PDA

View Full Version : Smoking.

Breine
05-27-2008, 09:43 PM
How do you feel about smoking in general?

Also, do you smoke or have you tried smoking? What have you then smoked? - If not, why not?

I myself am a bit of a party smoker. I like smoking a couple of cigarettes if I'm in the right mood and such when drinking. I have tried smoking on hookahs (which is just great), cigarettes, cigars and then also joints along with bongs (gasp!). I'd never become a regular smoker, though.

chaos_ghost
05-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Smoked a whole pack when I was 14. Didn't enjoy them. I find it kinda disgusting in general and I despise the smell. But now that I live with my grandmother after my moms death, I smell like smoke all the time(My uncle, cousin, and grandmother all smoke). SO yeah, not a big fan.

Zeldy
05-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm not a regular smoker, but I carry a pack with me and I'll have one every now and then. I'm not really hooked at all, they're just nice xD

I had my first cigarette when I was 14 at a rock club in Wigan. I had my first bong and spliff that night too xD

Blue Harvest
05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I was a party smoker for a couple of years until I gave up.

Breine
05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm not a regular smoker, but I carry a pack with me and I'll have one every now and then. I'm not really hooked at all, they're just nice xD

Exactly xD

fire_of_avalon
I smoke if someone hands me a cigarette or cigar and lights it for me. I don't buy my own lung poison.

I really like what nicotine does to my head.

I don't smoke pot because it gives me a headache.

ReloadPsi
My dad had a heart attack in his forties and my sister, mum and one of my friends are constantly pissed off about how they can't seem to kick the habit. What amazes me is that my sister has the nerve to give me crap for picking my nose.

So I'm leaving it the hell alone, forever. (Crosses fists)

I also hate all the associated smells, if someone sits near me on the bus that has been smoking I will whine like crazy until they go away as it makes me gag. The only smells I find worse are pot smoke and congealed bacon grease that's been warmed back up by the process of trying to clean it up.

Heath
05-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Really don't like the smells of both cannabis or tobacco like ReloadPsi said. Given that I have asthma and have never had much money, smoking has never been for me. I'm someone who dislikes wasting money and so I could never justify spending money on cigarettes. I also just don't like to do damage to my body. I'm overweight and would rather not add tobacco to that. Never smoked a cigarette, nor do I intend to start.

Akaria
05-27-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't smoke cigarettes, mostly because literally every single person who lights up in front of me will take a drag, hold it, let it out, look at me and say, "Don't you ever think about starting this. It's the worst habit in the world. I'd smurfing kill you." So, I never have. My boyfriend does and has for about five years now, usually 6 or so a day, but he can polish off a pack in a couple hours if he's chilling with friends and drinking or something. He keeps saying he'll quit, but I know it's hard for him, and as of yet he hasn't; it makes me rather sad. Sometimes when I'm feeling really down, I think maybe I should start or just let him know I will if he doesn't stop. But one, blackmail is stupid, and two, I probably wouldn't anyway. Doesn't seem right, too.:(

ReloadPsi
05-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Really don't like the smells of both cannabis or tobacco like ReloadPsi said. Given that I have asthma and have never had much money, smoking has never been for me. I'm someone who dislikes wasting money and so I could never justify spending money on cigarettes. I also just don't like to do damage to my body. I'm overweight and would rather not add tobacco to that. Never smoked a cigarette, nor do I intend to start.

That too. Now that I've given up booze as well, the only other corporal abuse I need to axe is my diet, as my weight exceeded 17 stone at one point (not anymore thankfully, and it was a very brief period when I did).

Peegee
05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I dislike smoking cigarettes but will not say no if offered. I will however not ask for cigarettes.

Also I am a strong supporter of public smoking, restaurant smoking, bar smoking, and in your car, with your kids in the back seat smoking.

Sergeant Hartman
05-27-2008, 10:16 PM
have a cigar

Cz
05-27-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't smoke, but I've got no problem with the smell, and don't care if other people are smoking around me. My reason for not smoking, more than anything else, is that it's too damned expensive and there are other things I'd rather be spending my money on. Obviously the health risks are a factor too, but I can honestly say that the financial aspect is the clincher for me.

Miriel
05-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Smoking smells bad. People who smoke smell bad. I dislike being around people who are stinky.

Rantz
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm not a smoker, I've had a few cigarettes but never really taken to it. I don't accept cigarettes when offered anymore, either. Seems like a waste.

Oh yeah, and smokers definitely smell seriously bad. The smoking itself, not so much, but the smoker.

Kirobaito
05-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Smoking smells bad. People who smoke smell bad. I dislike being around people who are stinky.
qft

Araciel
05-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Stupid, disgusting habit. I don't do it. My whole family does, save for my sister and I actually.

