PDA

View Full Version : Give the lonely pregnant lady her ice cream!

Avarice-ness
05-22-2008, 04:51 AM
Seriously, I'm just downing a like.. a gallon bucket thing of Cookies and Cream ice cream because I'm bored and I'm lonely.

My husband left for boot camp and basically I'm drowning my loneliness in ice cream.

Sure the baby loves it but OMG I'm going to be fat, and not even because of the baby!

So~

What do you do when you're lonely? What do you do when you're sad?

Do you eat? Draw? Dance around? Come on EoFF and post alot more than normal?

Big D
05-22-2008, 05:10 AM
I'd say you're fully entitled to a few craving-induced binges:)

When I'm lonely or sad, I do tend to eat more than usual. 'Comfort food' like biscuits, potato chips, chocolate, fried chicken... not all the time, of course, just as an occasional self-indulgent snack. Such periods are usually accompanied by video games, movies, or internet-based time wastage.

Jojee
05-22-2008, 05:13 AM
When I'm sad, I go out or do something all-consuming on the internet like play RO :p Last time period I was really sad I went out a ton, stopped being so damn lazy, and really got my life in order, haha.

Mmm ice cream binges. xD

Namelessfengir
05-22-2008, 05:19 AM
anime, anger, pick on the cat, find something on the internet to distract me

Avarice-ness
05-22-2008, 05:39 AM
I'd say you're fully entitled to a few craving-induced binges:)

If it were only a few. xD This morning my sister was asking me what I wanted for breakfast and then my neice wanted a snack and she said she had ice cream sandwiches. ... So yeah, my breakfast was like three ice cream sandwiches and some sour cream and onion chips... but not all at once. :D

Akaria
05-22-2008, 05:49 AM
If I'm sad to the point where it affects what I do, I either sleep or go on a walk, trading off doing both until I feel better and listening to music the entire time. Enigma is good for sleeping and A Perfect Circle is good for walking and thinking. I usually don't eat when I'm sad, so I suppose I lose my appetite...

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Chocolate, perhaps in the form of ice cream. Sing (horribly) to sad music. Mope around. Sleep. Think a lot. Be unfocused. Try to distract myself. Find people to talk to. Eat more comfort food. Sometimes do not eat. Worry. A lot of things.

Momiji
05-22-2008, 06:38 AM
I heard that if a pregnant woman eats way too much of the same thing during pregnancy, the child is likely to dislike that kind of food. If that is true, it would explain why I don't like popcorn. (My mom said she craved popcorn every night when she was pregnant with me.)

Aerith's Knight
05-22-2008, 06:46 AM
This behaviour does not only relate to pregnant people.. or if it does.. Im in big trouble.

I usually just sulk.. its awsome.

Roto13
05-22-2008, 06:49 AM
You know what craving you should get? Potato chips and chocolate at the same time. It's awesome.

Miriel
05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
When I'm feeling lonely, I indulge in as many romance dramas or comedies as I can. I know that sounds counter-productive, but it really helps.

Try watching some Bridge Jones or Pride and Prejudice. That always perks me up.

Shoeberto
05-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I try to do something creative, sometimes.

They're always pretty bad in retrospect, but it's helpful at the time.

Momiji
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
You know what craving you should get? Potato chips and chocolate at the same time. It's awesome.

I totally dipped a barbeque-flavored potato chip in chocolate pudding once. It sounds gross, but it was actually a very interesting flavor. It's something you should at least try once. :3

rubah
05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
when I'm lonely, I try to occupy myself;

when I'm sad I wallow

Vyk
05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I lose my appetite...

I try to do something creative

when I'm lonely, I try to occupy myself;

when I'm sad I wallow

This stuff

Breine
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM

I totally dipped a barbeque-flavored potato chip in chocolate pudding once. It sounds gross, but it was actually a very interesting flavor. It's something you should at least try once. :3

Ew, you guys are so disgusting..! :P

Anyway, I listen to music or maybe watch a good movie or something.

duckie
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Sounds like someone needs a hug!!! :heart:

When I'm lonely, I listen to music to make myself feel even more sad. Ya, I know, it's wierd.

Jess
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I either sleep it off or meet up with a friend. :jess:

Marshall Banana
05-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Tiki always makes me feel better.

KentaRawr!
05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I don't ever really feel lonely. I'm accustomed to mole-hood. :3

Speaking of being pregnant and eating certain foods, though, my Mom tells me she ate the most Taco Bell when she was pregnant with me.

Aerith's Knight
05-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I either sleep it off or meet up with a friend. :jess:

Why not combine the two? :bigsmile:

I had some Ben & Jerry's last night.. it was awsome.

Avarice-ness
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM

They actually sell those at the candy store here.... But I've yet to have wanted to try it.

