PDA

View Full Version : My Eyes are Burning

smittenkitten
05-25-2008, 04:49 AM
I just can't seem to get to sleep so I thought some time on the pc will put me to sleep. I was proved wrong. :p

Ever done an all nighter? :cat:

qwertysaur
05-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Yes. It was not fun, at all.

Kirobaito
05-25-2008, 04:54 AM
Yes. I believe I pulled two of them this last semester. I do not enjoy them. It is bearable if I have a Monster Cola.

DMKA
05-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Yes. I feel awesome afterward.

strawberryman
05-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Every once in a while. It's not so bad. >_>

Jessweeee♪
05-25-2008, 05:29 AM
A couple times :P

Randgris
05-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Yes. But I got scolded for not going home. (I was in a cafe all night long, surfing the net and doing absolutely nothing)

Lawr
05-25-2008, 06:29 AM
A lot of the time when I was a kid. They seem to have stunted my growth.

The Unknown Guru
05-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Yes. They're awesome. Around 3:00, just about anything that anybody does seems funny.

DMKA
05-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Around 3:00, just about anything that anybody does seems funny.

hawt

Big D
05-25-2008, 09:16 AM
I did an all-nighter on an international law essay once. Started at 4:00 pm, finished it at 11:30 am the next morning. I was having difficulty distinguishing reality and dreams by the time I got home, and it took about 24 hours to recover.

Last night I had a coffee around midnight, at a 21st birthday, and it must've been stronger than I thought. I got home at half past two, but couldn't sleep till after 6. I've been up that late plenty of times before, but I don't count those as 'all-nighters' because I did, eventually, go to sleep while it was still morning.

smittenkitten
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm still awake and it's 09:21am here. :p

Aerith's Knight
05-25-2008, 09:40 AM
I just can't seem to get to sleep so I thought some time on the pc will put me to sleep. I was proved wrong. :p

twice every week.

Try warm milk.. or sex.. that always knocks me right out.

Dolentrean
05-25-2008, 09:45 AM
I do sometimes, Once I did on my introduction to personality classes final paper becuase I went to see the midnight showing of spiderman 3 instead of working on it. X_x not worth it... Somehow I still managed a 98 on the paper, so there must be something to it...

Rantz
05-25-2008, 09:58 AM
It often seems like a good idea at first, but not at all as good afterwards.

smittenkitten
05-25-2008, 09:59 AM

twice every week.

Didn't work. :p

I'm up now and it's morning so I'll just stay up now. :)

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I had an all-nighter with BoB. Does that make you jealous?

It always takes me between 2 and 4 hours to get to sleep once I'm in bed, unless I'm totally knackered. And I usually get into bed sometime between 11PM and 1AM. Then my alarm goes off at 6AM everyday. So, yeah. I've been having 5ish hours of sleep for the past 5 years every night! :D

All-nighter wise, yeah I've done plenty. Mostly because of not doing homework or being overly obsessed with a game. :(

Zeldy
05-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Every time I go to a friends house to sleep I end up having an all-nighter. Sometimes it ends up with everyone else falling asleep and I'm still sat up twiddling my thumbs. I can't sleep if I'm not in my bed, it's really annoying. We always end up doing something the next day too, like once we went to Southport and I was really lethargic and moody.

Blue Harvest
05-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I've only ever done one all-nighter. I was online and just couldn't be bothered to go to bed. I've done several almost all-nighters at friends when we crashed in the late hours of the morning (times ranged from half 3 to 8am)

smittenkitten
05-25-2008, 01:55 PM

No. :tongue: Do you think you can do it again, so I can get the bed to myself? :D

Breine
05-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I've done it several times. Alcohol was included in some of them too :beer:

SpendGil
05-25-2008, 03:58 PM
I pull all nighters frequently.

I figure, "sleep is for retired people"

Polaris
05-25-2008, 04:02 PM
twice every week.

Pervert pervert pervert :exdee:
I just had once insomnia and read a Nicholas Spark book and didn't help ^^ Then I read some tales from Grimm and fell alseep XD

But now that Ak told that :jokey: I might not read anymore when I will have insomnia! :jokey:

duckie
05-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes. I never actually realize it's the next day until I look out the window and the sun is coming up.

Yar
05-26-2008, 03:19 AM
I never intend to in the first place but whenever I do it just happens.

I once suffered an asthma attack all-night once and had no inhaler. It sucked so badly.

~*~Celes~*~
05-26-2008, 03:51 AM
I do sometimes, Once I did on my introduction to personality classes final paper becuase I went to see the midnight showing of spiderman 3 instead of working on it. X_x not worth it... Somehow I still managed a 98 on the paper, so there must be something to it...

lulz, I do my best on papers for English that I stayed up all night to do x3

I've only pulled an all-nighter once, and that was about 3 years ago. I was sick that night too, and usually when I'm sick, I sleep a LOT. I was up from 11 am one morning until 7 pm the next night. 32 hours solid. I only went to bed because my now-ex told me to go to bed. I was tired anyway so I complied and slept all night.

Jiro
05-26-2008, 10:21 AM
My record is 40 hours straight. Wasn't at all tired, and was busy doing a bit of creative writing (its not any good though :D). Anyway, the only reason I went to bed was because I didn't want to risk being tired at my girlfriend's house :)

Quindiana Jones
05-27-2008, 05:51 PM

No. :tongue: Do you think you can do it again, so I can get the bed to myself? :D

We did it in your bed to add sexy danger. I'm pretty sure BoB put one of the pictures as your Profile Picture, if you check.

Jess
05-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Several. The one that stands out most in my mind is the first day of our clubbing holiday in Bulgaria last year. I was up at 9am the day we left to finish up packing and the like, we left for the airport at 7pm and took our flight at 1am in the morning. By the time we reached the hotel it was 4am in the morning, and we stayed up drinking cocktails. It got to 9am and most people went to bed except me and two other girls. We went to the beach and explored the area a bit. I went back to the hotel at around 12pm to get to sleep but as soon as I started to get to sleep the boys got me up to go and watch the football at a local bar. then an evening out followed and I didn't get to bed till 6am the following morning. I was awake for around 45 hours... I was terribly ill/hungover the following day. :jess:

Brennan
05-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Several Times during the Summer of the last 2 years, and once during school this year.

Ashi
05-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Being at the computer would not help you sleep, it would distract you from sleep even more. I know because I have pulled many all nighters!

Montoya
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
I would do all nighters when I would procrastinate doing work for school. It was fun, I would procrastinate even then and finish a half hour before going to school. At school, I would blink and just start going to sleep without realizing it. Good times.
I remember playing Banjo Kazooie with my brother all night without sleeping and in the morning my parents surprised us by telling us we were going to Las Vegas. I didn't go to sleep until three in the morning the next day. :p

duckie
05-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Being at the computer would not help you sleep, it would distract you from sleep even more. I know because I have pulled many all nighters!
Many a night did I find myself looking at the clock and realizing it's 5 AM after surfing the web all night. It's practically a magnet to my eyes.

Relapse
05-28-2008, 12:32 PM
i'm assuming all-nighter means never slept through a night, so no. i only kept awake till around 4 latest cuz i was bored and wanted to try but failed. :( however since its the holidays now, i'm gonna try one again haha.

Balzac
05-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I once went 32 hours without sleep to finish an animation. Never again. But I'm usually up until around 6am anyway.