PDA

View Full Version : I'm drunk and I had a wreck

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
<a href="http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90OTF6G0&show_article=1">
HARTMAN, Ark. (AP) - An Arkansas preteen faces a drunken driving charge after he and a friend drank his parents' beer, "got liquored up" and crashed his stepfather's pickup truck, the Johnson County sheriff said.

Sheriff Jimmy Dorney said the 12-year-old boy and his 10-year-old friend drove off in the truck May 4 to find a girl they met at a rodeo. The boys made it about 10 miles before the 12-year-old lost control of the truck.

Dorney said the truck hit and jumped over a guardrail, sending it careening 50 feet down a steep hill into a forest.

Clark James, 46, who lives down the road from the crash site, said he answered the boys' banging at his front door with shotgun in hand about 2:30 a.m.

"I opened the door and the first thing (the 12-year-old) said to me was, 'I'm drunk and I had a wreck,'" James said. "I looked at him and I thought 'You're kind of young to be out drinking. And you sure shouldn't be driving.'"

Neither boy was seriously injured in the crash.

County prosecutor Bruce Wilson said that he will charge the 12-year- old boy with drunken driving and several other misdemeanor charges in district and juvenile court in Johnson County.

Wilson said the 12-year-old could face a variety of sanctions ranging from probation, to court-mandated community service and alcohol rehabilitation, to commitment to the state Department of Human Services Division of Youth Services.

Teresa Belew, executive director of the Arkansas chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, said the 12-year-old is the youngest person she's heard of facing a drunken-driving charge in the state.

James bets that both Johnson County boys are grounded for life.

"If not, then they should be," he said. </a>

This boy is clearly an example of the standard we should all try to live up to XD The real question is what 7 year old out there is willing do what this kid has done XD

Flying Mullet
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
This proves that girls you meet at the rodeo are always trouble.

NeoCracker
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm surprised a kid that young made it that far drunk. He's got mad skills. XD

Bunny
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Wonder where the parents were at the time.

rubah
05-19-2008, 09:22 PM
probably drunk in front of the tv. I wonder where hartman is. *google maps*

ooh, about 40 minutes west of here.

Levian
05-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm more worried about this part really:

"Clark James, 46, who lives down the road from the crash site, said he answered the boys' banging at his front door with shotgun in hand about 2:30 a.m."

Flying Mullet
05-19-2008, 09:46 PM
It's Arkansas. What did you expect?

ReloadPsi
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
It's Arkansas America. What did you expect?

DMKA
05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
It's Arkansas America the northern hemisphere. What did you expect?

edczxcvbnm
05-20-2008, 12:02 AM
It's Arkansas America the northern hemisphere people. What did you expect?

Yar
05-20-2008, 12:09 AM
It's Arkansas America the northern hemisphere People., what did you expect?:)

Besides, I want to know how the drunk kid afforded the gas.

Big D
05-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Wonder where the parents were at the time.The parents probably chuckled heartily, slapped him on the back and said, "good work son, you're a man now - everyone goes through this phase and no-one got hurt, so don't listen to anything that stupid judge is going to tell you about 'maturity' and 'remorse'."

Well, probably not exactly like that, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are an awful lot of parents who don't care these days... I remember an incident in my own country a couple of years ago, when a drunk teenager crashed his car - again - and put his girlfriend in hospital. He announced that he intended to drink and drive again, and his mother supported him because he's a 'good boy' and just needs to learn more about drinking.

Shlup
05-20-2008, 01:29 AM
You sure this wasn't a couple of my students? Sounds like something they would do.

I can name four right now that I wouldn't be surprised to see this from. Not a bit surprised.