PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Confirmed for PS3

Gilghamut
05-23-2008, 04:08 AM
It's been rumored for a while, but it's finally going to happen.

N4G.com : PSM3: BioShock PS3 confirmed (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-148348.aspx)

ETA:

From CVG: The next issue of UK PlayStation mag PSM3 promises a lengthy preview of the PS3 version along with a depth charge of screenshots.

There's about 9 other sources in that link.

Croyles
05-23-2008, 04:12 AM
Yeah, was gonna post this. Would be kinda cool with updated graphics and all for me, but EGM (where it sourced) hasnt got the best track record of rumours, so im gonna wait for an official source.

Would be quite sweet though!

DMKA
05-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Hrrrm, I already have it on Xbox 360. The Orange Box on PS3 is the worst version of it.

Signs point to fail.

Croyles
05-23-2008, 04:16 AM
Huh?

Vyk
05-23-2008, 04:18 AM
PS3 is unWORTHY

But whatever :]

Big D
05-23-2008, 04:35 AM
The Orange Box on PS3 is the worst version of it.
I'm curious, what makes it worse? I'd really like to know, since I plan on getting a PS3 sometime, and the Orange Box is currently near the top of my must-buy list.

Roto13
05-23-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm curious, what makes it worse? I'd really like to know, since I plan on getting a PS3 sometime, and the Orange Box is currently near the top of my must-buy list.

People were having problems. I think they might have been patched out, though. I'm not sure. I have Portal for PC. :P

This is good news for me because I really wanted to play Bioshock, but I don't want to get an Xbox. xP

DMKA
05-23-2008, 04:54 AM

It has incredibly terrible frame rate issues.

KentaRawr!
05-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Why not just get the PC version? After all, you have a PC.

Big D
05-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Why not just get the PC version? After all, you have a PC.A laptop, but I'd need to check whether its specs are actually capable of handling Portal. Somehow I doubt it.

Besides, I detest WASD movement controls. Using three fingers and four buttons to do the work of one analogue thumbstick, only to have them do a worse job... pain in the butt. And the wrist.

Shoeberto
05-23-2008, 05:41 AM
It takes a pretty beefy PC to run, so if you're not a PC enthusiast it might be more convenient just to get it on console.

KentaRawr!
05-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Making the game look like nothing but a miserable pile of secrets dung normally makes it run smoothly on our low-end PC, but it didn't work out quite as well on our low-end laptop. I guess the console version is the way to go.

Big D
05-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Yup, that's my plan - if I'm going to get the console anyway, I might as well get my preferred games on it. Rather than wasting extra cash on building a PC that's comparable in specs, but guaranteed to become redundant much faster...

Roto13
05-23-2008, 06:13 AM
You could try running a pirated version just to see if it works before buying it. I know a guy. :P

Big D
05-23-2008, 06:32 AM
I could simply borrow it off my flatmate too:p But first, I'll need to get my new hard drive. That's happening next week. The Orange Box needs at least 20 gigs, but that's the same size as the entirety of my current HDD...

Roto13
05-23-2008, 06:59 AM
If your laptop came standard with a 20 gig hard drive, chances of... pretty much anything made in the last five years running on it are kind of slim, I'm afraid. xD

Dreddz
05-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I already own it on 360 but this is great for alot of PS3 owners. I just hope this wont be some tease to PS3 owners as Bioshock 2 cant be exclusive to PC and 360 when its released, thats just unfair.

Gogo
05-23-2008, 10:31 AM
This is good news. The PS3 could use a couple more weapons in the console war, and this is a good addition to its software library. Now, let's just hope they don't botch the port.

Slothy
05-23-2008, 02:01 PM

People were having problems. I think they might have been patched out, though. I'm not sure. I have Portal for PC. :P

It did have a lot of problems, but it has been patched. I have it on the PC though since I can rarely stand using anything other than a keyboard and mouse in an FPS.

Anyway, this is good news for PS3 owners that can't play this on the PC. Oddly enough I hae a limited edition PC copy sitting downstairs that has never been opened or played. Maybe when I finally get my new desktop assembled.

Rase
05-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, already beaten the game three times on PC (going on fourth) and once on 360, so can't say I really care. All you who haven't been able to play it yet though, you're in for a blast. Sucks you've had to wait year to have it though.

Croyles
05-23-2008, 04:43 PM
This game was apparently originally planned to also come on the PS3, but couldnt in the end.