PDA

View Full Version : ReBoot

Shlup
05-22-2008, 03:15 AM
I've been all about this (http://www.reboot.com/) countdown for the last seven days. Every time I think about it my toes start to wiggle.

I loved ReBoot. Can't wait to see it done with current technology.

Anyone on board with my glee?

ETA: It's a 2010 movie, btw.

Vyk
05-22-2008, 03:23 AM
@_@ Why have I not heard about this sooner?? I was a religious fan of the original. Though unfortunately I never knew when it was on. The channel and time kept changing. But I soaked up any and all marathons when they happened. Until Cartoon Network finally picked it up and I caught most of the series. Adored it

The company went on to create a show with a similar feel. I think it was called Shadow Raiders. Some planetary exploration show. It was on HBO or Showtime or something. I watched it at my brother's sometimes. I forget what the company is called. But they sure know how to make good shows

I dunno what this new ReBoot thing is all about. But I can't wait to find out :D :D

Shoeberto
05-22-2008, 03:46 AM
Whaaaaaaaat

I wish I'd known about this sooner. Or maybe later so I didn't have to wait so long :(

Vermachtnis
05-22-2008, 03:51 AM
That's awesome! I wonder if it's a movie or new series. I used to watch all the time on Toonami.

Roto13
05-22-2008, 03:52 AM
OH SNAPS!

I used to love ReBoot when I was a kid! I've seen every episode, like, ten times.

"My format, guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my new-found friends. Their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies."

*cue kickass opening them song*

"They say the user lives outside the network, and inputs games for pleasure. No one knows for sure, but I intend to find out!" (They never did...)

"Reboot!"

Shlup needs to switch to a Hexadecimal avatar, imo.

Shlup
05-22-2008, 03:54 AM
FYI: If you look it up on IMDB, it's a movie scheduled for release in 2010. Guess I should've mentioned that.

Peegee
05-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Ah, childhood memories.

Reboot is the win.

Roto13
05-22-2008, 04:00 AM
FYI: If you look it up on IMDB, it's a movie scheduled for release in 2010. Guess I should've mentioned that.

That's a year and a half too far away. :(

Montoya
05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I used to love this show, though by the end it got too confusing.
The Mortal Kombat-like episode=Yes.

Tasura
05-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Man, I loved this show, then it got weird, I still liked it, but it was weird. I even bought the PS1 game, not the best game, or even a good game, but it's ReBoot.

Gogo
05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I've been hearing rumours about this for a while, but I thought they were just that, rumours. I'm glad something's finally come of it, but 2010? :(

Serapy
05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
What? You can't wait to ReBoot your computer when the count down tick 2010?

Oh wait..

Have never heard of it anyway, but I can't wait to watch TS3 and MK3 and ironically enough, they are both to be released in 2010 as well.

Peegee
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Now this is a franchaise from my youth I can agree with. None of this He-man, speed racer, dragonball z nonsense.

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't know. If they do it based on the story line from the last season when it all got stupid and Enzo was a huge man and Andrea had huge boobs in a bikini and it just got so ... ugh. The last season really sucked a whole lot.

I will hold out hope for the best, though.

White Raven
05-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Amazing news!

I loved that show, got the one DVD there is of it (of Season 4) and the rest of the episodes on my PC. I loved Hack and Slash the most :D

(Proud that it's Canadian too :))

JKTrix
05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
There was something on this website (http://www.zeros2heroes.com/) in the middle of last year. It presented a 5 different plot/world ideas with a hint of the art style for each, and had the users of the site vote for which one they liked the most. This whole ReBoot...reboot is very, very fan-driven, and Zeros 2 Heroes is the one facilitating all of the fan input. They're focused on making the comic version first, and whether or not the 'winning' comic translates into the movie is not guaranteed, but they are still depending on feedback and suggestions from fans of the series.

Rainmaker Animation (formerly called Mainframe Entertainment)--the original creators--are handling the movie itself. It is going to be a trilogy.

If you like, you can see the 5 pitches here:
Zeros 2 Heroes - The People's Publisher - ReBoot Launcher (http://www.zeros2heroes.com/content/view/87/200/)

The one that 'Won' and is currently being made into a comic is 'Arrival'.

Slothy
05-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I honestly hope this has nothing to do with the remaking of Reboot. Although I will admit that the Arrival pitch sounds like the best of them all, none of them particularly interested me. And for the record, I loved the last season. I'm always impressed when a show is willing to upend the status quo and do something completely unexpected. Reboot just happened to do it well at the same time.