If ya smoke, good on yeh, it's your body, etc. etc. The anti-smoking campaigns right now are ridiculous, but in my lifetime, I can foresee tobacco becoming semi-illegal.

Parker
05-27-2008, 11:05 PM
My boss seems to make all his employee-related decisions in the smoking room. When payrises and important trips depend on it, I smoke.

rubah
05-27-2008, 11:07 PM
yuck yuck yuck >:[

Jings
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Smoking is disgusting. Nothing makes me happier than listening to people moan about how their rights are being infringed by the smoking ban. :)

I tried it once. Made my head hurt and my eyes water.

smittenkitten
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
I smoked for about 4 - 5 years and stopped when I turned 16, for Daniel and for myself. Smoking is bad and I'm glad I don't crave it anymore. :)

I Took the Red Pill
05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Cigarettes are nasty, I stay away from them. I like marijuana but wouldn't spend money on it, rather smoking it only when offered.

Rye
05-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I've never tried it, because growing up with chain smokers, having my grandma lose part of her lung from lung cancer, and being a singer and needing my voice makes it look far less glamorous.

Montoya
05-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I guess you can consider me a party smoker, for I really don't smoke anytime else. If there's no party I don't smoke, simple as that. I don't even buy packs anymore, I spent way too much money.
The nicotine rush is pretty nice though, specially now that I rarely smoke.

Momiji
05-27-2008, 11:23 PM
I hate it when people smoke. Smoke is one of the very few things that set my asthma off, and if I even spend a minute near someone who is smoking, I'll be miserable for the rest of the day. I don't care if others smoke, but I don't see why the hell anyone would want to.

Roto13
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would even bother.

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't care as long as people aren't smoking and coughing up a lung near me. I can't sleep when my parents are in the house because it's just

COUGHCOUGHHAAAAAAAAAAAACKCOUGH*gaggy-barfy noises*

Seriously, I can tell exactly where in the house my parents are at all times >.<

DMKA
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
It's gross, but it looks hawt if the right person does it. :D

Clouded Sky
05-28-2008, 06:11 AM
yuck yuck yuck >:[

Jojee
05-28-2008, 06:23 AM
I've smoked a few cigs and pot before, while I was hanging out with random people. Don't care for it much. ^_^

Aerith's Knight
05-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Never in my life, I drink enough to screw up my body.. no need to substract even more years.

I hang out with them though, doesnt really bother me.

Dolentrean
05-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Yah, I have never smoked in my life... I don't like people smoking around me as I start sneezing like hell when they do, but the people who I know who smoke are very respectful, so its all good.

DMKA
05-28-2008, 06:55 AM
I've smoked a few cigs and pot before, while I was hanging out with random people. Don't care for it much. ^_^

By "cigs" do you mean cigarettes or cigars? :D

Roxxas
05-28-2008, 07:02 AM
I don't understand smoking. Paying money to mess up your body doesn't make sense to me. If I wanted to make my body a complete mess I can think of numerous ways to do it without spending money. Heck even bashing your head into a wall twice a day is even better then smoking. At least then you don't waste money, don't stink, and don't give secondhand smoke to people or animals that may be near by. If you smoke just for social reasons get new friends in my opinion. You shouldn't have to waste money and your health for your friends to accept you. Of course I don't tell smokers my opinion unless they ask mostly because it is their life to waste and they are only hurting themselves for the most part. If someone is smoking near me though I'm moving as fast as possible.

CimminyCricket
05-28-2008, 07:29 AM
I usually only smoke when I drunk, even then it's only one or two for the whole night and I never really finish them, I guess it's just something to do, I can't just stand there and talk when I'm drunk, I have to be doing something with my hands.

Kes
05-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Personally, I like keeping even caffeine at a minimum when it comes to me, so anything else (cigarettes, pot, alcohol, whatever) is certainly out.

As for other people, the only thing I actually mind them doing is smoking cigarettes, especially around me. It's strange, but I have one friend who's a smoker, and all of her friends are very chill about drug use -- except for her smoking. I always find it odd that the legal drug is the one we have the issue with.

SammieBabe
05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I smoke when I'm drunk and everyone around me is smoking. I won't buy them, I just steal them from friends...

oddler
05-28-2008, 10:25 AM
How do you feel about smoking in general?

I really don't like being around it so I'd like to see it kept in EoEO. Flames are dealt with more strictly there.

I'm also not a fan of fire, cancer, or farming.

duckie
05-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Who was the one who decided to roll up something, light it on fire, and inhale the smoke? What kind of idiot would do that?

Smoking causes cancer, and I don't know why anybody would do it.

