PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy themed drinks (Alcohol)

JKTrix
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
At the IT University in Copenhagen, they recently had a Final Fantasy night at a local bar. This included decorations, cosplay, music and of course alcoholic drinks (except for 'Virgin' Aerith).

They even put up the ingredients for the drinks, which you can take a gander at here:

Final Fantasy Night! (http://scrollbar.dk/events/20080509.Final.Fantasy.Night/)

I'm not a drinker, but I'd certainly be tempted to try a few of those if I were there.

They previously had a Mario theme night a few months ago, which you can see from a link on that page.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-28-2008, 02:04 PM
A guy walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "Hey, give me a YRP AKA The Sphere Hunters."

The bartender replies, "What?"

blackmage_nuke
05-28-2008, 02:14 PM
shut up, sit down, and drink your god damn Cactuar!!

Obsidian
05-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Ultima! A drink so powerful that I have to carry it around and level up before I can even drink it!

Vivisteiner
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Omg, I wish I was there.

I could've got drunk on Moogles and punched that Squall cosplayer in the face!

Marshall Banana
05-28-2008, 03:57 PM
The Moogle looks delicious! Mmm!

NeoCracker
05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Wheres the Blitz?

Or the Deliberator?

Or the Trance?

Hell, there isn't even a Knights of the Round.

That party fails.

Edit: And they so need a "This drink are Alchohol" in there somewhere.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-28-2008, 06:33 PM
That party fails.You don't exactly win, yourself, if you think the Debilitator is the "Deliberator."

NeoCracker
05-28-2008, 06:39 PM
That party fails.You don't exactly win, yourself, if you think the Debilitator is the "Deliberator."

Theres a reason I don't throw parties myself. :p

Momiji
05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't drink at all, but the Lifestream and the Moogle look delicious! =P

Bahamut2000X
05-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I almost want to say it fails for having nothing beyond VII, VIII, and X references, but damn a lot of those drinks actually look good. And the idea in general was quite swell.

Bolivar
05-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Well that "Ultima" doesn't look very ultima considering it's got malibu and soco in it... I'd have 151, sour apple puckers and... i don't know, Hi-C in it.

It looks like a cool little shindig. But I wouldn't want to cosplay. Or watch Advent Children or the Spirits Within either.

I'd just want to drink.

smittenkitten
05-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I'd probably ask for a Moogle on the comets. ^__^

ReloadPsi
05-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Some of those concoctions look damn tasty actually. Cheesy as hell though.

NeoCracker
05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
The Ultima needs to hit you hard.

It at least needs some whiskey in there to be called a proper Ultima.

Namelessfengir
05-28-2008, 10:13 PM
i really need to hone my hard liquor skills i dont know where id get half those brands, hopefully there not exclusive to denmark

Rocket Edge
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
A guy walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "Hey, give me a YRP AKA The Sphere Hunters."

The bartender replies, "What?"
lol

Big D
05-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Those look rather good - in their ingredients, and their appearance.
i really need to hone my hard liquor skills i dont know where id get half those brands, hopefully there not exclusive to denmarkMost of those are pretty common liquors worldwide, though they might sometimes be produced under different names. There's virtually nothing in there I haven't heard of before...

The Summoner Yuna sounds great, and also looks like it'd have a decent kick to it. Small surprise it wound up on their regular menu.

The idea of the 'Corrupted Lifestream' was just clever:D

Furthermore, the bar wins various points simply for being named 'Scrollbar'.

Nothing wrong with a bit of merciless, unabashed geekiness once in a while.

Dynast-Kid
05-29-2008, 03:15 AM
Hmm, maybe in 7 years when i'm old enough to drink I will try some of those recipes!

Or, you know, underage drinking... :monster:

Oh wait, the Aerith is non-alcoholic! But what's a Grenadine!?

Big D
05-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Oh wait, the Aerith is non-alcoholic! But what's a Grenadine!?Grenadine=sweet pomegranate syrup, used for cordials.

Baloki
05-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Southern Comfort is a Whisky based drink.

Edit: THis thread is one of the reasons we should have kept the spirits within forum :(

05-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Neat idea. Too bad they had to ruin every single one of them with girlie ingredients which I do not have in my unethically large booze collection, so I won't be trying any of them =/ Someone needs to invent FF drinks for the more manly drinker. But I guess it was a cosplay party, so.... can't say they don't know their audience.

PeneloRatsbane
05-29-2008, 07:01 AM
its ok to have a girly drink every so often, i mean look at Lord Godo, he drinks Mai Tai's apparently

Breine
05-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Wait.. this happened in little Denmark? Where the hell was I!?

