PDA

View Full Version : New Job

Iceglow
05-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey, I recently got a new job working for a record store (HMV oxford circus for you uk people, thats the one on the tottenham court road end) and was wondering who else has got a new job or is looking for a new job at this point in time, if you're looking how long have you been looking and if you just got one what is it and how long were you looking for it, I was looking for around 3 months for a job and got this one.

Jings
05-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I've been looking for a job since university ended a few weeks ago. Its been a disaster so far. The only time I've been phoned to set up an interview was when I was out and had left my mobile at home, when I called back they said they'd found someone. :(

I'm starting to think that there's worse things than giving in and applying to McDonalds. Unemployment for example.

Iceglow
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Well unemployment does suck, here in the UK I have been unemployed and "on the dole" in the past and it sucked you'd make more money in McDonalds the advantage of restaurant work too is fast promotion chain and once you're a manager you can apply for pretty much any retail management position. Starbucks might be better than McDonalds though just a thought whats worse flipping burgers or making coffee.

Cookie
05-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I just recently started working at WHSmith in Picadilly station in Manchester. ^_^ I was "looking" for a job for 8 months, but it took me three days to get this job, which is my first job.

Meow
05-25-2008, 02:42 AM
I got promoted to assistant manager at the music shop the other day

:aimsun:

strawberryman
05-25-2008, 02:44 AM
I just started working in my head about what I'll do in the next five minutes, and-- I just got fired.

Jess
05-25-2008, 03:45 AM
I just got a new job this week. I'd been looking for barwork with suitable hours for me for ages, but with no luck so I applied for this place which my hours are Wednesday 8.30pm-2.30am and Thursday and Friday 8.30pm-3.30am. I had an interview on Wednesday and they called and offered me a job the following day.

I had my first shift tonight~ I work at Escape nightclub in Copford as a barmaid. :jess:

Woodinator
05-25-2008, 03:58 AM
I just got a job as a kennel assistant in a Vet clinic and I'm going in tomorrow :D Had to apply to a lot of places to get a job though but at least I have one now

Dolentrean
05-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Working on a few jobs when they come along with people I know in the construction buisness, but that is only untill I get a job, I have been looking for about a week, turning in an app to Barnes and Noble tommorow I hope. I hope I get that job.

DMKA
05-25-2008, 04:49 AM
I want a job where I don't have to deal with the public.