Jess
05-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I do. It's strange because I used to be one of those people who absolutely detested smoking. I've quit several times - the last time I started up again was when my Grandad fell very ill and died, and I haven't stopped yet. I plan on quitting for good very soon because it's a waste of money and a very bad habit. I don't really smoke a lot, though.

duckie
05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I plan on quitting for good very soon because it's a waste of money and a very bad habit.
YAY! :D
I think that the waste of money alone should put some people off of smoking. My parents spend a LOT of money on cigarettes every month.

Peegee
05-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't remember when this happened. Oh yeah it was yesterday morning or something. Anyway Chemical comes up to me after waking up and breathes in my face. Apparently she was smoking yesterday and still smells of cigarettes. So I tell her this story:

"If there's one thing I regret doing in life, it's turning down a girl who smelled of cigarettes. I rolled over the next day, alone, and said 'Ah *smurf*' "

I'm just saying that sometimes, a little stinky stink isn't that big a deal.

smittenkitten
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't remember when this happened. Oh yeah it was yesterday morning or something. Anyway Chemical comes up to me after waking up and breathes in my face. Apparently she was smoking yesterday and still smells of cigarettes. So I tell her this story:

"If there's one thing I regret doing in life, it's turning down a girl who smelled of cigarettes. I rolled over the next day, alone, and said 'Ah *smurf*' "

Try telling that to Daniel. :p If I started smokign again he would leave me within seconds and won't even think about it. :tongue:

Polaris
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM

yep! but most times it'd be nice if people would carry just the ciharette without lighting it XD It'd last longer and it'd be cheaper and it'd be fashionable and it woulnd't smell so bad :D

I never smoked... and don't intend to :)

Peegee
05-29-2008, 07:23 PM

Try telling that to Daniel. :p If I started smokign again he would leave me within seconds and won't even think about it. :tongue:

You tell him. There are far more disturbing things a woman can do compared to a smokey mouth. Anyway, since you've quit for so long, do you really want to start up again?

Breine
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM

yep! but most times it'd be nice if people would carry just the ciharette without lighting it XD It'd last longer and it'd be cheaper and it'd be fashionable and it woulnd't smell so bad :D

What is it about cigarettes that's so cool anyways? - because, for some reason, it really does look cool/hot/smexy if the right person is smoking.

Jowy
05-29-2008, 11:54 PM
i want some pot.

cloud21zidane16
05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
I dont like people smoking around me in general, i dont mind at partys but any other time i think its disgusting. I got nothing against smokers but would rather them give up.

duckie
05-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh yes smoking is so hott. I love watching people inhale smoke and then blow it out their mouth and nostrils like a dragon. And the yellow nails and smelly breath makes me WANT THEM!

escobert
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I smoke herb ;)
I used to smoke tobacco but quit about 2 months ago. I smoked for 6 or so years.

Blue Harvest
05-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Bert we have so much in common :love:

Tobacco = bad. Weed = goooooooooooooooooooood :cool:

DMKA
05-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh yes smoking is so hott. I love watching people inhale smoke and then blow it out their mouth and nostrils like a dragon. And the yellow nails and smelly breath makes me WANT THEM!

Baaaawwwwwwwwwww!

I pretty much steer clear of cigarettes. I tend to lean more toward cigar smokers for my social interaction. :tongue:

Dreddz
05-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Well im a regular smoker and too bone-idle to care about my health and others around me so I win.

Madame Adequate
05-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I abhor smoking. I think it's utterly retarded. But hey, they're not my lungs, so unless I'm bangin' someone I won't care really. If I am bangin' someone, smoking could be a dealbreaker. That's how much I detest it.

~*~Celes~*~
05-31-2008, 06:06 PM
My dad smokes and my mom was smoking until May '90, when she was pregnant with me. She made herself quit so she wouldn't hurt me in any way, and she hasn't started back up since then. Dad smokes all the time, has "tried" to quit, but hasn't been successful in the least. He smells really nasty, he has yellow teeth, his clothes always stink, his breath stinks, and his fingers are turning a bit yellow. It's utterly disgusting and I'm glad I hate it so much because I don't want to end up like him.

If someone wants to smoke, so be it, but I'll never do or try it and never will I date someone who does it. I've kissed a smoker before, though, and never again. I'm glad Alan's not a smoker of anything because I'd probably have broken up with him a while ago, unless he would have quit. It's just that disgusting to me.

Proxy
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
I smoked for 1.5-2 years. And then one morning i just woke up and stoppped. I think most smokers are addicted to the oral fixation, and not the nicotine.
In general, smoking doesn't bother me because if someone wants to trash their body, by all means, it's thier body.

They stink, they make the areas they smoke in stink, and it takes a long time for it to come out.

I'd say this retains to this thread. Ontario is pushing to pass a law of no smoking with kids in your car, and that makes me happier than a pig in :skull::skull::skull::skull:, cause i have a daughter and her mother smokes, so I'm really happy about that.