably better off starting over and planning your course of action from the beginning.

cloud21zidane16
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Very unlikely, take a look at what you did so far and find some points where you wasted time. Then plan again and start over. Good luck:)

simonalvelos
05-24-2008, 04:15 PM
SECOND TRY

OK so I have now begun "Try Number 2" and I have saved before you board the airship at Dali at 1hr 44mins.

I have been looking at the uffsite.com Excalibur II guide, and it recommends that I start the Hunt Festival at 2hr 22mins. I am pretty sure I can meet this target.

I am feeling anxious about getting Quina and a Chocobo, and still aim to finish Disc 1 in 3hrs.

Any pointers/tips? Thanks!

cloud21zidane16
05-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Have you watched any of this guide?

YouTube - 1whoistornapart's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/1whoistornapart)

Go down to playlists to see all the videos, their really helpful.

Xurts
05-29-2008, 03:32 AM
SECOND TRY

OK so I have now begun "Try Number 2" and I have saved before you board the airship at Dali at 1hr 44mins.

I have been looking at the uffsite.com Excalibur II guide, and it recommends that I start the Hunt Festival at 2hr 22mins. I am pretty sure I can meet this target.

I am feeling anxious about getting Quina and a Chocobo, and still aim to finish Disc 1 in 3hrs.

...sigh

Heath
06-01-2008, 05:46 PM
SECOND TRY

Taking a look at SeeDRankLou's excellent perfect run-through (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ix/109126-my-perfect-game-file.html) would probably provide a lot of tips. He went through the game getting everything and doing numerous other challenges as well, but I'm sure there are more than a few tips and tricks that you could pick up from that thread.

Specifically, I've never bothered to get the Excalibur II, so I can't help any more than that, I'm afraid.

Marky Tee
06-19-2008, 09:14 PM
ive always wondered why people try to do this challenge
sure any reason to play through again is good enough i suppose but jus doesnt seem worth it
plus the story is too good to skip through

Depression Moon
06-19-2008, 09:28 PM
ive always wondered why people try to do this challenge
sure any reason to play through again is good enough i suppose but jus doesnt seem worth it
plus the story is too good to skip through

That's what I'm saying the sword isn't that great and you're taking out all the fun when you r ush through the game.

Marky Tee
06-20-2008, 02:48 PM
steiners a god whithout it anyway
probably the best fighter in the whole series