PDA

View Full Version : Yuna and Tidus.. *Spoilers*

Suvious
05-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey guys I was just thinking... What if Tidus and Yuna got it on and had a child? Seeing as Tidus was a dream would their baby still exist?
Debate.

Big D
05-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Well... Tidus got made real, so I guess that'd give him DNA and functional biology and stuff. All life on Spira seems to consist of highly organised clumps of Pyreflies, and the same goes for Aeons and other 'dreams'...

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
He would half exist.

Suvious
05-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Half a baby!? 0.0 OMG IT WOULD ONLY CONTAIN YUNAS DNA! YUNA CLONE!

Vivisteiner
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
My hypothesis is that a form of meiosis and self fertilisation involving only Yuna's DNA would occur. And thus the child would most definitely be female, but would not share exactly the same genes as Yuna. This is because in some cases, a recessive allele in Yuna's DNA will pair up with another recessive allele, forming a dominant characteristic in Yuna's child's DNA. This dominant characteristic would not be present in Yuna herself because originally the allele was recessive. And thus Yuna's child would be genetically very similar to, but not exactly the same as Yuna. I hope I have clarified the situation.

Big D
05-27-2008, 11:08 AM
:pWhat's so tough about the idea that Tidus is actually real person, albeit one that was created out of the Fayth dream? He can cry and bleed, which means his body works like a real person's; there's no reason to assume he wasn't created with DNA etc.

Gilthanes
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Its not as cut and dry as "he can cry and bleed, he can have DNA", because its an endless argument. Theres nothing in the game that would support or deny the concept of Tidus having DNA.

My guess would be he does.. just because he was dreamed up doesn't mean everything isnt right in that way. I'd think that while he was in existance on spira as a normal person, he was biologically a normal person. But this is definately not one of those situations in final fantasy that can be equated to real life. If anything, the baby could very well either fade out of existance just like its father, or "partially fade" ending in death (can you exist as half a person?)

Suvious
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Hmm this is tricky :/
Tidus along with his DNA went poof. So would it still exist?

Roogle
05-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Hmm this is tricky :/
Tidus along with his DNA went poof. So would it still exist?

Yes. The ending of Final Fantasy X-2 sees a permanent, natural solution to the events in the ending of Final Fantasy X.

Suvious
05-27-2008, 09:41 PM
But... that's AFTER he disappears, I'm talking about before he's real. Would his DNA come back then at the end of FFX-2?

Jessweeee♪
05-28-2008, 03:25 AM
You all are ruining the fun. Normal babies are boring D:

BG-57
05-28-2008, 03:38 AM
This reminds me of the G&S musical Iolanthe, where a fairy and human have a child who's half-mortal and half-immortal (his upper body is forever young, but his legs age normally).

My take on this is once a child is conceived, it will continue as a separate existence whether or not Tidus does.

fire_of_avalon
05-28-2008, 03:38 AM
Babies are delivered by Auron. In that sake jug.

Breine
05-29-2008, 05:07 PM
He would half exist.

Haha, a floating head.. or maybe just a pair of legs walking around xD

TidusMaster
06-07-2008, 06:50 PM
That would be a very cool FF10 Spin off:) Tidus' son has to go on a journey to find a way for himself to become a real person, and not a dream^^ Smexy

cally777
06-11-2008, 06:46 AM
You could equally ask what would happpen if Auron tried to have a child with anyone (Lulu for example). Being as he was dead.

Seymour would be another case in point. He was married to Yuna too so their baby would be legitimate ironically, tho maybe zombiefied.

:choc::choc::choc:

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Can pyreflies generate sperm?

BG-57
06-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Sure. That would be a relatively minor feat compared to a giant monster or entire city filled with people.

[.Pearl.]
06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I think it would be half invisible and be chronically surrounded by pyreflies, like Bahamut's little fayth kid.

Marky Tee
06-22-2008, 11:20 AM
My hypothesis is that a form of meiosis and self fertilisation involving only Yuna's DNA would occur. And thus the child would most definitely be female, but would not share exactly the same genes as Yuna. This is because in some cases, a recessive allele in Yuna's DNA will pair up with another recessive allele, forming a dominant characteristic in Yuna's child's DNA. This dominant characteristic would not be present in Yuna herself because originally the allele was recessive. And thus Yuna's child would be genetically very similar to, but not exactly the same as Yuna. I hope I have clarified the situation.

dude are you the guy that sat next to me in high school biology?
i always wondered what happened to that guy...[!] google_ad_section_end [/!]