PDA

View Full Version : Plans for summer!

Madame Adequate
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I just finished my last day of university a couple of days ago :kaoclove: So now my lickle Hux brain turns to thoughts of the long summer which stretches before me.

First, I will play videogames.
Then, I will play videogames.
I'm going to volunteer at Oxfam because I am unemployable, so this is the only way to get experience.
I'm thinking I'll play some videogames.

And then in September I'm going to visit our very own Rye-chan, and she'll find out just why Hux > Mr. Wand :bigsmile:

Everyone! I urge you now to put aside your thoughts of superiority and to discuss your plans for the summer, if you have any.

escobert
05-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Liz and I are getting our own place soon. other than that I dunno! it'd be nice to go somewhere for a week or something. Maybe Maine in July :D we're going to get tattoos at the end of june for 6 months :p

qwertysaur
05-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Get a job
Make money
Buy a 360 and some games.

It's foolproof! :D

Vermachtnis
05-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Get a job or something. Mostly set around under a fan and vegitate though and try to cool off. Also, read and play games.

Quindiana Jones
05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
List of things I didn't need to know:
Hux > Mr. Wand

:(

I'll probably just work more to get more cash. Then buy a new TV for my room to make gaming that little bit more awesome.

Sergeant Hartman
05-21-2008, 07:29 PM
get high as a helicopter.

Yar
05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Get a job and try to save some money for college. Even though my grades pay for more than half the tuition, I still will owe $10,000.

Balzac
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Liz and I are getting our own place soon. other than that I dunno! it'd be nice to go somewhere for a week or something. Maybe Maine in July :D we're going to get tattoos at the end of june for 6 months :p

6 months of tattoos, that's going to be painfull :P

I'm going to be working, because my job doesn't have a summer holiday. Well it does, but deadlines and such to meet mean it isn't wise.

Polaris
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
- Steal my bf's ps2 to finish FF12 and KH!
- Go to the beach
- Finishing 3 books
- Hopefully write a new short-story based on DT's album 'Scenes from a Memory'
- Read and speak more german

^^ That's pretty much that! :)

rubah
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
saturday = airplane day

june = french month
july = miss stu
august = miss stu
end of august = kiss stu
:bigsmile:

Marshall Banana
05-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I plan to win Rye's heart once and for all, before you visit her, because I have Mr. Wand and Hello Kitty for her! =O

Also, I'm excited for Tiki and Jeremy to spend time together next month.

Rye
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I think Lamonda and Hux should have a competition to see who makes Rye happiest. :bigsmile:

This summer, I plan on working a proper office job, if I can find one, to save up lots of money.

Then, in September, I'm going to meet up with Huxley for two weeks and I'll be obnoxious and post a million pictures of us together and post them on EoFF. :kaoclove:

Madame Adequate
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I plan to win Rye's heart once and for all, before you visit her, because I have Mr. Wand and Hello Kitty for her! =O

Ah, but whilst that may be a compelling carrot, I offer the stick of severe violence if she ever leaves me! :monster:

Kirobaito
05-21-2008, 08:10 PM
If I am still able, I will drive four hours to go to the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrville_Folk_Festival">Kerrville Folk Festival</a> next week, probably Monday-Wednesday. On Friday, May 30th, I will be going to the Vancouver/Seattle area for a couple of days before going on a cruise with <a href="http://www.travelingtroubadour.com">Traveling Troubadour</a>. It will last a week and feature concerts by two of my favorite artists, Tom Paxton and the Chad Mitchell Trio.

I'll get back on June 10th, and do nothing for a month. Then in July I have to move back to Waco to take Spanish at McLennan Community College. Then in mid-August when that ends I'll come home and do nothing for another month until I leave for Edinburgh.

