PDA

View Full Version : But wait, there's more~

Momiji
05-28-2008, 03:02 PM
"For the low low price of $19.99, you can get our < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, a SECOND < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, our bathroom version of < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, and our car version of < insert same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! Now you can go everywhere and have < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! Remember, you get our < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, a SECOND < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, our bathroom version of < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, and our car version of < insert same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! That's a value of up to $90 dollars, but it's YOURS for $19.99 (shipping and handling not added). To order, visit our website at www/.< insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>79.com or call (555) 555-5555. That's (555) 555-5555. Operators are standing by. Must be 18 or older to order. Remember, that's (555) 555-5555. Call now!"

Topic: Have you ever sat through an infomercial?
Topic 2: Have you ever bought a < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>?

duckie
05-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I've never bought anything, but I did watch this infomercial for a device that gets the wrinkles out of ANY FABRIC!!!!

Tavrobel
05-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes. Ron Popeil is a genius, especially when you're less than ten years old and Saturday morning cartoons just started to suck horribly. We bought one of the older models of the Showtime Rotisserie. We used it once, though we had planned on using it more; now it serves more purpose toward my cousins, who do know how to cook using it.

Breine
05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I've watched countless infomercials, but I've never ever bought anything.. and I never will either. For some reason some of them are just neat to watch :bounce:

Sergeant Hartman
05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
JML bitches!

41-Inches-Wide
05-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I love infomercials! It's so fast and nifty and everything sounds more incredible than it really is.

Peegee
05-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I watched infomercials every summer until 4am when I was a teenager. When you see Ron Popeil and go 'YAY' there's something wrong with you.

Jimsour
05-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Use to sit through them at 4am in work as a security guard.

Most pointless useless :skull::skull::skull::skull: ever is sold on some of those tv channels. I sat for half an hour watching an advertisement abouta vegetable dicer.

WUT>?

~*~Celes~*~
05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
there was once an infomercial on at about 1:30-2 am about this thing that is a vaccum cleaner that operates itself. I didnt get to see it but my mom and big brother did. They said it fell over and then kept going in circles. Obviously, it wasn't supposed to happen because the people on the commercial were kind of freaking out..I can't help but laugh at those things.

rubah
05-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I probably would have if I would have had a credit card when I was younger, more naîve, and watched infomercials.

strawberryman
05-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Infomercials make me giggle.

Rye
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Anytime there's an infomercial about weight loss pills and stuff like that, I'll be glued to it for an hour, and ready to call up. It drives me nuts!

chaos_ghost
05-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I've never bought anything, but I did watch this infomercial for a device that gets the wrinkles out of ANY FABRIC!!!!

I think we're talking about the same product and if we are, I was five seconds away from buying it!

blackmage_nuke
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
I once watched one that sold... clothes pegs. Yes, normal everyday clothes pegs. 'A new inovative invention that can hold your clothes in just about every situation. And it can be used for other things too'
I just sat through the whole thing expecting to hear some kind of new feature in them, or an improved design, but nope, they were just standard basic, clothes pegs.

Namelessfengir
05-28-2008, 11:14 PM
i can sit through ones like the rotissary bbq and certain other things
we actually have the dehydrator havent used it in ten-twelve years though really dont need fruit chips.

Vermachtnis
05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
I've never been tempted before. They've never sold anything I've wanted, however

"For the low low price of $19.99, you can get our < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, a SECOND < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, our bathroom version of < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, and our car version of < insert same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! Now you can go everywhere and have < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! Remember, you get our < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, a SECOND < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, our bathroom version of < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, and our car version of < insert same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! That's a value of up to $90 dollars, but it's YOURS for $19.99 (shipping and handling not added). To order, visit our website at www/.< insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>79.com or call (555) 555-5555. That's (555) 555-5555. Operators are standing by. Must be 18 or older to order. Remember, that's (555) 555-5555. Call now!"

Do want!

Mogi
05-29-2008, 12:41 AM
My dad's ex-girlfriend's brother called some number, hoping to buy a vacuum cleaner or something, and ended up buying all kinds of other useless crap, with a total of over $500.
-.-

DMKA
05-29-2008, 02:12 AM
http://www.seanpaune.com/images/blog/tv/billy_oxyclean.jpg

I'd buy anything from this man. And yes, I have a tub of Oxyclean in the bathroom as I type this.

Momiji
05-29-2008, 02:59 AM
http://www.seanpaune.com/images/blog/tv/billy_oxyclean.jpg

I'd buy anything from this man. And yes, I have a tub of Oxyclean in the bathroom as I type this.

I hate him. He's way too loud.

DMKA
05-29-2008, 03:01 AM
I hate him. He's way too loud.

Hush you're blasphemous mouth, heathen. :love:

Meow
05-29-2008, 08:53 AM
change your shorts change your life
change into a nine-year-old Hindu boy
get rid of your wife

Muhyo
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
When I was a little kid, my mum bought me something called "Morphun Blocks".

I still have it today and if she's ever ready to throw it out, I'm ready to throw a fit.