PDA

View Full Version : SHOWER FAILURE

scrumpleberry
05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Showers. That will not work. My shower is cold. So so cold. I hate it so much. Occasionally it will go hot for 5 seconds to tricks me AND THEN IT GOES COLD AGAIN AS SOON AS I'VE REACHED FOR THE MINTY SHOWER GEL WRYYYYYY :kaocry2:

Also it makes a ringing noise from the sound reverberating around the iron bathtub. I'm not joking.

It also happens to be sheeny shiny brand new. I've nearly lost my voice screaming at the shower in the morning before.

It is safe to say that SHOWERS WHICH FAIL are currently #1 on my list of pet peeves. When I have my own evil empire, I will hire a crack team of plumbers and distribute them throughout my lands. Hell, I'll set up plumbing acadamies and BREEDING PROGRAMMES to make an ultra plumber. Mario doesn't count. He never actually does any plumbing.

SHOWER FAILURE. SHARE MY PAIN. PLEASE? SOMEONE? ANYONE?

Kokichi
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Haha, 'kay.

Before I redid my bathroom, I had this really old, but clean shower head.

And I like to stay in the shower for a long time. My house is constantly cold, due to the air conditioner (haha, bills.)

So I tend to stay in there for about five minutes more than usual.

Well, lately, it had been going cold. It was okay the first time, because I was just washing my hair. I decided to go more quickly next time, to save warm water.

Later that day, shower shower, warm water, yay.

And the ish goes cold in the middle of me washing my hair. Actually, I hadn't even gotten my hands in it yet. I had to sit down in the tub and put my head under the faucet thing in the tub, because the shower was too cold. And cold water is.... <_<;

Screaming like a little girl isn't really my forte, but when Evil Mr. Water comes over and just aggro's on me, I really can't help it.

Ripped off the old shower head (removed, rather), got a new one, and can enjoy warm water again.

But I'm sorry you have to go through that. It sucks. Hard. ;[

Rantz
05-19-2008, 10:46 PM
My shower is perfect. It does exactly what I want it to do.

Tallulah
05-19-2008, 10:58 PM
The themostat in my nan's shower completely went last year, so she had to get a whole new one; it was cheaper than getting the old one fixed.

The only problem I've had with my shower is the join from the hose cracking. I sent a photo of the damage to the landlords, taped up the damage with waterproof duct tape, and it still took them six weeks to fix it! I'm kinda glad I'm leaving this house. :mad:

scrumpleberry
05-19-2008, 10:59 PM
My shower is perfect. It does exactly what I want it to do.

DAMN YOU :cry:

Gogo
05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
My shower failed a while back. My solution? I just smelled bad for a while.

It works fine now, though. :p

Roto13
05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
When I was a teenager our shower was really old and the walls started rotting away and one point I hit it with something (I don't remember what) and the wall fell in and a bunch of ICKY BUGS CAME CRAWLING OUT and I was naked and wet and AAAAAAAARRRRRGGHH!!!!!!

Worst. Shower. Ever.

Cz
05-19-2008, 11:52 PM
When I was a teenager our shower was really old and the walls started rotting away and one point I hit it with something (I don't remember what) and the wall fell in and a bunch of ICKY BUGS CAME CRAWLING OUT and I was naked and wet and AAAAAAAARRRRRGGHH!!!!!!

Worst. Shower. Ever.Oh great. This is going to terrify me forever. :yuck:

DMKA
05-19-2008, 11:54 PM
The shower here sucks. It's way too low and there's virtually no water pressure. It's more like being rained on.

Aerith's Knight
05-20-2008, 12:06 AM
I see failure i must post pic.

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/5/19/f_130m_8351fb9.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/5/19/f_130m_8351fb9.jpg&srv=img33)

crono_logical
05-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Nothing wrong with a cold shower as long as the water pressure is there :p Cold showers are better than hot showers on hot days anyway :p

Vyk
05-20-2008, 12:41 AM
SHARE MY PAIN. PLEASE? SOMEONE? ANYONE? Share a cold shower with scrumples? Bwaha...a..hem

I've had a sickness of sorts lately. Its got my whole body congested. My throat and lungs. Not just my head. So in desperation I took some Mucinex last night to try and clear it up. Then went to bed. Not a good idea. When you sleep mucous comes out your eyes. When you take mucinex and are completely stuffed up and go to sleep. Your eyes BLEED SNOT

I woke up with my eyes wet and couldn't see. I went to wipe them. IT WAS GOOEY .... Not to mention it built up a ton of pressure around my eyes. They've been red puffy and tender all day :[

You clear my stuffy head and I'll loan you my nice warm working shower

rubah
05-20-2008, 01:28 AM
that's like what the dorm showers did, except instead of going cold, they'd go hot! pomfret has lots of hot water apparently x.x;

except that one time the hot water went out and we got to use paper cups and plates at lunch :D

Shlup
05-20-2008, 01:30 AM
I SHARE YOUR PAIN SO HARD!

Our hot water was out for three days a couple of weeks ago. The first day I went to work unshowered, but I would not go to work without showering the next couple of days. And I sure as hell was not about to take a cold shower. So I just sat around in my own filth.

It was miserable.

Relapse
05-20-2008, 12:09 PM
mine's a little too hot sometimes but that's about it.

duckie
05-20-2008, 12:53 PM
If someone uses the bathroom while I'm in the shower abd flushes the toilet, the hot water goes away and is replaced with ICE

Zeldy
05-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Our shower used to be really crap, as it was wired to the kitchen or something, so if we had it on high everything would shut off in the kitchen aswell as the shower, and we'd have to shout for someone to turn the electricity back on.

