PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop error

Roto13
05-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm using Photoshop CS3 and I'm having a pretty big problem with it. It can't open PSD files. :P When I try, I get an error message that says "Could not completel your request because of a program error."

Any ideas besides reinstalling it? (It'll take me a while to, er... find the disc it came on and reinstall it. I can do it, but if there's another way I'd prefer that. xP)

Arc_Master_14
05-23-2008, 01:07 AM
(It'll take me a while to, er... find the disc it came on and reinstall it. I've not heard of this problem and all I can say is, ...er find the disc. I lost my "disk" too

rubah
05-23-2008, 03:48 AM
vista hates you. Did you google that error? These people say installing a printer helps.
Photoshop CS3 in Vista - "Could not complete your request because of a program error" - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum! (http://forums.vr-zone.com/blog.php?b=363)
also Adobe Photoshop CS3 Error message? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080510104009AAQdhBs)

Momiji
05-23-2008, 04:09 AM
Are these errors guaranteed? I'm using the same 'disk' Rhody mentioned and I use Vista as well. :3

Roto13
05-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Give me back my disc.

Actually, the one I pointed you is my... other disc that I'm looking for and haven't used yet. I used another disc originally.

EDIT: Yay, it worked! Thank you, rubah.

Momiji
05-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Give me back my disc.

Actually, the one I pointed you is my... other disc that I'm looking for and haven't used yet. I used another disc originally.

Well that's what I meant. Let's just say I'm 'ordering' the same 'disk' that Rhody is 'ordering'. :p

Momiji
05-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Okay, sorry to doublepost, but this is a separate issue that still has to do with Photoshop. I've...ehh... 'bought' two different copies of CS3 and they both make everything open in Photoshop! I click any shortcut (which has had its icon changed to the Photoshop 'Ps' logo), and it opens Photoshop! There was no way to fix it to shut it off other than uninstalling. What should I do? Is there a way to correct this, or should I just search for an older version of Photoshop?

crono_logical
05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Didn't we solve this over IM the other day? :p

For the benefit of others, I think the issue was he wasn't selecting advanced/custom options during installation to get it to ask him what file types it should be opening rather than the default of everything :p

Momiji
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Yes, we did solve this over IM, but that was after I posted in here.

Anyway, CS3 did not work out for me, so I got CS2...and it's doing the same thing!

Help meeeee~ ;-;