PDA

View Full Version : Accessing EoFF Forum Webpage

White Raven
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I've noticed that starting a couple of months ago, I've sometimes had a difficult time getting onto the EoFF Forums directly by typing in its URL. the URL's I try are 'forums.eyesonff.com' and 'www.eyesonff.com/forums'. I've had to resort by going to the main page and clicking on 'View Forums' and it works fine. This occurs both in IE and Firefox.

Anyone else have this occur or know why it does?

:)

Momiji
05-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Just bookmark/put EoFF in your favorites?

The forums are my homepage, so I don't have to worry about that. :D

rubah
05-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums) is probably the last url you'd want to try. forums.eyesonff.com is the true url and anything else should redirect to it. There isn't really any difference between typing it and clicking a link, so I don't know what's wrong.

Peegee
05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
could be the general 'page could not be found' error that we've been having for a while now.

If you keep pressing 'refresh' and it works eventually, that's the problem :p

White Raven
05-30-2008, 05:40 PM
could be the general 'page could not be found' error that we've been having for a while now.

If you keep pressing 'refresh' and it works eventually, that's the problem :p

Sounds exactly like my problem. Thanks Pureghetto, I just needed to know whether or not this was an isolated incidence.

:)

crono_logical
05-31-2008, 05:59 PM
"page could not be found" message in IE is too generic :p At least use firefox or opera so when there are problems, it says something slightly more useful to help pinpoint the issue e.g. dns problem, page timeout, or server not responding :p

Lawr
05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
:monster: I, and many other, have had to suffer with this problem for a long time to, we were assured someone would look into it but you know. . .

Samuraid
06-01-2008, 07:09 AM
If you see the error again, take note of:
- The HTTP status code (like "404 - page not found" or others)
- The exact time you saw the error

With that information, someone with server access can check the error logs and find out exactly what went wrong.

White Raven
06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Alrighty, Ill make a log of the difficulties if it helps. :)

Proxy
06-03-2008, 06:05 AM
If you see the error again, take note of:
- The HTTP status code (like "404 - page not found" or others)
- The exact time you saw the error

With that information, someone with server access can check the error logs and find out exactly what went wrong.

we must unite brothers! I am also having the same issues!
well atleast it's working now for me =\