Big D
05-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Edit: THis thread is one of the reasons we should have kept the spirits within forum :(I, for one, lol'd.
=/ Someone needs to invent FF drinks for the more manly drinker.And that someone is us! Starting now!

Warning: I've never tried any of these. They could, in theory, be quite good. They could also be heinous. I cannot recommend trying them unless you really know what you're doing. Drinking is neither big nor clever.

Doma's River
Ingredients: Equal parts scrumpy cider and gin. Garnish with caramelised orange peel and serve on the rocks.

Geostigma
Ingredients: Equal parts dark rum and white rum, with a splash of ginger ale. Spice with cloves, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.

Kefka's Playhouse
Ingredients: Absinthe, black sambuca, ouzo. Mix to taste.

NeoCracker
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Note, all of these are shots I have never tried. :p

Trance
1/3 Tequilla
1/3 Yegger
1/3 Red Bull

Bum Rush
1/2 Whiskey
1/4 Bourban
1/4 Yegger (I have no Idea how to spell this. :p)

Opera Floozy
1/2 Peppormint Shnapps
1/2 Triplesec

Ouch!
05-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Kefka's Playhouse
Oh that sounds fun. xD

ReloadPsi
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Doma's River
Ingredients: Equal parts scrumpy cider and gin. Garnish with caramelised orange peel and serve on the rocks.

Should include apple pips somehow. Those things contain cyanide, but not in big enough doses to cause harm to us.

Old Manus
05-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Those drinks look great, apart from the cosplaying.

Breine
05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Kefka's Playhouse
Oh that sounds fun. xD

Yeah, it does.

fire_of_avalon
05-30-2008, 06:12 PM

There is whiskey in it. The ultima would knock your freaking socks off. Looks a little like a zombie.

Edit: THis thread is one of the reasons we should have kept the spirits within forum :(I, for one, lol'd.
=/ Someone needs to invent FF drinks for the more manly drinker.And that someone is us! Starting now!

Warning: I've never tried any of these. They could, in theory, be quite good. They could also be heinous. I cannot recommend trying them unless you really know what you're doing. Drinking is neither big nor clever.

Doma's River

Geostigma
Ingredients: Equal parts dark rum and white rum, with a splash of ginger ale. Spice with cloves, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.

Kefka's Playhouse
Kefka's Playhouse looks absolutely awesome, but sooo expensive.

Note, all of these are shots I have never tried. :p

Trance
1/3 Tequilla
1/3 Yegger
1/3 Red Bull

Bum Rush
1/2 Whiskey
1/4 Bourban
1/4 Yegger (I have no Idea how to spell this. :p)

Opera Floozy
1/2 Peppormint Shnapps
1/2 Triplesec
Neocracker is never gonna be my bartender. I guess you could keep the red bull in the Trance, but I'd substitute the Jaeger for Goldschlager and the tequila for 151 or everclear.

Breine
05-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Kefka's Playhouse
Oh that sounds fun. xD

It sounds really good!

Vyk
05-30-2008, 08:14 PM
I guess I should try weaker alcoholic beverages at some point. Mixing drinks and shots sounds like fun, and some of them do sound good. The Moogle sounds a lot like a Pina Colada except instead of one fruity ingredient you have like TEN wtf lawl

PeneloRatsbane
05-30-2008, 08:57 PM
i tried to turn my evian into the life stream today, by putting green skittle in, its didn't work. i'd love some of these cocktails

NeoCracker
05-30-2008, 09:43 PM
I completly missed over the Southern Comfort in the Ultima. :p

And I never said I'd be a good bartender, hell, I don't drink all that often anyway.

Heath
05-31-2008, 12:09 AM

As did I, but I felt very guilty for doing so.

I saw these posted in Baloki's LJ and thought they looked pretty cool. I liked the idea of having themed drinks for a party like that and some of them were pretty clever.

PeneloRatsbane
05-31-2008, 12:17 AM
i worked as a bar maid for a while, sometimes when the phone rang i said "He isn't here anymore" in my head *shame*
but if i ever owned a bar i would tottally make these, i'd change the name of the YRP sphere hunter one tho, thats an awful name, if it were just YRP it might be passable

Old Manus
06-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I guess I should try weaker alcoholic beverages at some point. Mixing drinks and shots sounds like fun, and some of them do sound good.Weaker?

Depression Moon
06-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Now that's pretty funny I don't drink myself, but I could probabbly have that virgin Aerith. I can't believe a "college" did this. Must be a game school.

fire_of_avalon
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I guess I should try weaker alcoholic beverages at some point. Mixing drinks and shots sounds like fun, and some of them do sound good.Weaker?

I know, right.