PDA

View Full Version : What next?

sillybuttons™
05-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Right so I'm about to finish VII and I'm looking to the next chapter. What comes next? There seems to be a FFVII revival going on at the moment and I dont know what order to do things in. Can someone post a list of the order I should play/watch the rest of the VII series (Advent Children, Crisis Core etc.:mog:

Suvious
05-25-2008, 09:04 PM
After FFVII you should watch FFVII AC which is a graphically made movie of the aftermath.
The prequel is FFVII CC - that explains the story before hand, where Cloud is still a newbie.

sillybuttons™
05-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Cheers for the quick reply. D/Ling AC now.

What about Dirge of Cerberus? Where does that fit in?:mog:

PeneloRatsbane
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Dirge of Cerberus is set after Advent children. by about a year so its three years after the game, and Yuffie has got a bit foxy, growl, lol i'm playing it at the moment and i do find i have a bit of a weird girl crush on her for some reason

Bolivar
05-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Dirge of Cerberus is set after Advent children. by about a year so its three years after the game, and Yuffie has got a bit foxy, growl, lol i'm playing it at the moment and i do find i have a bit of a weird girl crush on her for some reason

please, go on

Big D
05-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Crisis Core is a prequel, so I guess it'd be logical to play it in the place where it was released - after Dirge of Cerberus.

There's also an animated short called 'Last Order', which presents a different perspective on what happened during and after Sephiroth's rampage at Nibelheim.

The Crystal
05-26-2008, 02:00 AM
After finshing FFVII, go here:

FFVII WEB NOVEL - On the Way to a Smile - The Maiden who Walks the Planet - Before Crisis - Advent Children (http://one.xthost.info/ffwebnovel/)

Read "Case of Denzel" and "Case of Tifa". Those are short stories that tell what happens with some characters after FFVII and before Advent Children. They make the movie easier to understand.

Then watch Advent Children, and play Dirge of Cerberus after that.

All of those titles above are sequels though. If you want to play a prequel, you can play Crisis Core.
But I suggest you to read the two "Case of..." and watch Advent Children first.

Big D
05-26-2008, 02:44 AM
After finshing FFVII, go here:

FFVII WEB NOVEL - On the Way to a Smile - The Maiden who Walks the Planet - Before Crisis - Advent Children (http://one.xthost.info/ffwebnovel/)

Read "Case of Denzel" and "Case of Tifa". Those are short stories that tell what happens with some characters after FFVII and before Advent Children. They make the movie easier to understand.

Then watch Advent Children, and play Dirge of Cerberus after that.

All of those titles above are sequels though. If you want to play a prequel, you can play Crisis Core.
But I suggest you to read the two "Case of..." and watch Advent Children first.Oh yeah, I forgot about those novellas. I'd call them 'required reading' for understanding some of Advent Children's *many* unexplained points. Apparently there's a 'Case of Barrett" too, but I haven't been able to find it.

PeneloRatsbane
05-26-2008, 02:09 PM

please, go on

Lol I dunno i guess its how shes always bouncing around in her little outfit, and i went to go talk to her on the Shera and she sorta bent over to Vincent crotch level, I was like "wohhh okay, this games getting interesting! wth is she doing!"
but she was only travel sick, :( I thought finally it would live up to its 15 certificate, but i was hoping for to much. lol i'm kidding mainly, she used to be a bit dorky but now she's grown up all hot i like her more

Elly
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
don't D/L (read steal) Advent Children, buy it, if you truly enjoy the series support it... there is a Case of Barret with the Tifa & Denzil cases in the same book that comes in the AC Gift Box, still in supply at many Best Buy's... don't be a lamer and steal the media buy it and support the series, besides personaly i'd prefer to have my movies without the pixilation that comes with downloading, crystal clear images are much better than blurry ones and AC has a high level of graphic detail a download just can't do it any justice, i have the DVD & UMD versions as well as a downloaded version and put side to side the downloaded doesn't even compare to the original media formats in quality, so by stealing it you are not only ripping off the company you're denying yourself the optimal viewing experience...
that all said the best order to go is the order of release, FFVII (Original Game), Before Crisis (Japan only), Last Order (no English version exists but it is officialy subtitled), Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, then Crisis Core...

Raebus
05-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Download it.

Suvious
05-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I admittedly D/Led it because I only ever saw it once at a rental shop, couldn't find it after that.

Raebus
05-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Don't worry about downloading it. It can't be helped sometimes and don't like the people who say "DOWNLOADING IS STEALING, DO NOT DOWNLOAD" preach to you.

Trance_Kuja
05-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Crisis Core > Before Crisis (ending of Crisis Core happens after BC) > VII > VII Advent Children > Dirge of Cerberus

Happens in that order.

Elly
05-26-2008, 07:46 PM
downloading can be helped if there are still coppies available on store shelves and last time i was at Best Buy (3 days ago) they had plenty in stock and a good amount of the Gift Boxes avaialable as well, it's not preaching but good sense, why download the inferior copy when you can buy a superior copy for relatively cheap, there was a thread somewhere where someone saw some copies in the Wal*Mart bargain bin... besides isn't endorsing illegal downloading against the rules here... as i see it if you download and don't buy the media if it's available on the market then you can hardly call yourself a fan, i know i'd hate it if someone said they were a fan of my work yet they stole it, that's not being a fan...

Suvious
05-26-2008, 08:08 PM
^ I live in the UK - decent games and DVDs are scarce. FFIX new here is 130 $...

Elly
05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
actualy i can sympathise with the UK as they get the short end of the stick and can not get things easily without paying insane shipping charges and stuff, so i can overlook their downloading of game related media, but anyone in the US or Japan have no excuse...

The Crystal
05-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Crisis Core > Before Crisis (ending of Crisis Core happens after BC) > VII > VII Advent Children > Dirge of Cerberus

Happens in that order.

No.

The story of CC and BC happens at the same time, but the begining of CC happens before the begining of BC, and the same thing for the ending of both games(CC's ending happens before BC's ending).

Raebus
05-26-2008, 10:31 PM
downloading can be helped if there are still coppies available on store shelves and last time i was at Best Buy (3 days ago) they had plenty in stock and a good amount of the Gift Boxes avaialable as well, it's not preaching but good sense, why download the inferior copy when you can buy a superior copy for relatively cheap, there was a thread somewhere where someone saw some copies in the Wal*Mart bargain bin... besides isn't endorsing illegal downloading against the rules here... as i see it if you download and don't buy the media if it's available on the market then you can hardly call yourself a fan, i know i'd hate it if someone said they were a fan of my work yet they stole it, that's not being a fan...

I became a fan of a band by downloading some music but I haven't got the money to spend so I torrent more music. Downloading doesn't make you any less of a fan. That's BS.

Jessweeee♪
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM

Where do you all live??

Lately it feels like South Texas is LOLNOFUNSTUFF4U land ;_;

darkchrono
06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Are those stories that were linked to just fanfiction? Or were they written by some folks by square or people closely associated to the creative team?

Suvious
06-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Annnnnyway it doesn't mean I'm not a fan I own FF1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,11 12, tactics, tactics advanced I love FF - Just some are hard to get out here.

PeneloRatsbane
06-01-2008, 05:58 PM
nothing is hard to get now what with internet shopping, i live in the uk and i can find loads of great stuff on ebay and amazon

Nifleheim7
06-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Are those stories that were linked to just fanfiction? Or were they written by some folks by square or people closely associated to the creative team?

Case of Tifa and Case of Denzel were written by Kazushige Nojima so i think they are as official as it gets.

DarkLord
06-30-2008, 04:04 PM

She is prettyhard to resist, lol.