We got it sorted, though, and it's all re-wired so we can have it on high. It's fine now :jess:

Jess
05-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I have one of those really annoying showers that either go so hot it burns or like ice every time somebody else runs water in the house whilst its on. :kaocry2:

scrumpleberry
05-20-2008, 06:48 PM

Worst. Shower. Ever.Oh great. This is going to terrify me forever. :yuck:

Oh my God, I'm not going to be able to turn my back on the shower wall for a week. Dude, I'm so sorry. I hope they didn't, like, jump up and start gnawing your face?

I see failure i must post pic.

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/5/19/f_130m_8351fb9.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/5/19/f_130m_8351fb9.jpg&srv=img33)

Damn you shower failure! Poor kitty.

The shower here sucks. It's way too low and there's virtually no water pressure. It's more like being rained on.

Oh god I hate that so much :(

Our hot water was out for three days a couple of weeks ago. The first day I went to work unshowered, but I would not go to work without showering the next couple of days. And I sure as hell was not about to take a cold shower. So I just sat around in my own filth.

It was miserable.

I don't mind cold showers if it's by choice. If I'm forced to I will rage. PAIN SHARAGE :(

It's horrible when you can't wash because of SHOWER FAILURE.

Having others bodies in the shower stall will naturally create more heat, har har har.

Ohoho how original and unexpected of you, Nominus

SHARE MY PAIN. PLEASE? SOMEONE? ANYONE? Share a cold shower with scrumples? Bwaha...a..hem

I've had a sickness of sorts lately. Its got my whole body congested. My throat and lungs. Not just my head. So in desperation I took some Mucinex last night to try and clear it up. Then went to bed. Not a good idea. When you sleep mucous comes out your eyes. When you take mucinex and are completely stuffed up and go to sleep. Your eyes BLEED SNOT

I woke up with my eyes wet and couldn't see. I went to wipe them. IT WAS GOOEY .... Not to mention it built up a ton of pressure around my eyes. They've been red puffy and tender all day :[

You clear my stuffy head and I'll loan you my nice warm working shower

Drink some hot water with honeys and lemons. Inhale Olbas oil. Put Olbas oil on your pillow to help you breathe, and lavender to help you sleep. Soup. Television. Quilt. Patience. PAIN SHARAGE :(

Reasoniamalive
05-21-2008, 08:39 AM
The shower at my ma's is RLY bad in the winter. The thing is, it will go from hot-to-cold-to-hot-to-cold...repeatedly......WITHOUT you touching the temperature gauge. >__<

Bad hot water heater???

I had to laugh at my friends the first time they showered there. One friend was still drunk from the night before and had puke in his eye...he was in there saying 'There's schomthing in my eye! OH! Your shower sucksh! XDD;

Peegee
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I had to fix our shower-head several times. So eventually I said fug it and just got a new one.

I now need to get around to installing the hose part so it actually faces the way I point it (the existing head mount is too big so the water pressure pushes the head down. It sucks)

Quindiana Jones
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM

It was miserable.

Wow. I never knew you were such a sissy.

Elly
05-22-2008, 01:14 AM
i live in an apartment and the jerk behind me likes to flush the toilet repeatedly whenever i get into the shower, i think he just likes to hear me scream and cuss and probably finds it funny, though i think it would have stopped being funny 6 months ago...

Vyk
05-22-2008, 01:29 AM
i live in an apartment and the jerk behind me likes to flush the toilet repeatedly whenever i get into the shower, i think he just likes to hear me scream and cuss and probably finds it funny, though i think it would have stopped being funny 6 months ago...

He's secretly in love with you and makes your life miserable through misguided feelings of affection >:}

KoShiatar
05-22-2008, 09:11 AM
When I first came to Germany, I used to live in one of those rooms that are normally rented out to students. The shower was in common, and to get hot water you had to put € 0,50 in a slot and wait for enough hot water to accumulate.
One morning I was working in the morning shift and I forgot to point my alarm clock for the morning, but I was dirty and couldn't go unshowered. COLD SHOWER AT 5.30 IN THE MORNING. Ouch! >.<

$howBiz
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Showers. That will not work. My shower is cold. So so cold. I hate it so much. Occasionally it will go hot for 5 seconds to tricks me AND THEN IT GOES COLD AGAIN AS SOON AS I'VE REACHED FOR THE MINTY SHOWER GEL WRYYYYYY :kaocry2:

Also it makes a ringing noise from the sound reverberating around the iron bathtub. I'm not joking.

It also happens to be sheeny shiny brand new. I've nearly lost my voice screaming at the shower in the morning before.

It is safe to say that SHOWERS WHICH FAIL are currently #1 on my list of pet peeves. When I have my own evil empire, I will hire a crack team of plumbers and distribute them throughout my lands. Hell, I'll set up plumbing acadamies and BREEDING PROGRAMMES to make an ultra plumber. Mario doesn't count. He never actually does any plumbing.

LMFAO!!! your the best :P

$howBiz
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM

safe (Y)

Akaria
05-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Try living with someone for more than a year, and having a cold shower every single day because he gets a horrible, sick pleasure from running all the hot water in the house down the tub drain after he takes his shower.

Such is the plight of the Penny Arcade creators:D My shower's great!

Tallulah
05-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Just found out that I don't HAV a shower in my new place! :eek: Luckily there is a shower attachment, so I can wash my hair.

But I'm getting one ASAP. :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-22-2008, 07:05 PM
The only problem I have is when I get out of the shower and there are no towels anywhere to be found :( I don't know about anyone else, but I think it's REALLY cold if you have to leave the bathroom naked right after a shower.

Ashi
05-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Well my shower fails because it's a bathtube and there are no curtains or a glass door to protect the rest of the bathroom from water. It's ridiculous but I haven't had the time to go and buy curtains / glass door.