PDA

View Full Version : European release for FFT A2 announced

Roto13
05-19-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/05/19/ff-tactics-advances-on-europe-this-june/

And it's only a few days after the North American one. Lovely!

Dragonsoul
05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
That's great for the Europeans! I wish I knew Japanese though so I could get the earliest version released though. By the way, when a Square Enix game gets localized for Usa, does it often get many special features added to it? I guess it'd be best to learn Japanese and get the earliest version, but I don't have time to learn it now, hehe.

Any Europeans posting here? What do you think of FF IV?

Roogle
05-21-2008, 09:38 PM
By the way, when a Square Enix game gets localized for Usa, does it often get many special features added to it?

It depends on the localization time. Most of the time, there are small fixes like changes to the menu, cursors, or sound effects; however, if a localization process takes over eight months, there is usually some new gameplay element, like a hidden boss, added to the North American release of the game.

Dragonsoul
05-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks! Because of this I think it's more advantageous to know Japanese and play the original release of the game, since I believe that it's not usually worth the wait to skip the Japanese version and get the North American version, since usually there are no signifigant upgrades, I think.

I think very few Americans are learning Japanese to play the rpg's when they first come out. I think they are learning Spanish, French, and German languages during high school.

Anyways, who here is living in Europe and is getting the game?

aquatius
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks! Because of this I think it's more advantageous to know Japanese and play the original release of the game, since I believe that it's not usually worth the wait to skip the Japanese version and get the North American version, since usually there are no signifigant upgrades, I think.

I think very few Americans are learning Japanese to play the rpg's when they first come out. I think they are learning Spanish, French, and German languages during high school.

I am getting it and I'm also learning japanese so hopefully when I become good enough I will be able to do so.

Krelian
06-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure yet. I was very disappointed in FFT Advance.

Fynn
06-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I sure am!

Hazzard
06-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to it!