KentaRawr!
05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I can barely remember that show, but I loved watching it. I remember when that one kid tried to win against a Devil in some fighting game and lost. ...

Or am I just remembering it wrong?

JKTrix
05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
That was one of the biggest moments in the series for me.

Spoilers (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aavAnxFdQlI)

Shoeberto
05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't know. If they do it based on the story line from the last season when it all got stupid and Enzo was a huge man and Andrea had huge boobs in a bikini and it just got so ... ugh. The last season really sucked a whole lot.

I will hold out hope for the best, though.
What. The last season was awesome.
They surfed the internet. And had a big opera at the end. It was great!

Roto13
05-22-2008, 11:31 PM
That wasn't the last season, that was the second last season. :P The last season had Sprite Hexadecimal and two Bobs and Austin Powers and all kinds of neat stuff. And it ended in a CLIFFHANGER that is yet to be resolved, so the movie(s) hopefully will deal with that.

And it's spelled "AndrAIa" xP

DMKA
05-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't hear about this before this thread...I'm speechless from excitement.

Mind providing some evidence of this?

Araciel
05-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Hexadecimal=I will love it.

Shlup
05-23-2008, 02:25 AM

I did. Read moar, then make demands, honky.

DMKA
05-23-2008, 02:45 AM

I did. Read moar, then make demands, honky.

Sorry. tl;dr.

Rostum
05-23-2008, 02:59 AM
I loved ReBoot when I was a kid, and will see this no matter how crap it is.

Ishin Ookami
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't hear about this before this thread...I'm speechless from excitement.

you can view the episode details here (http://www.tv.com/reboot/show/2138/episode_guide.html?season=4&tag=season_dropdown;dropdown;3)

and they did release the eight episodes of season 4 onto a DVD. you can find that on amazon or ebay.

Season 4 focused on the invasion of Damon, the consequences of Bob merging with the Damaged glitch, the growing romance between Bob and Dot, the complications that occur when a second Bob shows up, apparently a copy, and the Return of Megabyte from the web, and his origins as a character.

Basically it ends on a cliffhanger, with Megabyte basically declaring war on all of Mainframe after capturing half the main cast. So fans have been eager for years to get that cliffhanger resolved. Hopefully that is what we will finally get.

Captain Maxx Power
05-23-2008, 04:52 PM
ReBoot was amazing. It had a really great mix of pop culture, action and drama while at the same time being accessible for kids and adults alike. I'm really looking forward to any new movie that comes out.

fire_of_avalon
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
That wasn't the last season, that was the second last season. :P The last season had Sprite Hexadecimal and two Bobs and Austin Powers and all kinds of neat stuff. And it ended in a CLIFFHANGER that is yet to be resolved, so the movie(s) hopefully will deal with that.

And it's spelled "AndrAIa" xP

Whatever! I didn't like sprite Hexadecimal and I hated what happened to her.

Shoeberto
05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Wait, I remember that now.

I just think when Toonami aired it I only caught some parts so I assumed that all came before all the Matrix stuff and the big opera.

Maybe I should check out the old show from the beginning!

chaos_ghost
05-24-2008, 06:13 AM
I was happy when I first heard this, but then I got sad because it reminded me of my Enzo shirt that got ripped last year.:( But overall, I can't wait to see this.

ReloadPsi
05-24-2008, 09:38 AM
I never watched this. Now I've got to check it out. Great.

Dolentrean
05-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Wait... How did I not see this! I used to watch ReBoot Every day before Beast Wars! This has me as gitty and antsy as... as, I don't know, Richard Simmons or something...

Roto13
05-29-2008, 05:34 AM
21 hours, 56 minutes left in the timer as of this post. :P

DMKA
05-30-2008, 05:38 AM
21 minutes guys. :excited:

Roto13
05-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Stuff is happening!

Or maybe not. It says "Binomes at work" (<3) and has been "loading" for like ten minutes. >_>

DMKA
05-30-2008, 06:08 AM
HURRY UP BINOMES. x(

Dynast-Kid
05-30-2008, 07:07 AM
I VERY VERY vaguely remember this show...I don't think I was very into it much though.

Sounds like it was alot better than I remember! But I was like, 7 during the last season.

JKTrix
05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Stuff happened. There is very little info about the movie, and it's mostly about the comic stuff I mentioned earlier.

Roto13
05-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I read the comic. Not bad. I'm kind of curious to see what happens next. The ending was kind of disappointing, though. Killing Megabyte in the first issue? For real?