PDA

View Full Version : What if Baigan?

Bahamut2000X
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Everytime you get the "Captain of the Royal Guard Baigan joins the party" message I get a little warm fuzzy feeling inside, which is always replaced by sadness when I learn he is a bad guy. I had always hoped and thought it would have been cool if Baigan did in fact join the party.

But I always wondered if Baigan did in fact join the group what would he do? From his looks he's obviously a knight of sorts. And FFIV makes sure even the fighters have SOMEthing other then just 'Fight'. So if Baigan were in the party what do you think his special command(s) would be?

I would say to make him different from Cecil or Kain as fighters they probably would have given him something like a sword technique, much like Cyan from VI only more primitive in design. Something like maybe a Retort ability. Where he would stand still and if attacked would deliver double or triple damage back. And maybe in tandem with that they would give him a more defensive ability. Such as Shield, letting him give protect to a party member.

So what do you all think would be the case is the Captain of the Royal Guard Baigan joined the group?

Yar
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I've always imaged him as a "Gordon" type of man. Almost gladiator like in appearance.

Maybe he could double-wield swords or use greatswords.

Or maybe a "Poison" command. His cobras are HUGE! :p

Heath
05-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Backstab command? :p

The first time I played through the game, I didn't realise that you couldn't see Baigen on the party screen and eagerly awaited that scene the next game to see if he had an entry on the menu screen, only to be very disappointed.

NeoCracker
05-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Clearly the only logical command to gibe Baigan would be "Sodomize with giant Cobras".

Bahamut2000X
05-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Clearly the only logical command to gibe Baigan would be "Sodomize with giant Cobras".

I mean assuming he didn't side with Golbez and get turned into a monster.

fire_of_avalon
05-21-2008, 03:21 AM
He'd be like all the other soldier captains. He could order CHARGE! and RETREAT!

Roogle
05-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Fight
! Charge

Item

! Charge puts a temporary Berserk effect on all characters lasting for the duration of one round. Physical Attack x 1.5

NeoCracker
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM

I mean assuming he didn't side with Golbez and get turned into a monster.

So now your just adding to the rules on me.

This game sucks.