PDA

View Full Version : Metroid: SR388

KentaRawr!
05-25-2008, 07:01 PM
I was browsing Youtube today, and I came across a fan-game that looks to be pretty awesome. Take a look. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKMZXnsF4k)

I highly anticipate its release. :3

Shoeberto
05-25-2008, 08:27 PM
I never saw that trailer, but I saw the website before. I'm very interested in seeing this. I've never played Metroid 2, and it always looked a little... clunky, so a remake would be definitely cool.

KentaRawr!
05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
It's another take on the game, but I wouldn't call it a remake based on the trailer. o_o

Dreddz
05-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Im very confused. Is this a new game made using Super Metroids graphics or Metroid 2 remade in Super Metroids graphics? Some of the new weapons look cool (although Ive never been a fan of Metroid so I dont know which are new or not). Things like this are awesome though.

KentaRawr!
05-25-2008, 10:13 PM
From what I can tell, it's a new game, but it has the same story as Metroid 2.

I'm honestly not sure myself.

Vermachtnis
05-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Is it even related to Metroid 2, cause it just looked like it took place on the same planet to me. Either way it looks awesome :D And was that an Omega at the end?

Ramza Beoulve
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
It's a completely different game, made with Super Metroid engine (and some new graphics it seems) and on the project page it says the trailer is now outdated, but he wants to keep it in secret (you know, Nintendo's Piranha Plants over the web xD).

The Metroid 2 remake project is a completely different one (Project AM2R, if my memory doesn't fail).

Anyways, I highly expect both.

Specially after my last week's Metroid frenzy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-26-2008, 12:15 AM
The new high-res elements are really mismatched with the old assets taken from Super Metroid, but it looks good enough for just a fan game.

And was that an Omega at the end?Man, I saw that walking Omega sprite on a Metroid forum years ago. It's strange to see it finally being put to its intended purpose after all this time.

Shoeberto
05-26-2008, 03:59 AM
The Metroid 2 remake project is a completely different one (Project AM2R, if my memory doesn't fail).
Ohh, I see. It'd been a long time since I saw that one, I didn't remember the name.

Rase
05-26-2008, 07:54 AM
I couldn't help but laugh when the section to showcase new moves involved pushing a crate.

Still, looks quite awesome.

Markus. D
05-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Oh wow, I really want this.

Nominus Experse
05-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Dammit, now I have yet another thing to wait impatiently for...

I want it.