PDA

View Full Version : So I couldn't sleep...

DMKA
05-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Do you ever experience spells of insomnia?

It seems to be getting worse and worse with me. I have to be up at 6:30am tomorrow, here it is going on 1:00am. I just got done laying in bed awake for two hours. No matter what I do I can't get myself to sleep. Arrg. :(

Avarice-ness
05-27-2008, 06:54 AM
I usually do. Since I got pregnant I'm like always tired though, so thanks to the baby I'm dealing with insomnia alot less. Not luckly though, is that I just wake up more at night and don't get to great of a sleep.

But yeah, before pregnancy me and my husband both suffered from just horrible insomnia. I used to be on medication for it, but decided to stop it. He always had a problem but never did anything about.
What ended up happening is that we'd both end up in a phase where we could wake up at Noon one day and then not be able to sleep til 6am the next day and then only be able to sleep til 2pm. After a few days of that our "normal" sleeping schedule became 6 or 7am to 2 or 3pm.

Either way, the army's fixed his insomnia (by leaving him exhausted after boot camp) and the baby's fixed mine. The only reason I'm not asleep right now is 'cause I took at a nap at 6pm. :D

Akaria
05-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Once every six months or so, I'll lay down to sleep and not be able to get to sleep until about five in the morning. I don't know what it is, but it's consistent, and it only happens one or two nights. It was really a hassle when I was in high school and had to be there at seven am, but not so much anymore since I'm just working. The time goes quickly while I'm trying to get to sleep though. Like, half hours to hours will pass without any personal knowledge.

Weird stuff.

Ouch!
05-27-2008, 08:15 AM
My doctor finally prescribed me some pills (an anti-depressant actually) to knock me the hell out after he diagnosed me with chronic insomnia. Because they're not strictly a sleeping pill, they're non-addictive and I can take them on an as-needed basis.

Vivisteiner
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Happens to me.

Looking at a computer screen too much and not going outside enough can smurf up your body clock.

Brennan
05-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Happens to me.

Looking at a computer screen too much and not going outside enough can smurf up your body clock.

Really? Mine's fine...
Anyway, keeping on topic, you should try some sleeping pills, im not sure but Lunesta or something

Peegee
05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I had that problem once. I smashed my head into my pillow until I passed out.

No I'm not joking. It worked.

Bahamut2000X
05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I had problems sleeping just last night. :(

I don't think I'd have what you call insomnia as many times I do fall asleep, but my sleep is swiss cheesed and I wake up so often, last night I had to have wakened up at least 20 times. It was a looong and terrible night. And now I got to go work for the next 7 hours. :(

smittenkitten
05-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I totally made similar thread like three days ago. :p I sometimes get it and when I do I get it bad. I stayed up from 7am till 12pm the next day. :eek:

Jess
05-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Sometimes I'm just not tired, but it always catches up with me so I end up having a longggg sleep after a couple of days of crappy sleep.

Ashi
05-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Used to be more of an insomniac when I was younger. It got especially worse when I was in high school, but mainly because I was nervous about school things at the time so it gave me a lot to think about at the time.

These days, I schedule things early in the morning even on weekends. This puts me in a state of absolute drowsiness come 10 pm and I can't even keep my eyes open to read or play a game. It gets annoying if I pass out too fast but I guess it is better than what I used to go through...

Although I do get some restless nights occasionally. It usually turns out to be that I am worried about a deadline or a presentation that I am in denial about.

Tasura
05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
My current schedule is to bed at 6 or 7am and up at 2 or 3pm, by current I mean it's been like this for about half a year. There are random changes that last for a day or two.

Momiji
05-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Happens to me.

Yeah, I can relate. Ever since I got my laptop (ah <333), I lose track of time so easily. One moment it will be midnight, the next it's 3AM. xP

Breine
05-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I've never been awake an entire night because I couldn't sleep, but I've tried lying around for up to 3 hours or so because I couldn't fall asleep. I guess everyone's tried that at least once, though?

Blue Harvest
05-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I get insomnia on occasion. it's the worst feeling ever imo.

duckie
05-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a bad back (which is super-bad for my age) so when it starts to hurt, I can't sleep.

rubah
05-29-2008, 03:20 PM
only when I wake up and it's not time to get up.

Shoeberto
05-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I have difficulty sleeping or don't get restful sleep most nights.

I probably have some kind of disorder, but my family doctor shrugged me off when I've brought it up before. I should get a second opinion.