PDA

View Full Version : Oh PLEASE no

Momiji
05-23-2008, 03:13 AM
I am never watching FOX again unless That 70's Show reruns are on. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/stv-fox-cleveland-show-video,0,5183429.story)

DMKA
05-23-2008, 03:14 AM
OLD NEWS IS OOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Seriously. And if you didn't stop watching Fox when American Dad was shat onto the network I don't see why this would make you stop.

Shlup
05-23-2008, 03:16 AM
A family of bears?! LOL xD

Momiji
05-23-2008, 03:16 AM
I never heard of it until now, actually.

And no, I never watch FOX unless That 70's Show is on. I just couldn't think of something to use as filler so my link wouldn't be a URL.

DMKA
05-23-2008, 03:18 AM
A family of bears?! LOL xD

Yeah, that confused the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of me.

Jessweeee♪
05-23-2008, 03:28 AM
EH?!

Big D
05-23-2008, 04:26 AM
How in God's name are they going to manage an entire series about, of all people, Cleveland?

I can't see the video that's meant to be in that article, but the words spoke loudly enough for me. American Dad suffers from being way too close to Family Guy in its content and style; so how are they going to wring originality out of a direct Family Guy spinoff?

Yar
05-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Seth Macfarlane once again proves how you can make one idea three shows.

"But it's not a dog, it's an alien this time! It's different!"

Can people stop watching this **** show we can get real shows back on TV?

DMKA
05-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Seth Macfarlane once again proves how you can make one idea three shows.

"But it's not a dog, it's an alien this time! It's different!"

Can people stop watching this **** show we can get real shows back on TV?

Define "real shows" please.

Yar
05-23-2008, 05:25 AM

God, you're being a real hard-ass tonight, aren't you?

FOX doesn't need more and more terrible programming. They've had several jewels in the past, such as Arrested Development, but they would much rather market shows based shows whose plots are so bad they must divert from the main story for a quick, cheap laugh.

I'm sure Macfarlane could make a good sketch show. Maybe even animate it. At least THAT would be unique...

DMKA
05-23-2008, 05:28 AM

God, you're being a real hard-ass tonight, aren't you?

FOX doesn't need more and more terrible programming. They've had several jewels in the past, such as Arrested Development, but they would much rather market shows based shows whose plots are so bad they must divert from the main story for a quick, cheap laugh.

I'm sure Macfarlane could make a good sketch show. Maybe even animate it. At least THAT would be unique...

Actually, my point was, as long as a substancial number of people are entertained, what the hell difference does it make?

Yes, Family Guy is a massive pile of fail. Still, you can't deny how many people adore it. And if that doesn't make it "real" I'm not exactly sure what would.

Yar
05-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Actually, my point was, as long as a substancial number of people are entertained, what the hell difference does it make?

Yes, Family Guy is a massive pile of fail. Still, you can't deny how many people adore it. And if that doesn't make it "real" I'm not exactly sure what would.

And I was using sarcasm. It's just more evidence that http://forums.eyesonff.com/feedback-forum/117382-we-need-sarcasm-smilie.html
My dad likes to watch FG. However, my dad also likes to get high a lot.

Breine
05-23-2008, 09:25 AM

One of Fox's new shows is the newest show created by Joss Whedon, "Dollhouse". I'm sure it's gonna be quality TV, just like everything else he's made.

Captain Maxx Power
05-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm a fan of Family Guy, but I don't see how this is ever going to work. If they were going to make a spin-off it should have been with Quagmire. Cleveland by comparison is just insanely boring and I audibly sigh whenever he has a line in the show.