Rantz
05-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Gonna keep on studyin'

Breine
05-21-2008, 08:28 PM
In the first week of July I'm attending the Roskilde Festival for the 3rd time in a row - I'm very much looking forward to that. Then in the rest of July I'll work one week at the local sports centre, and then three weeks at my current job as a teacher at a sort of kindergarten/after school centre for kids between the ages of 5-10.

In August I'll probably work some more at the sports centre, and then in September I'm leaving home for seven and a half months to go on a trip around the world. Really excited about that!

Gogo
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm seeing Radiohead. Some other stuff will probably happen too, but I've forgotten about most of it because I'm busy thinking about Radiohead.

Fonzie
05-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Work, party with friends, and work some more.

I want a new TV. :(

Avarice-ness
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Well let's see.

Pretend summer starts today:

I saw my husband off to boot camp today.
Until July 5th I'll be sitting at home alone doing nothing but eating, being pregnant and playing Wii.
July 5th, I'll be moving back down to Texas to live with my mom, in which until August 7th I'll be doing nothing but eat, being super fat and pregnant, and playing Wii.
August 7th I go down to see my husband graduate from boot camp and then come back the 9th, in which I'll do nothing but eat, become fatter and more pregnant, and play the Wii.
I do this until September 6th when I'm suppose to have my baby, then after that, I'll be on baby duty and on my off time playing the Wii.

I repeat baby duty and offtime Wii playing until late December, when my husband comes back to move me to where ever we're going to be stationed in which HE goes on baby duty and I sleep while he plays on the Wii in his off time.

Heath
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm working at the moment and will be doing so until mid-August. At which point I've made plans to leave my current job and have some time in the summer to myself. I wanted to do a film project with some of my friends before I head off to university in September, but I don't imagine that'll happen now. So I'm sure I'll be doing some arsing around.

Nice that you'll be volunteering with Oxfam, MILF. I volunteered with the British Red Cross for about 18 months on-off up until last October.

Captain Maxx Power
05-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Work due to being dangerously overdrawn. :(

DMKA
05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh to be back in the days before full time work, when summer was actually different from the rest of the year.

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2008, 12:00 AM
1. Work at the family business
2. Video games
3. Go back to being semi-nocturnal

I have a weird feeling about this summer. I don't think it's going to go as planned.

Aerith's Knight
05-22-2008, 12:03 AM
1. work
2. drink
3. pass out
4. repeat

Doesnt really seem different from my normal life.

Shoeberto
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm seeing Radiohead. Some other stuff will probably happen too, but I've forgotten about most of it because I'm busy thinking about Radiohead.
When/where? I've got my tickets for Indianapolis on August 10th. It's gonna be killer.

I'm also going to see mc chris for the first time on June 2nd in Columbus. Also should be killer.

Other than that, I'm currently job hunting, hopefully a few of my leads will turn into something. Trying to save money because of family stuff so I'm mostly staying in, missing Allie. June is mostly going to suck except for mc chris because we'll have so little time to talk. Lots of video games will probably get played just to take my mind off of it.

Vyk
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I should take a vacation this summer

I Took the Red Pill
05-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Getting a job, getting intoxicated, and enjoying the little time I have left with my friends and family before college rolls around.

Shlup
05-22-2008, 01:14 AM
I will sleep. A lot.

Caraliz
05-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Work work work and hopefully travel, move, get married, etc. ;o

Leen-Leen
05-22-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm going to be in sunny California~ :jess: I'll probably just be chillaxing n' stuff. xD I think I'm going to get CPR training, too.

And then at the end of the summer I'll be moving to To-Ky-O! xD

Cz
05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm going to hang out with my friends a whole lot, play some games, go to some shows, play some guitar, and maybe go abroad somewhere if I'm lucky. There's nothing special about this summer for me, but it's brilliant to have the free time, all the same.

duckie
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
I plan on going to the beach a lot. And SLEEPING IN!!!
and of course playing video games. I have to finish FFXII....