And really, I'm not having weird cravings. I -love- corn and potatoes though, like I'd be more content with a giant bowl of corn and some french fries than anything else.
Those and... popsicles. =x

Randgris
05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Uhm you shouldn't really eat a lot of junk now. You should eat healthy for the baby. I read that being overweight increases chances of hving eclampsia. Just be careful of what you intake.

Avarice-ness
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Uhm you shouldn't really eat a lot of junk now. You should eat healthy for the baby. I read that being overweight increases chances of hving eclampsia. Just be careful of what you intake.

Pre-eclampsia, about 80% of the time is noticed before the eclampsia so usually they are in the hospital in pre-eclampsia and the only reasons they might go into full blown eclampsia is because the baby is not developed enough to deliever and they tried to hold the birth off.

And actually the baby's weight is fine. I'm actually still gaining weight at the -perfect- rate, meaning that the only real weight I'm putting on is in my tummy. I was in the good BMI before I got pregnant and I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be for someone who was in good health that is pregnant. AKA, I have yet to explode in fat. <3

Either way, you may not believe this but when you're a pregnant woman, craving's come first. I might have a popscicle then two minutes later make a salad or a sandwich. I have my cravings and my health. <3

Rye
05-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I feel lonely pretty often. I talk to my boyfriend all of the time, but since we're apart until September, I feel so far away from him. I don't have many, if not any, close friends in real life. I have a lot of friends, but none I can really relate to as well as I can to my friends online. I think part of that may be because I crave mature open-minded people, and my High School is full of the opposite.

I read, I go to Starbucks, I listen to music. If all else fails, and I'm really depressed, I sleep, a lot.

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
RE: Pregnancy cravings...

You're probably tired of advice but here's some more! Look at what you're craving and think about it's nutritional content. Likely you don't want ice cream but you body has been deprived of something IN ice cream. A lot of pregnant women (before the advent of pre-natal vitamins, of course) in my family recall having very strong cravings for dirt and grass just because of the smells. My best friend (who is about 7 months along) also has dirt cravings sometimes. Probably due to lack of iron.

So yeah.

Anyway, I sleep or mope.

Tallulah
05-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm used to being alone, but sometimes I just have the TV on for company. As I don't have a TV in my room, I often fall asleep watching/listening to internet videos.

When I'm sad, I tend to watch films or DVDs that will cheer me up. Last time I came from a really bad night out I watched my Mighty Boosh DVD. Did the same tonight as I was exhausted and stressed after sorting out the stuff for my new house.

Roto13
05-22-2008, 09:59 PM

You're probably tired of advice but here's some more! Look at what you're craving and think about it's nutritional content. Likely you don't want ice cream but you body has been deprived of something IN ice cream. A lot of pregnant women (before the advent of pre-natal vitamins, of course) in my family recall having very strong cravings for dirt and grass just because of the smells. My best friend (who is about 7 months along) also has dirt cravings sometimes. Probably due to lack of iron.

So yeah.

Women are... weird. >_>

Rantz
05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I just had this mental image of foa running outside sprightly and starting to graze the grass with a wild appetite.

Caraliz
05-22-2008, 10:37 PM
When I'm sad or lonely I cry or sleep.

My period's a week late and I'm having cravings for taco bell :(

crono_logical
05-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I find I eat less when I'm alone :D

Avarice-ness
05-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I find I eat less when I'm alone :D

I realized I do that too.

'Cept now that's not good because I have a baby in me who likes to eat. xD

As for cravings... I dunno what's in Ice cream that I'm not getting enough of. I prefer frozen snacks over like snack foods, so really that's one of my main reasons for wanting Ice cream and popscicles.

And I don't even want to think of me thinking "mmm dirt!" xD

Peegee
05-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Deja vu. Did you down a bucket of iced cream earlier and poast about it?

When I'm lonely I go to public places. I'm never sad.

An escapist thing to do when I'm really upset is to go to bed. This is to avoid NON ISSUES like a crappy attack of hormones or somesuch thing.

strawberryman
05-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Anyway, I sleep or mope.
^

Montoya
05-23-2008, 06:55 AM
I keep refreshing my myspace. :cry:

duckie
05-23-2008, 01:06 PM
This thread makes me depressed! Too many lonely people!!!

fire_of_avalon
05-23-2008, 01:19 PM

So yeah.

Women are... weird. >_>
Well, men can suffer from this too. All people can. It's called PICA. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder))

SammieBabe
05-23-2008, 03:31 PM
In both of my pregnancies, I craved meats. With the older brat, I ate the hell out of beef jerky. The younger brat, I wanted buffalo wings everyday.
Foa is right, cravings usually stem from your body needing something. If you want something, its okay to eat it! Your body is wanting it for the baby and for a reason.
If you're worried about weight gain, try to do a little exercise. I found walking and swimming helped me. I would swim at my apt. complex and go walk the mall. Walking will also help with labor when you're later in your pregnancy.
Sour Cream and Onion chips and Dr. Pepper are my comfort foods.

If you have any ??'s or wanna talk Avarice-ness, lemme know..:)