PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Main Character

Vermachtnis
05-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Forget the other people on the team. Just focus on the leader. Fighter is the leader of the FFI squad just because. And I could decide who's the main character of FFVI, but besides that vote on your Top 5. FFVI can only get one vote even if Terra, Locke, and Celes are better then the others :tongue:

My Top 5

5 - Vaan
He gets bonus points for the whole scene in the forest. The way demanded answers all the way to when he asked how old Fran is. I never laughed so hard at Final Fantasy character before. Plus not to mention he almost never dies in battle.

4 - Butz
Cause he's the Butz and his team for most of the came consisted of him and 3 females.

3 - Celes
She was pretty much a staple in my team from the moment I got her to the very end. Her ability saved me a couple times.

2 - Cecil
Went from Dark Knight to a Palidin. Had some crushing revalations, saved the world, the underworld, and the moon and still got married. He deserves a medal.

1 - Ramza
Forget what I said about Cecil. Ramza deserves a medal. For all he did and got nothing.

Vivisteiner
05-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Whoops, I only voted for one.

And, shock horror, it was Zidane.

Bolivar
05-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Whoops, I only voted for one.

And, shock horror, it was Zidane.

Surprise!

Anyway, I voted for Cloud...he was complex and the gamer basically had control over his personality for the first half of the game.

Dr. Acula
05-24-2008, 01:48 AM
I voted for everyone because I could. :D
In all seriousness, though, my favourite is Cloud.

Jessweeee♪
05-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Tidus is my favorite n.n

Bahamut2000X
05-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Cecil is probably my top favorite because I enjoyed FF IV as a whole and I really liked how he is one of the only characters in the whole series to drastically change. He goes from being a Dark Knight to a Paladin so your way to fight with him changes a bit. But not to mention just that he goes through quite a bit of conflict and was the first TRUE main character of a Final Fantasy (having a name, lot's of dialog, and a personality/character which Firion lacked in several areas).

Although I also enjoyed Zidane because he wasn't like any hero before. He didn't wield a sword, he wasn't the big tough fighter type. He wasn't "I'm too bad ass for even myself", he was funny, he was a truly caring person, and a thief. All of which made for a unique character and a fun play through. Zidane is one of the few main characters I don't wish I could kick out of the party.

Relapse
05-24-2008, 04:55 AM
cecil and locke. idk why i just like them out of the rest :/

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Squall for being the most realistic lead, and the one most people can relate to the most. Everyone goes through that period of their life, and some people never leave it. He wasn't emo, he just had a negative outlook. He never expected anything, and therefore couldn't be disappointed. If you expect other people to fail, it isn't a surprise when they do.

THE JACKEL

ReloadPsi
05-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I was only able to pick three, and would you believe they were the overall top three anyway? Terra, Zidane and Cecil.

Crap, shoulda voted Fighter too.

Vivisteiner
05-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I dont get people saying Squall is the most realistic. To me he always seemed pretty unrealistic whereas Zidane seemed more natural. Tidus too, although his voice acting kinda spoiled that.

I guess we all have different perceptions on realism. Not that I believe realism is necessarily a good thing. It is Final Fantasy after all.

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I dont get people saying Squall is the most realistic. To me he always seemed pretty unrealistic whereas Zidane seemed more natural. Tidus too, although his voice acting kinda spoiled that.

I guess we all have different perceptions on realism. Not that I believe realism is necessarily a good thing. It is Final Fantasy after all.

Well my question to you is, what about Squall was unrealistic? I can't think of a single thing about him that couldn't be associated with a real person (ignoring the battle system with drawing magic and GF junctions, based on his personality)

THE JACKEL

Snap Jumper
06-05-2008, 06:58 PM
My votes were Terra, Cecil, and Zidane. Terra is a killing machine and a strong mage all in one; Zidane always keeps me amused in FF9; and Cecil is the best leader.

Obsidian
06-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I picked Benjamin.

His WTF-shoulder-shrugs and confused-but-I'll-go-with-it-anyway attitude reminds me of myself when my friends are sitting around playing D&D, talking about "moon babies" and creating stupid sounding fantasy names like "Elektra Xehelis". :rolleyes2

Depression Moon
06-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Zidane is the one for me and I'm surprised that he's winning so far, I thought everyone would jump on the Cloud train just because he's from VII. I like Zidane for the same reasons that everyone else does. He was different than others and his character was sort of an inspiration to me.

unfinished fantasy
06-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I only gave 2 votes, is that considered cheating?

[.Pearl.]
06-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Zidane by far. He was hilarious, but also driven. "You don't need a reason to help people."

s[H]sIkuA
08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Locke the treasure hunter

Hyperion4444
08-11-2008, 10:31 PM
1- Squall, because he's the strongest, coolest character up to date.
He has a hearth and is not the cold/anti-social character he wants everyone else to think.
He's also a brave and courageous hero.

2-Well, we have multiple choices here, so Cloud takes it for his huge Buster Sword.

Also,
Where are the Spin-off Characters like Yuna, Vincent, Zack? And where's Lightning!
Despite Spin-offs are usually less good, considering most of the choises up there, it's actually a nice refreshment.

Rantz
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I voted for Zidane and Locke, but forgot to include Cecil in my vote. I guess I have a thing for thieves.

Shadowdeathrose
08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
1) Squal becuase i could relate to him. and he was general funny at times. and most poeple have been in his position just in a different sinario.
2) Zidanne - Most natural
3) Cloud - well it's cloud :P