Randgris
05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Aw darn it, summer is almost over here. :crying:

Rye
05-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Plant and cultivate a rather large garden of various vegetables (already underway)
Visit the beach on numerous occasions
Visit Seattle
Get a job that pays 11 or more per hour
Earn my motorcycle license and endorsement
Purchase a used Kawasaki Ninja 500R 1994 - ?
Survive inevitable 100+ mph crash(es) on said motorcycle
Various piercings in, well, various areas...
Finish my novella
Build a hammock on the cliff near where my girlfriend and I will be living this summer
Learn how to make LSD
Attempt airbrushing
Learn a new language (currently pondering Norwegian and Japanese)
Try peyote
Create a plaster sculpture with my girlfriend
Attempt to become flexible - or at the very least, more than what I currently am.
Concoct sweet, quite spicy salsa from ripe tomatoes and peppers from our garden
Decide on a place to live long-term (we were thinking Norway, but it seems far too chill for us)
Figure out why I am pondering marriage and what I should do about it...

I like the way you plan.

Rocket Edge
05-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I'll plan it as if it was one big party. Going to Boston soon, with my girlfriend and some friends, partying to the majority! We'll be traveling a bit, to New York, Vegas & Florida. Then back in time for a massive festival taking place in my town, where for a full week everyone plays music everywhere and all the streets are closed so you can drink anywhere. Lots of BBQS, alcohol, and playing sports in between, but overall i'm just in it to have a laugh.

I've had great summers so far, can't wait for Summer 2008! Oh yeah, also can't wait for the tunes to roll in.

Zeldy
05-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Study for my GCSEs some more, and then just drink and dance the nights away. There are loads of free festivals and concerts at Summer, SUCCESS. Me and my friend are also getting some fake ID and hitting the night-life. :cool:

Sergeant Hartman
05-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Me and my friend are also getting some fake ID and hitting the night-life. :cool:
Back in the day!

Ashi
05-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Work. Definately taking some time off to go on a trip to the UK and France. What happens after that will determine how soon I can get back to work.

Gogo
05-23-2008, 10:52 AM
When/where? I've got my tickets for Indianapolis on August 10th. It's gonna be killer.I shouldn't have posted this in the Phantom account. Oh well. :p

Victoria Park, London on June 25th. And yes, it will be killer.

duckie
05-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Aw darn it, summer is almost over here. :crying:

*comfort*:greenie:

Jess
05-23-2008, 02:59 PM
June:
Work
Finish College
Spend time with that one guy
Watch the Euros and moan about England not qualifying

July:
Work
Kelvedon Festival (Work on the bar)
Barbecues
Beach
Driving adventures

August:
Repeat July minus Kelvedon Festival
Go and see Newcastle United?
Go to Edinburgh to meet with Towns, Danielle, Paul and Levian? :jess:

Oh, and possibly moving back to Newcastle? but I don't know how soon that'll be. :jess:

Tallulah
05-24-2008, 12:42 AM
-Work
-Work
-Buy shower
-Work
-Buy washing machine
-Work some more.

Dr. Acula
05-24-2008, 02:24 AM
I'll be at school, as it is winter over here.:cry:

Levian
05-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Go to Edinburgh to meet with Towns, Danielle, Paul and Levian? :jess:

Hellz yeah.

Outside working every day from 8-16 that is my only plan for this summer. :mog:

Værn
05-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Still waiting for news on when and where Armageddon is going to ensue. l don't really have any plans at all aside from that, assuming I'm able to go.

The midwest Armageddon thread has been pushed back to page four; is it still happening?

theundeadhero
05-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh to be back in the days before full time work, when summer was actually different from the rest of the year.Yeah, I know. I'm happy as a schoolboy every time I get a 4-day weekend.

I accomplished some of your goals by beating FF12 last night.

duckie
05-26-2008, 12:39 AM
I accomplished some of your goals by beating FF12 last night.

My data on that game just got corrupted. 55 hours LOST.